On a scale of one to ten , how would you rate Bush ?

In a scale of one to ten , how would you rate Bush ?

• Ten

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Nine

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Eight

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Seven

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Six

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Five

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • Four

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Three

Votes: 46 18.3%
  • Two

Votes: 47 18.7%
  • One

Votes: 82 32.7%

• Total voters
I gave him a 9. Had he put all of the tax burden on the bottom 10% of our society (the slave class), I would have given him a 10.

I kind of wish I had voted him higher. Not that I think he's an above avg President, but that he's not as bad as everyone is voting. I'm sorry, but Bush is no Harding or Hoover.

Well maybe. Let's see in 10 years ;)

5. Average president. Being unpopular doesn't automatically make you bad, and he's probably had the hardest 8 years of anybody since FDR.

I'd say 64-72 was every bit as bad.

Honestly, he's only hated so much because half of America has no opinion of their own, they are just force fed opinions, we all know Bush isn't the greatest president or even a great one, but he gets unfairly rated because his term is in the present. Guaranteed, next President, be it Hillary, Obama or McCain is going to get the worst ever label thrown around just like Bush.

I'm voting a 7

1. There is nothing that he did that he didn't do wrong.

Please! Is the country in the throws of a depression? Are we in a war anywhere near as messy as Vietnam? Is there civil unrest throughout the country?

Please! Is the country in the throws of a depression? Are we in a war anywhere near as messy as Vietnam? Is there civil unrest throughout the country?

I don't think those are valid reasons to believe one president didn't fail at his term. The he could have done this and this catastrophe but he didn't is not too flattering for Bush either.

3, he gave conservatives a bad name in politics. If he actually held conservative values, he would be rated much higher in my book.

3 or 4. A decidely bad president but he is not the monster some folks make him to be. He gets way more bad press than Vladimir Putin, for example, but objectively compare the two and tell me who is worse.

3 or 4. A decidely bad president but he is not the monster some folks make him to be. He gets way more bad press than Vladimir Putin, for example, but objectively compare the two and tell me who is worse.

Well, Vlad has actually helped Russia's economy a bit.

Hrm. This is tough, especially since we don't know how Iraq will look 10 years from now, and the fate of Bush's Presidency is intimately tied to that country.

Well, let's start with the first term:
- Education. I'm not nearly as familiar with NCLB as I should be, so I'll let this go and not make a fool of myself.
- Fiscal policy. He mismanaged tax policy. Tax cuts when not matched by spending cuts aren't smart. And really, spending never goes down. Blech.
- The war in Afghanistan. Not too bad, but it's dragging on and not nearly enough resources are being put into rebuilding the country; similarly, OBL seems to have fallen off the map.
- The war in Iraq. Given the circumstances, the invasion went reasonably well. We invaded with 8 combat brigades and took Baghdad in six weeks with 150 combat deaths. That's not a bad record at all. However, both the military and the Administration completely botched the occupation. Yes, you can invade with just 8 brigades - but don't expect to be able to occupy with that small of a force.
- To his credit, there hasn't been a terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11. However, it is possible that some of the measures taken in the name of counter-terrorism have been excessive.

Second term
- He wanted to reform immigration. Failed.
- He wanted to reform Social Security. Failed.
- He wanted to turn Iraq around, then waited four years before committing the amount of troops needed. Actually, we might need even more. It was a good idea, but the execution was horrid, and execution is everything when that many lives (American and Iraqi) are at stake. Fail.
- He's leaving with a deficit of over $200 billion, after being handed a surplus. Fail.
- Furthermore, he's destroyed all the progress of the late '90s in paying down the debt. Fail.

On the net, his second term really drags down the marginal successes in the first. He's been disappointing. He'll be partially vindicated if Iraq turns around. Very partially.

3.5 out of 10. Would not buy again.

No, record oil and gas prices have.

Russia started expanding it's energy deals and they have started constructing more pipelines . In that regard Russia has some who would support her due to the energy supplied. Now this is happening in Putin's term but one may not wish to give him full credit. I will admit that i don't know how much credit he deserves for this .

Is this a joke, its taken the conservatives under Bush longer to secure the road from downtown Baghdad to its airport than it has the democrats to defeat the nazis, Mussolini, and the Japanese. Our country will be wracked with taxes from the war for year to come and everybody hates us cuz we are so arrogant and not willing to listen. Lastly the social conservative agenda is stifling and frankly utterly disgusting and deplorable in regard to human rights.

Gross misuse of power. Much of what was changed in domestic law rejects the Constitution and legal precedent and was absolutely not necessary for anti-terrorism. His "signing statements" are unconstitutional.

Bush has presided over vast increases in the power, scale and scope of the federal government that would appall any "conservative" who actually believed in limited government.

He has done exactly what the Founding Fathers set up the Constitution to prevent: He has made an executive who is more of a danger to the American people than a foreign enemy would be.

That's the irony, Bush is EXACTLY what any person who opposes Big Brother would oppose. If he was a Democrat, the Republicans would be screaming bloody murder.

Bush is utterly irresponsible fiscally. I got news for you guys, George W Bush has not cut your taxes. He has raised your future taxes. He deferred taxes into the future and borrowed money to cover it. So for every dollar W "cut taxes", you will pay more that 1 dollar at some point in the future.

Bush screwed up the war in Afghanistan by de-emphasizing it before it was done. And the Iraq war was stupid, unnecessary, and reckless. He has greatly strengthened Iran while exhausting our own power and accomplished noting that's in our best interest.

His nominees for appointed office mostly belong in prison. His judges mostly belong in the lunatic asylum.

He has done more damage to the long term interest of the US than anyone else with the possible exception of Reagan.

It isn't just the president who is elected this year who will spend all of their term in office (4 or 8 years) trying to repair damage that Bush has done, but at least 2 more presidents will still be working to repair damage of Bush's incompetence.

Is this a joke, its taken the conservatives under Bush longer to secure the road from downtown Baghdad to its airport than it has the democrats to defeat the nazis, Mussolini, and the Japanese.

Because all soldiers during a Republican term are Republican and all soldiers during a Democrat term are Democrat? Who says domestic politics affects our fighting anyway?

ohcrapitsnico said:
Our country will be wracked with taxes from the war for year to come and everybody hates us cuz we are so arrogant and not willing to listen.

Define "everyone" and "us"

ohcrapitsnico said:
Lastly the social conservative agenda is stifling and frankly utterly disgusting and deplorable in regard to human rights.

I can't remember "destroy human rights" being on the conservative agenda.

Because all soldiers during a Republican term are Republican and all soldiers during a Democrat term are Democrat? Who says domestic politics affects our fighting anyway?

Define "everyone" and "us"

I can't remember "destroy human rights" being on the conservative agenda.

Our soldiers are fine, first off the war was not a good idea and the policies of the bush administration and their in short muddling it up has doomed the war.

Everyone is most of the world primarily the middle east and us is america, it doesn't matter what we on a case by case basis are its the perception.

Well its all a matter of opinion then whether gays are humans, terminally I'll people are humans etc. I just find it sickening and even economically wrong.

Three. There were/are a few silver linings from this administration. Even if it might have been a no-brainer to go into Afghanistan in 2001, it still had to be done and at first, it was done fairly well. It seems to be slipping somewhat, but credit does have to go where it's due.

I'd say the same regarding Africa and the idea behind the Millennium Challenge Fund (if that's still even around, either way, the idea is still a step in the right direction, I think) that augurey hit upon earlier in the thread.

And, let's face it, we've had some seriously God-awful presidents in the past that have done far worse things than this one has, either directly or through negligence. Many of the failures or just plain bad ideas from the administration are already here and elsewhere, so there's no need to rehash that much, but a lot of it still falls short of several of our past presidents.

I don't think those are valid reasons to believe one president didn't fail at his term. The he could have done this and this catastrophe but he didn't is not too flattering for Bush either.

A 4/10 is a fail ;) You can't rate him a 1 without saying he's the worst president of all time.

Top Bottom