Old Timer (26 March 2007)

That's a lengthy death animation! Love the cane thwacking, classic, to say the least.

Forget Spearmen vs. Tank, now it's 80-Year Old Cane weilder vs. Tank!

Excellent, really, the death is quite spectacular.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Glad you like it. Yes, it would be fun to give him really high stats and send him against a Modern Armor...

I'm glad the Walk and Victory turned out well, as they were both very hard to do (especially the Victory, which took forever). Canes seem to be hard to animate in Poser, and jumps are hard to do convincingly, especially with limited frames. The Death wasn't easy, but then they never are.

[varwnos] I'm puzzled - how do you know he's not Muslim as it is...?

This is a great unit and will look awesome in EFZI2! Great job on the heal clicking and the cane whacking.:goodjob:

Dude, you are so awesome! I love this dude, much better than the placeholders in the mod, :D. The animations are superb!

BTW, I'd like to mention that I'm listening to Nobody's Fault But Mine by Led Zeppelin right now, and his walk animation is times perfectly with the song, even the head bobs. It's quite amusing, :lol:.

Excellent job on the unit. It seems to be specific for use in a scenario though. I'm trying to think of some generic use for it.

Uh oh...Elderly with a projectile...:hide:
But really. Nice unit.:lol:
All he needs is a spear and he's unstoppable!

Perfection in Civ3 C&C? I thought you didn't even play the game.

Oh yeah and nice unit ;)

Perfection in Civ3 C&C? I thought you didn't even play the game.

Oh yeah and nice unit ;)
He only posts when it is truly deserving of a post. Or if it appeals to him.

29,081 posts is the sign of someone who only posts when it is truely deserving of a post? :lol:

At C3C&C it is. 29,000 of those posts are in OT. ;)

ANYWAYS: Back on topic. A generic use for this could be something spawned by Battlefield Medicine, and be some sort of drill instructor person or something. Or it could be a partisan.

At C3C&C it is. 29,000 of those posts are in OT. ;)
Ah, fair enough.

ANYWAYS: Back on topic. A generic use for this could be something spawned by Battlefield Medicine, and be some sort of drill instructor person or something. Or it could be a partisan.
Better idea, convert it for use as a modern army unit. That's exactly what our soft infantry need nowadays - an old war hero marching alongside telling them how much of a wimp they are. 'Lookit you lot, makes me ashamed to be alive...'

I can't praise this unit enough: the anims are simply brilliant, with a hilarious but yet believable replication of an old man's movement pattern which must have been a female dog to do in Poser. The sounds are absolutely perfect to the anims, and I laughed myself silly when I tested the unit in-game. :lol::crazyeye: Especially the victory anim is fantastic! :goodjob:

That's freaking hilarious. Nice work! :lol:

Top Bottom