Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prospector's 'Find Resources' button never seems to light-up and enable for me. I am inside my own borders. I've tried it on various developed and undeveloped tiles. Is there some trick or something that needs to happen before I can use this ability?

That's reason, why I asked, where is reqBreed (similar to Find Resources but another guild) :D

Spoiler CvSpellInterface.py / line ~4220 - reqProspecting :
Code:
def reqProspecting(caster):
	pPlot = caster.plot()
	if pPlot.isCity() == True:
		return False
	if pPlot.isHills() == False:
		return False
	iX = caster.getX()
	iY = caster.getY()
	for iiX in range(iX-1, iX+2, 1):
		pPlot2 = CyMap().plot(iiX,iY)
		if pPlot2.isWater() == False:
			if pPlot2.getBonusType(-1) != -1:
				return False
	for iiY in range(iY-1, iY+2, 1):
		pPlot2 = CyMap().plot(iX,iiY)
		if pPlot2.isWater() == False:
			if pPlot2.getBonusType(-1) != -1:
				return False
	return True
=> you must cast it on hill outside city, and there mustn't be any resource one plot up, down, left and right

Yes, I did that but the last one got eaten, so I tried to arrange this... Now I have a bunch of useless promotions just here to get eaten so the others are fine :crazyeye:
Yeah, it is a pain, and I do not really know what is causing it... Sorry :(
I will add a "test" promotion, but this time will make it totaly invisible and not selectable...
All that will have to be done will be adding new promotions before it.

By the way, I see you changed your avator. Still thinking if I should change Mahala again to use it. It is great and the art style fits better, but I like the current one, too...

Don't think vista is bad! I play the game on vista. The one time my own mod crashed on Vista but not XP was because it ran into an undefined situation. XP ignored it, Vista didn't. It was my own sloppy programming that caused it.
I did look for OOS logs, but I couldn't find any.
I think there are some OOS bug caused by different OS on different machines - that is the only reason I mentioned it. My coding caused some vista problems, too, but as you said, that was my fault, xp just overlooked it.
I agree, I like vista (I know, it is blasphemy ;) ). It has certian annoyances, but is a good system.
Kael posted a guide to OOS bug hunting a while ago, you can read it here
I did not really try to fix OOS yet, it is just me at the team, and I do not have time unfortunatelly. Coduing is not my storong side, either. But I will try to fix what I can.
I did manage to compile it... I had copied over the base dll files and then yours on top of it, but that wasn't enough. Anyway, now I can tinker around with the code a bit.
Nopt enough? Strange... And I am glad you can look at the code, I am sure you will find some bugs I intorduced. C++ is still hard for me...
The prospector's 'Find Resources' button never seems to light-up and enable for me. I am inside my own borders. I've tried it on various developed and undeveloped tiles. Is there some trick or something that needs to happen before I can use this ability?

That's reason, why I asked, where is reqBreed (similar to Find Resources but another guild) :D
=> you must cast it on hill outside city, and there mustn't be any resource one plot up, down, left and right
I agree, the requirements are quite cryptic.
So, for both, you need to be outside city and inside your borders. Then, you need to be on the right terrain. For prospecting it is any kind of hills, for breeding grass, plains or wetland I think. I need to enabkle iyt on any farm, so that illians can use it, too.
The last requirement which was introduced to disable bonus on every tile, as arcticnightwolf said there mustn't be any resource one plot up, down, left and right. Water resources do not count, so it might be a bit easier to do the search at the sea side. Also, even invisible resources count (i.e. patrian artifacts).

Ahwaric said:
Yeah, it is a pain, and I do not really know what is causing it... Sorry
I will add a "test" promotion, but this time will make it totaly invisible and not selectable...
All that will have to be done will be adding new promotions before it.
Don't apologize, it's part of the fun of modding :p

Mahala: Personally, I don't mind if it isn't changed as I've already done it. Forgot the banner for the popup though (BTW, how is the border effect done?). I know that Valkrionn will be using the blonde one in his Doviello+ mod. WarKirby suggested it would be better if she had her midriff covered. I like her this way so it's totally up to you ;)

Thank you ArticNightWolf and Ahwaric, this was what I was missing. I was also happily surprised to see that it is not a sure thing, but that odd stuff can happen. Fun!

Still having a problem with Scion units. Any time certain units (usually ghostwalkers) pass through a Haunted Lands, the unit get's 'stuck' in the sense that even after the unit has finished it's movement, the cursor doesn't advanced to the next unit. You have to manually click another unit to get back into the normal cycle of next active units.

This isn't a game stopper but it is very, very, annoying.

Plus, I know coming from the Civlopedia Guru this may seem whinny but can we get better descriptions of Scion spells for Pelemoc? He has a few I can't figure out when/how to use. What's the point of a spell if you can't figure out when to use it?

I can't see the fortification bonus or the religions inside a city, or whether it's happy/unhealthy from the map (instead of all the icons, there's just nothing).

Also, I think the AI is a bit quick to fortify his archers and fort commander, as opposed to using their ranged attack (I realize that's not really a bug)

problem with alcinus, once he dies, he doesn't return in the capital of the scion's but, in the capital of someone else, i noticed on 2 occasion's... really weird, playing as dwarves and then getting a mage...

Will the next patch fix the Mechanos problem with having their cottages and farms disappear when they reach printing? It really takes the fun out of playing them. :(

It's not Printing. It's something else that causes it. I've tried to narrow down the bug but it seems almost random, but tied to midgame somehow. Refined mana nodes? It must be some kind of trigger that's coupled with tile improvements since only happens to Mechanos.

Pretty sure it was before last patch that I did it, but FF no longer cares what the Era of any technology is. Your personal Era only advances with religion changes (so Grigori are permanently in ERA_ANCIENT, or whatever you start your game on). Done specifically to avoid all of these nuisances.

Reasonably sure that it is not really printing, but rather advancing to a new Era that causes it. If the artwork is not defined for the era, it will not be visible. FF had the same issue with defining ERA_END for the the unique civ techs.

Well it is something because in the game I'm currently playing as the Amurites, the Grigori have obviously tripped the 'bug' since I can't see their farms or cottages yet mine are fine.

Once I discovered the Erebus map script I started playing it every time. I decided I wanted to play the Lanun (and they suck on Erebus) so I went with a big and small map instead. To my amazement there was Kelp all over in the water and little bits of haunted forest scattered about the map from the very start.
How come these don't show up on the Erebus map script?
I've also wondered about some sort of haunted coast, to make coastal cites not completely useless for the Scions.

I've also wondered about some sort of haunted coast, to make coastal cites not completely useless for the Scions.

You would think that they would have some sort of 'evil' Sargasso Sea sort of thing. Plus, I would think it would be a semi-tweak to the Hell terrain for water.

It's not Printing. It's something else that causes it. I've tried to narrow down the bug but it seems almost random, but tied to midgame somehow. Refined mana nodes? It must be some kind of trigger that's coupled with tile improvements since only happens to Mechanos.

For me, the Cottage and farm graphics were gone, after inventing "Steam Power" with the Mechanos. (Version .22c)

Also the symbols for Guilds, Happiness, etc. above the Citybar dissappeared with Steam Power. I will try the pre22 fonts tonight.
EDIT: The fonts worked. The symbols are visible again. And I read in the change log for the next version, that the era graphics will be fixed. So, no problemms anymore!

By the way I really want to thank you for this great modmod Orbis. I tried around with Fall Further the last months, but it's was allways crashing to desktop in mid/late games - nearly every turn. Orbis is running very stable so far (about round 500 now on Epic).
I really love your handling of Forts with the Fort-Commander, besides the countless other nice features...

Ranged attacks - as the targets health goes down the XP the attacker gets goes up (even if they are doing no further damage). A stack of Archers can get 3XP each, Trebuchets 4XP and as for my SOD Trebuchets promoted to Howitzers (with Blitz/Barrage) I had 10 units that could release Brigit before turn 400 !
Easily checked with WB a coastal fort/3 archers & a Held Barbarian Trireme. Has happened over 3 different games & a FfH/Orbis reinstall

Mahala: Personally, I don't mind if it isn't changed as I've already done it. Forgot the banner for the popup though (BTW, how is the border effect done?). I know that Valkrionn will be using the blonde one in his Doviello+ mod. WarKirby suggested it would be better if she had her midriff covered. I like her this way so it's totally up to you ;)
Ok, I will add the new one. The art style fits much better. So, I will make the popup. The border is in blending options, bevel and emboss. ATleast in photoshop.
Any time certain units (usually ghostwalkers) pass through a Haunted Lands, the unit get's 'stuck' in the sense that even after the unit has finished it's movement, the cursor doesn't advanced to the next unit.

Plus, I know coming from the Civlopedia Guru this may seem whinny but can we get better descriptions of Scion spells for Pelemoc?
The problem probably comes form art changes when ghostwalkers enter and leave haunted lands. Will check if it really is the reason, but no idea how to fix it if so.
You are right, time to add the description.
That is not a bug, but working as designed. There is a chance that Alcinus will spawn for other civs when killed... He will eventually be killed again, come back to the Scions, and have gained a few new spells.
You can use emperor's dagger (if you manage to get one) to locate and kill Alcinus even if he is owned by another civ without starting a war. But you never know where will he go next.
Reasonably sure that it is not really printing, but rather advancing to a new Era that causes it. If the artwork is not defined for the era, it will not be visible. FF had the same issue with defining ERA_END for the the unique civ techs.
It is a new era - renaissance -= that I added in patch c. Some art definitions for it are missing. Cottages and such are already fixed, thanks for the info on farms arkham
...To my amazement there was Kelp all over in the water and little bits of haunted forest scattered about the map from the very start.
How come these don't show up on the Erebus map script?
Erebus behaves strangely with some features, I guess I need to finally start editing scripts to make them more Orbis - friendly. Time, give me more time :cry:
Scions definetlty need some extra from coast and ocean. Maybe some special building replacing lighthouse? Or just plain +1 :commerce: from water tiles... Or both?
Ranged attacks - as the targets health goes down the XP the attacker gets goes up
That should be fixed in new FF code and I am going to include it in patch d.
Which I will probably post on saturday. Sorry for all the dealays, I hardly had any time to work on Orbis recently. But this time I really want to post the update "on time".

Erebus behaves strangely with some features, I guess I need to finally start editing scripts to make them more Orbis - friendly. Time, give me more time :cry:

Too bad we couldn't chip in and buy you some. :p Of course I'm sure just wading through all of the posts on the different threads in this forum is enough of a time destroyer! :eek:

Playing as Scions
Reading the "fluff" in the Civilopedia entry for Martyrs of Patria it should be an upgrade from a Level 6 Martyr. However The Civilopedia shows no Upgrade To for a Martyr of Patria, Assassin does but is not a valid unit for Scions.
Given I have Level 6 Martyrs + Guilds + CoE but no upgrade shown, what am I missing or is this a bug?
Slightly connected to this; I have built 29 military units since I founded CoE & spread it to my cities, but none of them are showing a personal religion; is this expected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom