1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Discussion in 'Orbis Modmod' started by Ahwaric, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmdavis

kmdavis Chieftain

Did some more work reproducing this bug

I can reproduce it on large and huge maps only, standard = no problem.
    If I wait a turn before doing anything, again, no problem

THEORY:
    Might be related to changing the los (or maybe movement costs) within the initial city radius.

Going to try to verify that by moving my settler on turn 1, but duplicating the initial terrain at it's new location.

EDIT:
    Verified. Move my settler 2 tiles, and duplicated the terrain initially around the settler at it's new location.

2. KingArthur666

KingArthur666 Chieftain

Yurts no longer seem to "grow" into Goum's or Aul's (with the new name) when worked.

3. Ahwaric

Ahwaric Shrubbery-hugger

Ok, I will try to fix it harder this time.
    This is probably caused by the new Illian mechanics introduced by the new version of flavour mod. It should not influence turn timer that hard, but no other idea ATM.

I need more info:
    Are Illians in your game?
    Anyone else experiencing it?
    I forgot to update upgrade/pillage path with the new name.
    A side effect of an unnecessary change, but I felt the name fits better both the description and what it actually is...
    Anyway, fixed it. For now, use the quickfix (updated with improvement info). The link is in the first post of this thread or download one. It does not break saves (should not)

@kmdavis
    So far no idea. Will try to experiment a little.

I will probably post a new patch soon. More time on my side :). Just need to resolve the dwarven art problem. I will make sure the patch is save-friendly.

4. arstal

arstal Say No 2 Net Validations

Noticed a pretty nasty bug.

With the Amurites, when they lose their minor status, a series of events popped up where I didn't lose the minor trait, but gained a new golden age every turn. I got 5 straight golden ages that way.

This save should have it.

5. Ahwaric

Ahwaric Shrubbery-hugger

I thought it was fixed in d...
    Anyway, now fixed for good. Added to quickfix - get it again and use.

6. jcjcjc

jcjcjc Chieftain

Time between Turns

For Play Now; Turn 4-5, is a normal ~ 3 secs
    Custom Game; Turn 4-5 is 8 - 16 secs (same Custom Options - multiple restarts from Main Menu)

Reinstalling 0.22c; Custom Game with same Custom Options as above is ~ 3 secs

Reinstalling 0.22d - same effect as first reported.

With my main game as Scions at some time between Turns 65 & Turns 81 the time between Turns dropped from 15 secs to 5 secs & has stayed there (Turn 229 at present). Since my main worry was that if started of at 10 secs per Turn, what was it going to be like at Turn 300? Im not so worried now.

Custom Options; Flavour Start, Raging Barbarians, Barbarian World, Blessings of Amatheon, Living World.
    No Illians present but Mazatl are.

As the time hasn't increased & in fact decreased, I wont test further; unless you would like me to with some suggested changes, as Im not sure what to look for now.

Regards

jcjcjc

7. arkham4269

arkham4269 Court Writer - Orbis Mod

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature but had some odd things show up in regard to Hell terrain. Hyborem spawned in the ice south of my Mechanos kingdom and before the Infernals got to strong, I attacked. Now at this point in the game the only Hell terrain was very few non-ice/tundra squares around the Infernals area. Some of it might have spread to the evil Illians bordering them but since they had done their winter rituals (and were in a icy area themselves) it was hard to tell.

So I wipe them out and then start changing the lands over to more suitable terrain. When I'd change tundra to plains, they would change to Fields of Perdition even though the Infernals were gone. Yet they most tiles would then change to plains on their own on a later time. However I have one or two tiles that just don't want to change, even after I built Genesis.

Anyway, while annoying, that wasn't the odd 'bug' - I noticed my dragoons all started having the nightmare promotion! Now without looking at the game, I don't recall any horse resources in the area that came under Hell terrain and certainly none of it creeped into my area. Plus my game is running rather slow in a way I've noticed when it looks like there are 'competing' things the program seems to be trying to fiddle with.

Plus, for some reasons I can't build galleons in my captured Matazl cities but I can in my city I captured from Archeron. (I need to double check if I can build them in the captured Illian cities)

8. Elm

Elm Chieftain

I was looking around in CvEventManager.py, to gather info on the percents for traits for minor civs, and saw that in onTechAcquired, the TECH_KNOWLEDGE_OF_THE_ETHER tech has two identical entries. This should not cause any issues, since the tech will be acquired in the first one, so will be ignored in the second, but I was recalling that in earlier versions there were two options (with different iTrait values) for gaining either SUMMONER or ARCANE. Right now, you only gain summoner with a 20% chance of also gaining ARCANE, if I read it correctly. Maybe it should be more like TECH_WRITING, which has more than one trait associated.

9. jcjcjc

jcjcjc Chieftain

2 Basium Triremes vs. 1 Alexis Trireme; the Basium Triremes have spent 5 turns just ranged attacking @ odds of 6.9 / 1.3 instead of killing.
    O.K. this is actually sensible behaviour (power-gaming wise), but I doubt if its what you intended! :)

Edit
    Basium ended up with 6 Triremes in his stack (over about 20 turns) before a Cog arrived for the kill.

Linked to this; I vaguely remember a post from some time ago when you said that Mechanos definitely couldn't Summon Basium & that Risen Emperor shouldn't be able to, however playing as Risen Emperor I just have & I've seen an AI Risen Emperor summon him as well. I just wonder whether you changed your mind or if its an oversight?

10. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

hey, the IA has to Metagame too

11. jcjcjc

jcjcjc Chieftain

The Guilds Tech requirement for Daggers seems to have disappeared. I can now promote Martyrs as soon as they reach Level 6. Is this intentional?

12. PapaMonkey

PapaMonkey Chieftain

Is there any replacement for spawning Chaos Mauraders without the Carnival using the Planar Gate?

13. arkham4269

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but playing the Illians, their city artwork will not show palisades or walls.

14. arkham4269

Okay, I've noticed this off and on but in my current game it has gotten absurd. I'm playing as the Illians and am at war with pretty much everyone. No problem. Luckily the AI seems distracted by other wars going on so except for Basium on my border, no other race is doing more than sending token forces into my area. So I decide to go pick on the 'cripple' the minor Khazad leader.

All through out this game (and previous games with the Khazad in them) that the AI tends to build three units almost to exclusion: slingers, horsemen and assassins. Sure if they have RoK the AI will also build Stonewardens.

So far, the reason the AI does this is because the horsemen and assassins are practically invincible! :mad: They seem to be able to wipe out units way stronger then they are and almost never die the first time; always retreating to safety. Often times they retreat to the tops of mountains. Now when I prepare to attack them, I see the AI has put in Combat I & II, but I'm trying (emphasis on trying) to defend with spearmen build in a city with a training yard, the Castra Legionis, and my civ has the Heroic Epic. Plus I think I have a command post in that city as well. So how in the hell can these spearmen who are defending in a city still getting whacked? I've seen these 'lowly' horsemen out in the open with atk/def factors of around 9!

Then there are 'super-ninja' assassins. First off, did I just get a case of the stupids and not notice a big change in the rules? Supposedly the marksmen promotion is supposed to allow units to protect other units from assassin attacks. I have weaker units in the stack, I keep (when I can) summoned units and I keep assassins around...and in comes the crack Khazad ninjas and kill my mages EVERYTIME! :mad:

I've seen these assassins (some only built a turn or two ago) almost kill heavy combat untis when caught out in the opne. One was in a forest and I attacked it with this experienced elven merc assassin so you'd expect that dwarf to be toast, right? Wrong! The elven assassin managed to win but was practically destroyed in the process and sure enough the Dwarf Ninja from Hell retreated!

Again the last straw came when I had a fresh, experienced spearman, with all the good benefits get killed by a horsemen when defending in a entrenched city. Plus, I know the game tends to pick units that have the best defense do the defending, well I had heros and some pretty nasty heavy infantry in the stack...all just blown by. Similarly in that stack, I had catapults, a ice elemental and 2 assassins. In comes the Khazad ninja and POW! I have a dead mage.

So right now, this is a game breaker for me. I'm going to have to make sure the Khazad never get picked as a Civ when I play because right now they are completely unbalanced! I mean I could understand if these where Shadows...I seem to recall the Dwarven Shadow has some pretty unique abilities, but I can't find anything in the Civlopedia about dwarven assassins or horsemen having any sort of super abilities. Besides, who ever heard of dwarven horsemen anyway? The idea is laughable!

And why isn't my marksmen abilities not working? Did that get changed? It's getting to the point where it's not worth having mages. The AI seems to be able attack them regardless of what else I have in the stack, even other adepts. I mean they can crank out assassins a lot faster than I can get mages trained up.

Needless to say I'm rather....let's be polite and say 'miffed' about this. I just had a two heavily armed, experienced column of troops get savaged by nothing more than a few horseman and assassins. Yet my horsemen die like the low power troops they are and my assassins never seem to be able to find that one unit I really want to kill (Like AV priests!) So something is really wrong with the Khazad. :mad:

15. Elm

Elm Chieftain

Set up a test. Two identical units with no promotions, except that one has "dwarven" on flat plains tiles, and see if combat results in a 50/50 win (not predicted result, but actual). Maybe the dwarven promotion is doing something unexpected?

16. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

uh... comment on Marksman, it allows you to attack weakest in stack... it doesn't guard...

17. KingArthur666

KingArthur666 Chieftain

I think he meant the guardsman promotion. Either that or he is very confused.

18. Opera

Opera Chieftain

I modified two files of the Pedia, namely CvPediaCivilization.py and CvPediaPromotion.py. Why?

A) CvPediaCivilization.py

I always felt weird that some unique buildings aren't displayed although they should be. For those who don't know, there is three way of adding a unique building to a civilization. All are done by modifying the "building class". A building class specify how many of that class buildings you can build and a default building. The classes are accessible by everybody; but there default building may not. The three ways:

1, is to use an already existing building (like the Harbor) and to replace it with a new one (like the Sea Haven for the Lanun). This is done in the XML file of the civ and, bluntly, it replaces the "default" (the Harbor) by a new, the Sea Haven. That's why you see "replaces Harbor".

2, is to use one of the three premade building classes, CivBuilding1, CivBuilding2 and CivBuilding3. These three classes have no default building. So, if none is entered in the XML file of the civilization, said civilization cannot build any building pertaining to this class. Most of the time, none of those three are needed because unique buildings usually replace existing building. The Grigori, for example, have a CivBuilding1, the Adventurers' Tavern (iirc). However, it doesn't show up in the pedia. This I have fixed.

3, is to create a new class altogether. I can think of two reasons in order to do so: either there isn't enough CivBuilding classes (there is only 3), either the class has to be limited in number of buildings by game. This is the case for the Vacant Mausoleum of the Scions, since it is a National Wonder. This I haven't fixed. It could be by setting as default a placeholder building. It would automatically show up in the pedia, I think.

Anyway, to the point: CivBuildingX now show up in the pedia. All changes marked by CivBuilding Displayed, in the code. Just do a search to find my changes.

B) CvPediaPromotion.py

There was display bugs. A ")" after a "X or X" in prereqs that irked me. You may have also noticed that some prereqs begin with "and". I could have python-fixed it but I think it can be done in XML. For unknown reasons, instead of being assigned to the tag <PrereqPromotion>, many prereq are assigned to the tag <PrereqPromotionAnd> which is preceded by an "and" in the pedia. I think I will change this and post the file here, because I need to do it anyway for my gnolls.

If anyone wants to use it, it has to be unzipped in Orbis/Assets/python/Screens/.

It's really nothing but I hope it will help a bit and just please someone ;)

Attached Files:

19. kmdavis

kmdavis Chieftain

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but should xp gained by hidden nationality units NOT count towards great generals? My four nigh-invincible emperor's dagger units, while steadily reducing the defenses of all of my 'allies', have probably earned me a dozen great generals.

Speaking of which, emperor's daggers are probably OP.
    marksman, invisibility, hidden nationality (and I can pop that if a unit gets hurt, so I can heal in the very towns I was attacking), combat 5, drill 4, march, commando, and cannibalism == a unit that can singlehandedly, without siege units, destroy half a dozen units per turn in a well defended city.

Also...it seems like marksman shouldn't target ships. If a ship is in port, it gets destroyed first -- at 100% odds. the ships don't even get a chance to defend. perhaps ships should be immune to marksman? or should have Some chance to defend themselves.

20. Opera

Opera Chieftain

Urgh. Did another modification to CvPediaPromotion.py in order to correctly display all the "Leads to" promotions. The PromotionPrereqOr3 & PromotionPrereqOr4 were ignored, which led, for example, the Pedia to display that Druidic only led to Earth II and Nature II or similar, omitting Life III, Nature III and Earth III. I'll attach the file later...

Edit: kmdavis, how can you destroy half a dozen units per turn without blitz?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.