Orion's Inquisition Mod

Great. Thanks Orion. Maybe I was trying to remove religions from a city which didn't share my state religion.

I will turn my attention back to finishing my RevDCM version, which adds the inquisition mod and a new religion (Shinto) in WoC format.

Yeah it is looking promising OrionVet. I am in the middle of building a woc_installer that will fix the audio issue and will hopefully have that released by this time next week. After that I will turn attention onto woc and python. To demonstrate the woc python concept, probably not in the next release of RevDCM, but in the one after that, I will "float" the revolutions inquisitions code inside RevDCM and make it WoC modular, which will give you and may be others, a model of how it can be done. Once the woc_installer is double clicked, it will install all the audio and python for the entirety of modules in the modules folder, and also hopefully a simple system for letting the python go dormant as the xml already does, when the module is removed. It is also highly possible to generate an interface for the module as an options tab, based entirely upon xml definitions of a modules ini states, and so the interface would update according to what modules have been installed.....but that will have to wait a little while....

Cheers.

Yeah it is looking promising OrionVet. I am in the middle of building a woc_installer that will fix the audio issue and will hopefully have that released by this time next week. After that I will turn attention onto woc and python.

Great! I feel like a kid waiting to open a big present at Christmas. Can't wait to try it out.

To demonstrate the woc python concept, probably not in the next release of RevDCM, but in the one after that, I will "float" the revolutions inquisitions code inside RevDCM and make it WoC modular, which will give you and may be others, a model of how it can be done. Once the woc_installer is double clicked, it will install all the audio and python for the entirety of modules in the modules folder, and also hopefully a simple system for letting the python go dormant as the xml already does, when the module is removed. It is also highly possible to generate an interface for the module as an options tab, based entirely upon xml definitions of a modules ini states, and so the interface would update according to what modules have been installed.....but that will have to wait a little while....

Cheers.

I am most interested in your modular python concept. This kind of work can realistically change the way we merge mods in the future. Very exciting!

Meanwhile, I was unable to duplicate any kind of error with this line:

Code:
self.doHolyCitySeekAndDestroy( pUnit, pCity )

All of my tests ran flawlessly. Version 2.01A is now released.

1. Moved more functions into the Inquisition.py file. Most of these functions have a one or two line call from other python files. This is all part of the broad effort to simplify the merging process.

2. Tweaked the shrine code -- It is now a Masterpiece of logic.

3. Created improved temple functions.

Have fun,

Orion Veteran :cool:

So, Orion, you're trying to limit the entirety of your mod to the Inquisition.py file (or as much of it as you can)? I'd still love to know how I could properly merge your mod and El Triturador's Stone Age mod (the two I play if I'm not playing RoM).

So, Orion, you're trying to limit the entirety of your mod to the Inquisition.py file (or as much of it as you can)? I'd still love to know how I could properly merge your mod and El Triturador's Stone Age mod (the two I play if I'm not playing RoM).

Not the entirety. I just want to limit the amount of code that must be merged. The more code I can transfer into the Inquisition.py file, the less work is required to merge the python. The result is less work to be performed on updates. I want to make using this mod as easy as possible. To perform mod merges, you need to get yourself a little program called Winmerge:

http://winmerge.org/

This program compares files and points out the differences, so that you can add the required changes to your mod files. Once you start using this utility, you will wonder why you did without it up till now.

Respectfully,

Great. Thanks!

I believe you still have an "Inqi" in 201A, line 749. This might be why you don't get the python error below, since the 'self' error is in line 752 and is based on a true return from line 749. ;)

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvGameInterface", line 185, in AI_unitUpdate

File "CvGameUtils", line 309, in AI_unitUpdate

File "Inquisition", line 752, in doInquisitorCore_AI

NameError: global name 'self' is not defined
ERR: Python function AI_unitUpdate failed, module CvGameInterface

I don't mean to be a PITA, but I run into these errors during AutoAI games, where I put the game on cruise control for 500 turns. I just got this one below, which I haven't seen before either. :confused:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvEventInterface", line 30, in onEvent

File "BugEventManager", line 298, in handleEvent

File "BugEventManager", line 303, in _dispatchEvent

File "BugEventManager", line 315, in _handleDefaultEvent

File "CvEventManager", line 485, in onBeginPlayerTurn

File "Inquisition", line 868, in doFreeTempleAllCities

File "Inquisition", line 878, in doFreeTempleinCity

ArgumentError: Python argument types in
    CyGlobalContext.getInfoTypeForString(CyGlobalContext, int)
did not match C++ signature:
    getInfoTypeForString(class CyGlobalContext {lvalue}, char const *)
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

I believe you still have an "Inqi" in 201A, line 749. This might be why you don't get the python error below, since the 'self' error is in line 752 and is based on a true return from line 749. ;)

Gee, I thought I got all of those.

I don't mean to be a PITA, but I run into these errors during AutoAI games, where I put the game on cruise control for 500 turns. I just got this one below, which I haven't seen before either. :confused:

Problems fixed. Please replace ver 2.01A Inquisition.py file with this one:

Attachments

• Inquisition.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 123
Well, I just don't understand. I still have the self.-error. Is is because I run my games on AutoAI?

Well, I just don't understand. I still have the self.-error. Is is because I run my games on AutoAI?

I have AutoAI and have not been able to duplicate the self error. Meanwhile, much work has been done on improving several functions that can be used in RevDCM. This weekend I will look at trying to duplicate the error again.

Sincerely,

Can you guys PLEASE help me out here, i have tried now over 18 times to get this to work correctly, and more than a week.:(

I think i had it then i tried the inqusitor and it deleted both the holy city and the non-religious icon??

Can you'll see what the heck i have wrong, i need everything else that is there, PLEASE!!:blush:

There might be more wrong, that why i am sending all i can for now.

Can you guys PLEASE help me out here, i have tried now over 18 times to get this to work correctly, and more than a week.:(

I think i had it then i tried the inqusitor and it deleted both the holy city and the non-religious icon??

Can you'll see what the heck i have wrong, i need everything else that is there, PLEASE!!:blush:

There might be more wrong, that why i am sending all i can for now.

If you have the default set to allow the Inquisitor to remove Holy Cities, it will do it! Please check the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file.

I have been working very hard on RevDCM and making a multitude of changes to this mod. For example, the Inquisitor will be decentralized. Like the Missionary, there will be a separate inquisitor unit for each religion. The fixes for any errors you encountered will all be included. I hope to have the new version completed by the end of this week. Don't hold me to that, as testing might take longer than expected.

Respectfully,

Oooh, excellent! I'm happy enough not to have to build a holy office, but perhaps it's necessary to ensure some level of balance. The Malleus Mallificareum has a very short lifespan - by the time I have got around to building it, it's nearly obsolete!

What I would not like to see is the Intolerant civic from RoM2 making an appearance. I like my Organised Religious/Theocratic inquisitors, thank you very much :D If you're adding RevDCM to the mod (unless I misunderstand you), are you also adding in BUG options?

Finally, I tried using Winmerge and it kept spitting up machine code (or close to it), so I didn't understand anything that was going on. I was able to self-merge most of the two mods (Inquisition 2.01A & Stone Age 2.32), but I haven't a clue about the Python files :(

Oooh, excellent! I'm happy enough not to have to build a holy office, but perhaps it's necessary to ensure some level of balance. The Malleus Mallificareum has a very short lifespan - by the time I have got around to building it, it's nearly obsolete!

I believe the Holy Office is required to retain financial balance. Rest assured, it will still be in this new version in some shape or form.

What I would not like to see is the Intolerant civic from RoM2 making an appearance. I like my Organised Religious/Theocratic inquisitors, thank you very much :D If you're adding RevDCM to the mod (unless I misunderstand you), are you also adding in BUG options?

2. Limiting the Inquisitor to only a Theocracy is historically incorrect. Organized and Theocratic inquisitors will remain.

Finally, I tried using Winmerge and it kept spitting up machine code (or close to it), so I didn't understand anything that was going on. I was able to self-merge most of the two mods (Inquisition 2.01A & Stone Age 2.32), but I haven't a clue about the Python files :(

3. The next version will have even more functions transferred into the Inquisition.py file. As stated before, the goal is to limit the amount of merge work that is required. Until there is a way to modularize all of the python, there will always remain a few lines to merge.

Sincerely,

OK here is what happened now with the new inquis file you made:

I get an error each and everytime a city is to be built, the inquis does nothing now?

see attached pics?

I need help, now not later,thx No offense.:rolleyes:

OK here is what happened now with the new inquis file you made:

I get an error each and everytime a city is to be built, the inquis does nothing now?

see attached pics?

I need help, now not later,thx No offense.:rolleyes:

Gee! In a bit of a rush are we? I have to go to work right now, but I promise to look at it tonight.

Respectfully,

Gee! In a bit of a rush are we? I have to go to work right now, but I promise to look at it tonight.

Repectfully,

Yeah, thats ok, i was at that time, sorry, i was working on three mods at the same time and was just trying to keep things straight in my head is all, no biggy, and thx at least for answering, i do get impatient sometimes(well alot).:mischief:

I ended up adding stuff in the wrong mod anyways, LOL:blush::p

I changed some of my python around, just for info, also.

Orion, are you going to incorporate 3.19 into your new version of the mod?

Orion, are you going to incorporate 3.19 into your new version of the mod?

I was nearly finished with the new version for 3.17, as I was on my last function. Now, I'm going to be busy working this mod all day... So, the answer is yes.

Top Bottom