Official announcement: Hot off the presses. Next Civ game in development!!!!!!!

I want to do Viking raids up rivers. Right now those inland districts are safe from the predations of my longships. 😥
I've thought about it a little. Make them work for connecting trade routes, make them faster movement for land units; ships that can enter deep ocean cannot enter rivers, and ships that are only for shallow water can go in rivers.

Also, if we get another version of World Congress with question marks for Civs, I'm gonna start a riot...
They honestly should have just copied the Civ IV process. The Apostolic Palace, then eventually the UN.

Civ II had it, I can't remember if III did. They used to go through the center of a tile instead of along the edges.
I haven't played Civ II so that explains why I don't remember them existing.
They honestly should have just copied the Civ IV process. The Apostolic Palace, then eventually the UN.
That would be nice. But maybe with a UI for it more like Civ5 or 6.

Somewhere in my heart (very far away from my brain :crazyeye:), part of me wishes that "hot off the presses" wasn't just referring to the news of a new Civ iteration* but the game itself.

Welp. Now we know for sure that they're working on a Civ game!

...now we wait until they tell us something meaningful about it :sleep:

*which better be 7 if not for the two passes eating up spin-off resources but for the exclamation marks :lol:

Great news and not only that.. they just started building civ 7. It's kind of silly to me that it says it just started since there's been speculation since a few years ago and we had thought that was it for civilization as we know it.

Also, if we get another version of World Congress with question marks for Civs, I'm gonna start a riot...
TBH I'd be happiest if the World Congress doesn't return at all. Civ5's World Congress was annoying and Civ6's was worse.

What's exciting to me at least is that this will be the first new Civ game where I can follow the developments as they happen. I didn't really get into the series until 2018, when I started playing V, then later VI (a few months after the Rise and Fall expansion was released). I remember when Gathering Storm was announced I enjoyed watching the new leader/civ videos every couple of weeks: I imagine it must be even more fun for the base game.

There are some things I hope carry over, like the districts, how when you discover a mountain or river or desert or whatever it's given a name appropriate to your civ, the timeline, stuff like that. Certainly there are some things I would like if they would bring back from older games, like V's demographics screen (luckily, someone made a mod for that for VI), or even add: I really wish that there was some kind of economic victory condition, and epidemics would be nice. Maybe some new leaders would be nice as well: I would LOVE to see Akhenaten for Egypt, for example.

I just wonder if the music will possibly be able to top VI (which I rank as one of my Top Ten favorite game soundtracks of all-time). :shifty:

What's exciting to me at least is that this will be the first new Civ game where I can follow the developments as they happen. I didn't really get into the series until 2018, when I started playing V, then later VI (a few months after the Rise and Fall expansion was released). I remember when Gathering Storm was announced I enjoyed watching the new leader/civ videos every couple of weeks: I imagine it must be even more fun for the base game.

There are some things I hope carry over, like the districts, how when you discover a mountain or river or desert or whatever it's given a name appropriate to your civ, the timeline, stuff like that. Certainly there are some things I would like if they would bring back from older games, like V's demographics screen (luckily, someone made a mod for that for VI), or even add: I really wish that there was some kind of economic victory condition, and epidemics would be nice. Maybe some new leaders would be nice as well: I would LOVE to see Akhenaten for Egypt, for example.

I just wonder if the music will possibly be able to top VI (which I rank as one of my Top Ten favorite game soundtracks of all-time). :shifty:
It's all fun and games till a blurry poster appears on a distant wall behind Pete Murray. Then all hell breaks loose and everyone starts yelling TAMAR OF GEORGIA.

What's exciting to me at least is that this will be the first new Civ game where I can follow the developments as they happen.
This is also the first Civ game that I'll be able follow while it's being developed. I've been a pretty much life-long Civ fan, but I was too young the follow the development of 5 or 6, so this is pretty exciting for me.
is it too soon to hype up Armenia?
Nonsense! It's never to early for speculation, that's what hype is built on.

I hope they introduce cultural variation in ship designs for Civ 7. And greater cultural and ethnic variation for land units.
this absolutely
also i think the thing im looking forward to most with civ7 prolly coming soon is being able to put a civ wishlist in my signature again
thing im looking forward to second most being how they might improve upon basically every victory type except domination. domination's good in civ6, i think the rest have room to grow

Like I said, I was surprised when that thread revealed I'm the weird RPG/adventure game player who happens to play Civ. :p

I'm an RPG player as well. I feel like there's a lot of crossover appeal for 4x and RPG games. You really want to stop and weigh your options carefully. Plan things out. Etc.

Same here, big RPG player ! I also play some first-person shooters if they have a good story and are not mainly/only multi-player

Yay! Guess this means I should revise and refine my Civ7 Civs and Leader wish list. Seeing the replies to my original post, I see a desire to dig deeper in history to find the ancient ancestral civilizations to some of the nations/Civs I had on the list.

I also hope they use the loyalty mechanic, and combine it with the mechanics used in Civ 5 for ideologies, and create a civil war mechanic in the game. If only for a mode or scenario. Foreign civilizations observing the conflict would give their support to the side who shares their similar ideology.

My fondest hope is that they will be able to fully integrate some of the most fun aspects of the New Frontier Pass into the main game-like Barbarian Clans & Monopolies, Industries & Corporations. Indeed, when it comes to Barbarian Clans, I am hopeful that they will consider completely blurring the line between City-States & Barbarian Camps. Just have a variety of Independent Peoples who can range from hostile to friendly, depending on various factors.

Top Bottom