Official:Game Settings

We need our own forum to decide the game settings. After that we can vote here. All other is .... :D
Uh, HUSch... our own forum has been up for some time. Sign up here. ;)

Team Sirius presently has a vast majority in favour of these options:

Events: Off (14-1)
Vassals: Off (15-0)
Tech Trading: Normal (10-3-2)
Barbs: Normal (11-2-2)
Diff: Emperor (8-3-2-1-1)

The only vote which is exceptionally close is that on huts, which is presently:

Huts: On (8-7)

Since this vote is so close, it may yet be updated in future.

Team Sirius presently has 10-2-1 in favour of Normal speed.

Huts: On/Off
Events: On/Off
Vassal States: On/Off

There's a common opinion on the team that the above should be off, period.

Barbarians: None, Normal, or Raging
Tech Trading: Normal, No Tech Trading, No Tech Brokering

Presently, it seems like the only thing we need to work out on is the difficulty level. Half wants a moderate level (monarch/emperor) and half wants hard (immortal/deity).

---------

7-0 normal speed,
7-0 Huts off
7-0 Events off
7-0 Vassal off
5-1 Tech trading ON
5-0 Barbs on

Team AMAZON votes for:
Huts: OFF
Events: OFF
Barbs: Normal
EDIT:Vassals: OFF (razor thin margin with 20 votes cast:))
Speed: Normal
Difficulty: Emperor

Huts: Off (13-7)
Events: Off (19-0)
Vassal States: Off (11-9)
Barbarians: Normal (14 out of 19)
Tech Trading: In progress
Difficulty Level: Emperor (8 out of 15)
Speed: Normal (14 -0)

To be honest I'm not sure why we're polling Vassals and Events, because they're both broken in multiplayer games and should automatically be off as a result. (Humans often can't break free from a vassalage even if they satisfy the conditions; and Events can be ignored in a Pitboss game by exploiting the log in-log out capability.) But at least both of these things are tending towards being turned off anyway.

These are the team tallies so far:

Huts: On (Sirius), Off (Mavericks, Amazon, Merlot)
Events: Off (Sirius, Mavericks, Amazon, Merlot)
Vassals: Off (Sirius, Mavericks, Amazon, Merlot)
Tech Trading: Normal (Sirius, Mavericks, Merlot)
Barbarians: Normal (Sirius, Mavericks, Amazon), Off (Merlot)
Difficulty Level: Emperor (Sirius, Amazon), Noble (Merlot)
Game Speed: Normal (Sirius, Amazon, Merlot)

So therefore, these options already have the majority and are thus decided:

Events = OFF (4/6 votes)
Vassals = OFF (4/6 votes)

Plus these options are the defaults in a normal game, so even with a tie will go through:

Tech Trading = NORMAL (3/6 votes)
Barbarians = NORMAL (3/6 votes)
Game Speed = NORMAL (3/6 votes)

So five votes have been decided already. All that remains is for huts and the difficulty level to be decided.

The option for huts being off has 3 votes, but has NOT been decided yet because it is a non-default option. If huts OFF gets 1 more vote, then huts will be off. If huts ON gets the 2 remaining votes (total 3 votes), then huts will be on (default).

Since there are quite a lot of different difficulty levels, once all the votes come in there likely won't be 4 votes for one. In this event, should we go for the difficulty that has the most votes, or weight the difficulties voted for and take the "average" one? I propose the former, because otherwise teams might deliberately vote at one extreme or the other to weight their opinion more (e.g. Deity or Settler).

Please correct me if I made any mistakes, but I believe the above is correct.

Plus these options are the defaults in a normal game, so even with a tie will go through:

Tech Trading = NORMAL (3/6 votes)
Barbarians = NORMAL (3/6 votes)
Game Speed = NORMAL (3/6 votes)

I'm not sure that there can be said to be a default game speed. You select game speed from a drop down menu in the exact same way you choose a map script, a climate type, or a civilization. I would argue that there is no default game speed (even though it has the default-sounding name "Normal") just as there is no default map script or a default climate type.

With that said I don't know how we would break a tie, except maybe by arguing that Normal speed is a kind of default because it was named "Normal" by Firaxis.

Well, hopefully we won't have that issue. There have been no votes for anything other than Normal speed so far. And really, IMHO, it's only realistically between Normal and Epic. Quick is ill-suited to anything but the smallest maps (usually duel games), because units can travel a much shorter distance before they're obsoleted. And as for Marathon in a game like this... well, I'm sure none of us still want to be playing this when Civ6 comes out. :lol:

CDZ votes for

- Huts: On/Off
- Events: On/Off
- Vassal States: On/Off
- Barbarians: None, Normal, or Raging
- Tech Trading: Normal, No Tech Trading, No Tech Brokering
- Difficulty Level: Low (Noble/Prince), Medium (Monarch/Emperor), High (Immortal/Deity)
- Speed: Quick, Normal, Epic, Marathon

Okay, so the tallies are now:

Huts: On (Sirius), Off (Mavericks, Amazon, Merlot, CDZ)
Events: Off (Sirius, Mavericks, Amazon, Merlot, CDZ)
Vassals: Off (Sirius, Mavericks, Amazon, Merlot, CDZ)
Tech Trading: Normal (Sirius, Mavericks, Merlot), Off (CDZ)
Barbarians: Normal (Sirius, Mavericks, Amazon, CDZ), Off (Merlot)
Difficulty Level: Emperor (Sirius, Amazon), Monarch (CDZ), Noble (Merlot)
Game Speed: Normal (Sirius, Amazon, Merlot, CDZ)

So everything is now confirmed except for the difficulty level.

Huts: Off (4/6)
Events: Off (5/6)
Vassals: Off (5/6)
Tech Trading: Normal (3/6, default)
Barbarians: Normal (4/6)
Game Speed: Normal (4/6)

We need to establish "tech brokering" on or off, which is quite important.

No we don't. The teams were instructed to vote between all the options:

- Tech Trading: Normal, No Tech Trading, No Tech Brokering
Three teams voted for Normal, and one team voted for No Tech Trading. No teams have voted for No Tech Brokering, and this was not an accident. The majority of the players in those teams obviously didn't want this option, so they didn't vote for it. There is no sense in bringing the same option up for the same team vote again, because we've already voted it out. We will be going with normal tech trading in this game.

Thanks for keeping that running tally.

We just need Quatronia to vote for the level of difficulty and we have ourselves a game. If their is not clear winner, should the map maker decide?

Actually Mavericks have yet to finalize a vote on the difficulty level too. But yes, it's down to those two now.

Quatronias median difficulty level is Monarch, which also seems to be the median of all votes here.

Top Bottom