Preturn: In a OCC we are most likely to win with a culture of 20,000. We have 3 warriors out exploring for huts and other civs so I switch our production to temple to get our culture started. The sooner it is built, the sooner we get the 1,000 year culture doubling bonus. I also dropped the science rate to 70%, we will still finish alphabet in 2 turns, but now we are making 1gpt.
(1) 3000BC-Our brave warrior defeats all 3 barbs undamaged and becomes elite!! Green borders are sighted to our southwest. Science rate is dropped another 20% to gain another gold on our last turn of research of alphabet. Our worker starts another mine.
(2) 2950BC-Alphabet is discovered. I decide to beeline towards literature so we can go for the Great Library. Turn science rate back up to 100%, 7 turns until writing, no income.
(3) 2900BC-warrior exploring
(4) 2850BC-worker completes mine.
(5) 2800BC-worker starts road.
(7) 2710BC-worker completes road, starts mine. Western warrior sees a goody hut.
(8) 2670BC-We learn Mysticism from the goody hut! Turn science rate down to earn a gold on the last turn of research. The green borders belong to Greece, they know nothing that we don't and don't have enough to buy anything we know.
(9) 2630BC-Learn writing, head for literature, will take 9 turns with no income. Our southern warrior finds a goody hut.
(10) 2590BC-worker completes mine, heads toward next square to mine. Our northern warrior finds a goody hut!
(11) 2550BC-worker starts next mine.
(12) 2510BC-Temple is completed, start spearman for garrison. Northern warrior finds a settler in the goody hut. Guess I will have it head back towards our city to add population. But he is a long way from home and I am not going to waste the exploring of the warrior by providing escort. Our southern warrior has better luck and learns Pottery. Due to the temple we are now losing 2 gpt, I turn science rate down to 90%, it increases remaining research time from 5 to 6 turns but gets us down to losing 1 gpt. Our treasury is 11 so we should be OK.
(13) 2430BC-worker completes mine.
(15) 2350BC-complete spearman, start Colossus. Drop science rate for last 2 turns of research.
(16) 2310BC-our northern warrior finds a goody hut. Our western warrior finds a goody hut. And guess what, our southern warrior finds a goody hut
(17) 2270BC-Discover writing, start Polytheism. Leave science rate so that we are breaking even, 15 turns of research. Northern goody hut gives us a warrior. Western goody hut gives us another settler. Usually I would love settlers, but not in a OCC!! Southern goody hut gives us 25 gold. Not one tech! And I have to drop the science rate because we are now losing 2 gpt due to the extra 2 units we now have. We are still losing 1 gpt for 18 turns but we can burn that 25 gold we just got. I look at our production opportunities and decide to change to library. It will give us 3 culture and will be done in 4 turns. The wonders available to us range from 3 to 6 culture but will require 27 to 56 turns. The library will get doubled to 6 culture before we will complete any of those plus we will begin earning culture in just 4 turns.
(18) 2230BC-worker clears forest, starts mine.
(20) 2150BC-Complete library early due to the forest clearing, decide to go for The Colssus. It gives 3 culture and is done in 29 turns. The other wonders will take much longer. The Great Library is not looking so great because the Babs and Greeks are not yet ahead of us in techs. It does give 6 culture but will take 58 turns. This early in the game the 1,000 year doubling of culture is important. The Great Library will also probably be available when we complete the Colossus, but keep an eye out for the other civs to start it, we may want to change if they do.
Both of the known civs only have one city, that won't last long. The warriors are still exploring. The one we found in the goody hut is trailing a settler back to our city. He is intended to be additional garrison for happiness purposes. We are running on the edge of happiness. At chieftain we get four content citizens plus we get one more due to the temple. We will be growing to size five next turn so any additional growth will require additional garrison, entertainment tax or luxuries.
I decided against trading for iron working that the Greeks know as they wanted three of our techs or comm with the Babs for it. I didn't want to give up that many techs at this point. We want them dumb so they can't build wonders before us. Some reason I didn't want to trade communications with them. The AI is very aggressive in trading techs amongst themselves and again this will threaten our ability to build the wonders.
Good luck to the next leader.