Osama Bin Laden killed near Islamabad by US Forces

Its a little more complex.

Reflect on the longest war in US history and 19,000 dead, thousands more wounded. Reflect on bin Laden being dismissed as already dead or just a figurehead as early as 2002.

At least he finally gets to have his virgins.

At first congratulations to America for finally getting its long desired revenge.

However secondly, while I am aware that such reactions are to be expected and only human - I still feel the need to state that I find it distasteful to euphorically celebrate the death of any human being.

Guilt-riddled Germans being uptight!

I hope we killed all of his family members brutally too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4555430.stm

Ya sure?

I dont think we bombed Islamabad, that sounds overtly destructive.

Reports I'm hearing say we bombed a mansion outside Islamabad a week ago where he was.

Actually now I'm seeing, as I type this reply, that it was a covert ground operation, not a predator drone. It's saying that in the ticker below.

Other forums are moving way too fast.

My initial reaction was cynical

Followed by

Bin Laden's death is epochal and personal to me.

I still recall buying Civ3 a month after 9/11; the gloom the hang in the air during that time and how I sort of channeled all that anxiety into endless hours of Civ games.

killed by joint special operation command forces according to http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-bin-laden-killed/story?id=13505703

I admit as jaded as I am towards this kind of thing, I am a bit excited. Even though it makes no difference in our current standing in the world, it's nice to have a little bit of happiness.

Of course he could turn into a martyr (he pretty much already was one) and terrorism could get worse. We shall see.

I hope we killed all of his family members brutally too.

Yep, because everyone he is related to and especiall all of his 20 children (many of whom are barely adults if not still teenagers) are equally responsible for everything he's done.

I also think the guy who got the killing shot should get laid by the hottest woman in the U.S.A. It's the least we can do for the man. :)

I'm guessing that Osama Bin Laden probably shouldn't have put his address onto PSN.

actually we found him because he was using gmail. :lol:

God, Obama, stop waxing poetic. I think everyone knows what 9/11 was like.

Okay, President Obama, we know what happened on 9/11. Shut up. Tell us about the NEWS please.

I can't help but feel that he has been hidden in Islamabad by elements of the ISI for years.

If this is what happened, the organization needs to be purged.

Okay, President Obama, we know what happened on 9/11. Shut up. Tell us about the NEWS please.

He already told us the news, now he's justifying and giving background to the last 8 years of Bush Jr bungling like the big diversion of Iraq.

There must have been similar practices in neanderthal times vs opposing tribe chieftain kills.

Neanderthalls didn't fight each other and no one knows if they had chieftens. They were probably more civilized than many homo sapiens have been.

He really should've opened up with "Osama bin Laden is dead," because that's the only part of the speech that anyone is going to hear.

Top Bottom