[GS] Orszaghaz wonder gif

What a weird and surprising wonder choice. It's certainly a pretty building, and took a lot of labor to make, but is it really a "wonder"? Surely we can expect Notre Dame is somewhat more worthy of that status, and it's not in the game yet.

I think they were looking for something in the Industrial era, related to Diplomacy, and tied to a new civ, and Orszaghaz was closest to the intersection of those priorities.
It would certainly be nice if each Civ got their own unique wonder in the game, but currently only some civs have that (like Brazil and the Aztecs), and others not at all, despite having at least one worthy candidate (like the Koreans).

I think Orszaghaz makes sense gameplay wise, but I do not quite think it's worthy of being called a wonder.

How do you pronounce that name? Or-sag-gaz?
It's Or-Sag-Haz (hard h like in house - actually haz means house). Actually, it's quite strange that they went with this name as the building is generally referred to as 'Parlament' in Hungary. Orszaghaz translates to 'State House', which sounds dull in English, but looks somewhat exotic in Hungarian.

By the way, I tend to agree with other users pointing out the weak points of this wonder - while it is certainly the most important building in Hungary, I would hardly consider it interesting in a worldwide comparison. Just a note for fairness: Orszaghaz - along with most of central Budapest - is an Unesco World Heritage site as well.

This is the first civ VI wonder that really surprises. Great addition! I like the building itself very much, but I agree that it falls a bit short of a *world* wonder. It is iconic and, at least to anyone that has ever seen a picture of Budapest or has been there, renowned. However, that is true for quite more of the wonders in the civ series, and the Orzághás is certainly a better choice than Machu Picchu and the Great Baths combined (although these two weren't completely unexpected).

The reshaping is also funny for this one. I don't know much about the hungarian parliament routine, but I regard the Council of Austria-Hungary as one of the most remarkable (and certainly the most *funny*) assemblies the world ever had. Everything that reminds of this parliament's routine is automatically worthy of inclusion.

Last edited:
It's very pretty, but I'm not sure it's the wonder I would have chosen. They could have justifiably given the exact same bonus to Versailles...

It's very pretty, but I'm not sure it's the wonder I would have chosen. They could have justifiably given the exact same bonus to Versailles...
But Versailles on one hex? You would need show the main building and at least the beginning of the park. Wouldn't look that cool imho.

But Versailles on one hex? You would need show the main building and at least the beginning of the park. Wouldn't look that cool imho.
First multiple hex world wonder (you're Theatre Squares will love it...)? But I mean the palace itself is gorgeous. (TBH I'm more interested in MOAR CATHEDRALS, but I'm just saying that Versailles is one option that would have made more sense with the same or similar bonus.)

Do we know what it does gameplay-wise? Ah, was I blind or did the OP get edited?

I added the detail summary a few moments after I posted the thread. You responded seconds after I first posted it, but there was a link with all the details there.

Top Bottom