OPEN Persian OCC SG

Snazzy does some 'repair' on the last 'things going on' since before his 'ancestor' Snzyii (pronounced Snuze-Yee). And WONDERS WHY WE WON'T WIN BY 2050 A. D. HISTOGRAPH!

preturn: switches science to 50
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8) learns metallurgy. goes for magnetism. 10 turns. sends worker for work
9)
10) renames leeville
11)
12) Ham offers WM for printing press and WM we decline and give 5 gold and he gives WM
13) more work
14)
15)
16) more work
17) Learn Magnetism go for steam power. We're in Industrial (already). We know Nationalism (great we can do espionage soon) more work and WE NEED TO BUILD OUR MILLITARY.
18)
19)
20) you know what

Save game soon

I'll take it but I'm only playing 10 turns since I don't feel that I am a very good player and I wouldn't want to screw up any good things you guys had going. Feel free to constructively critisize my playing style when I get done

Preturn: Bump science rate up 10%, cuts 3 turns off research, we are losing 1 gpt but have substantial treasury. Upgrade 2 spearmen to riflemen.
(1) 1180AD-
(2) 1190AD-
(3) 1200AD-
(4) 1210AD-
(5) 1220AD-Newton's is finished, start rifleman. Indians complete Pyramids in Delhi. Disband our 3 warriors, cut one turn from rifleman and saving us some gpt.
(6) 1230AD-Greeks start Leonardo's.
(7) 1240AD-
(8) 1250AD-
(9) 1255AD-
(10) 1260AD-Discover Steam Power, start Industrialization. Start JS Bach's. Of course we have no coal. The other civs are at least 5 techs from having the tech to trade it to us. So we aren't going to have rails anytime soon.
(11) 1265AD-
(12) 1270AD-
(13) 1275AD-
(14) 1280AD-
(15) 1285AD-
(16) 1290AD-
(17) 1295AD-
(18) 1300AD-
(19) 1305AD-Discover Industrialization, start Medicine. The only civ with Iron to trade (we need to build a factory) is India and we don't have a trade route with them. We might be able to establish one if we had a harbor but we would lose 74 shields by converting from JS Bach's to harbor at this point.
(20) 1310AD-

The worker is working on establishing a direct trading route with the Greek's in case Babs and Greeks go to war and our existing route is eliminated. When JS Bach's is done we should build a harbor both for growth and hopefully then we will be able to trade for iron and build a factory. When other civs have Steam Power we need to trade for coal too so we can build rails.

We are currently at 7,743 culture and earning 73 per turn. During the next 3 reigns we will get the doubling bonus of Sistine's, university and cathedral plus JS Bach's will be completed. These will add an additional 19 culture per turn.

joshnsnaz, I saw your reference to espionage, I am wondering what you would do with espionage in an OCC game. We can't initiate propaganda in an OCC and if we fail in our attempt to even plant a spy we may make the other civ mad enough to attack us which we don't want.

Best of luck to the next leader.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/PersianOCC-1310AD.zip

Just so you know, I decided not to take it cause of homework, so its open for anyone

Been following these succession games for awhile now, so I decided to try it....hope I didn't botch the game too much.

I played 25 turns, the first page did not say the max or min turns unless I missed it. However, I really wanted to have our one city produce at least SOMETHING during my turns.

Here's the save, I will post the write-up (exciting read, be forewarned) next.

(P) 1310 - Checked everything, no changes made
(1) 1315 - yawn, worker clearing jungle still
(2) 1320 - Babs & Indians both now building J.S Bach's (5 other wonders to be had, and they pick the same one we are building.
- Sold Printing Press to Greeks, Chemisty to Babs, and Navigation to Indians for total of 80 gold, reasoning to try and get them closer to discovering coal (that we need to trade for) a tad bit sooner.
(3) 1325 - yawn
(4) 1330 - Ham offers MPP, ROP, at 3 gp/turn. I decline. He is gracious. (Um, ok - he was probably gracious before, but I just noticed it now. I usually only take special notice when they are annoyed or furious.)
(5) 1335 - Decrease science 10%, gp/turn up to 7 while still getting Med in 2 turns.
(6) 1340 - yawn
(7) 1345 - Med learned, start on Sanitation. 6 turns at -2 gp/turn with treasury at 380 gp.
(8) 1350 - Worker finally done with that darn jungle. Completes Persian - Greek highway.
(9) 1355 - MMOW
(10) 1360 - South Road done.
(11) 1365 - MMOW
(12) 1370 - Increase science rate to move us into the plus, and still get:
(13) 1375 - Sanitation researched, start on Electricity. Done in 10 @ -2 gp/turn. Figuring we can head towards Scientific Method (Theory of Evolution).
(14) 1380 - yawn
(15) 1385 - yawn
(16) 1390 - Ok, if anything on my turn - this is probably the move that is going to get me in the most trouble: Colony built on Dyes to the south....connected to Capital by South Road. We lose our worker, but he really was not going to be doing anything worthwhile till we get coal (far-off future). Capital is a bit more happy.
(17) 1395 - Electricity research moved up to 5 turns, at -5 gp/turn (366 in treasury).
(18) 1400 - Research dropped down to -1 gp/turn with no ill-turn effects.
(19 - 21) 1405 - 1415 - took a nap
(22) 1420 - Electricity done, started on Scientific Method which will be done in 7 turns at -1 gp/turn.
(23) 1425 - yawn
(24) 1430 - J.S. Bach's Cathedral completed! Babs and Indians start Leo's. Production set on harbor.
(25) 1435 - did nothing, saved the game. Scientific Method due in 4 turns. Harbor in about 5 or so.

Harbor vs. Hospital is a hard choice. Growth or Trade (with India - iron, saltpeter and later coal). Harbor is less turns of course, but next person feel free to veto. This is still a toss-up in my mind.

Feel free to criticize/analyze my moves in public here!

Originally posted by Asty
(9) 1355 - MMOW
Harbor vs. Hospital is a hard choice. Growth or Trade (with India - iron, saltpeter and later coal). Harbor is less turns of course, but next person feel free to veto. This is still a toss-up in my mind.

Feel free to criticize/analyze my moves in public here!

Harbor was a better choice - we need maximum trading possiblities.

As for the tech trading - LEAVE the AI way behind. This increase the odds of us building another great wonder.

MMOW
:rotfl:

Uh - In a occ???

When I said MMOW....it was basically moving the one worker into position. I know it means "more movement of workers" but in this case it was simplified with me moving the worker into position to build the road and grab the dyes.

...and thats basically the conclusion I went with. If this were a rather difficult game I woud agree with leaving the AI behind in tech....but we need the coal, and are not going to get it without them....so thats why I traded techs a bit just for a bit of cash. Not really benefiting us or them per say, but it was something to do...hehehe.

Thanks for the advice though. Reading these games throughout this part of the forum has really developed my game strategy. I now find myself deciding within the first 40 turns or so what my end goal is (are we gonna war it out, culture, etc.)

our empire after my game (late again)

Attachments

• pic16.gif
    pic16.gif
    438.6 KB · Views: 129
P: reduces science to 60%.
1: nothing
2: Indians talk MMP and ROP for MMP, ROP and 4/gpt gracious. Improve palace
3: nothing
4: we build harbor go for Universal Suffrage (45t)
5: we learn Scientific Method go for Espionage next. Palace improved again. Espionage in 7
6: Culture expands
7: nothing
8: nothing again
9: N-O-T-H-I-N-G
10: nothing2
11: nothing again2
12: N-O-T-H-I-N-G2
13: nothing3
14: nothing again3
15: We discover Espionage go for Atomic theory in 16. D.A. says we should build intellegence agency
16: nothing
17: nothing again
18: N-O-T-H-I-N-G
19: babylon speaks offers economics for Free Artistry and 20 gold. I accept
20:

Top Bottom