Old World - Modder's Wishlist

Dale

Mohawk Games Developer
Hi all. I'm compiling a modder's wishlist. Please note here things you want as a modder.

Things like:
- mod management from the main menu
- specific DLL overrides
- map editor tools
- nation templates

The floor is yours. :)

Thanks for this thread, Dale, and congrats for joining Mohawk Games !

Knowing already that adding assets is planned, I won't repeat that one here.

I've only just started playing and modding, I've not looked at anything complex yet, and I feel almost guilty to ask something already, but here are a few suggestions based on that first contact:

• World Wrap: yes, it doesn't make sense in the scope of the game, but for mods that may want to expand that scope, it may be useful to have that ability with map making later.
  • Different assets in units formations: from what I see there is one asset used per formation/unit, I can see a use for mixed assets, for example mixing spearman/axeman/swordsman in an unorganized barbarian band, or having a dog following your scout while exploring the world (any similarity with another game would be purely coincidental)
  • Individual size scale for units/resources and other elements: working on R.E.D (reducing units/resources size), while units models (those finished I mean) scale nicely together with the global value, I'd like to be able to already re-scale individually some resources, as I find some of them to be still a bit to big while some others are not visible when placed in forest.

It would be nice to be able to edit the building/improvement models in an easy to use format, like something that can be opened in 3DS Max (like FBX, OBJ, etc). Like some kind of exporter/importer in engine.

Thanks for this thread, I would like some tools for competitive play e.g.

1. A method to ensure the game being played has the right assets. In Civ 4 you checked Lock Modified Assets and it generated a checksum for all the XML which you could then compare to a known good version.
  2. A method to ensure no editing tools are used (map maker / world builder etc).
  3. A method to set a password for access to editing tools (so a host can open and edit the files but not the players).
  4. Finally a way to read the save game file and extract information like which leader was selected, the victory condition, how many turns were played etc.
Happy to expand on any of these as required.

--NZ

Hi all. I'm compiling a modder's wishlist. Please note here things you want as a modder.

Things like:
- mod management from the main menu
- specific DLL overrides
- map editor tools
- nation templates

The floor is yours. :)

Hi Dale, how are mods shared / distributed? Some "official" channel would be nice, like steam workshop, where you can install a mod with 1-click like amazon.

I don't know if DLL methods are comparably to civ4 since the game uses unity, but similar callbacks to civ4 would be nice, those proved to be very useful. For example callback when a player changes a law, when a player starts his turn, when a player researches a tech, when a player makes an event decision, etc.

Thanks for this thread, Dale, and congrats for joining Mohawk Games !

Thanks for that. They're a real fun team to be working with.

Top Bottom