PAE V Patch 4

Just thought I'd mention that I've started working on those name maps again, so you aren't left completely in the dark.

Wow thx! pls tell me the szenario map, so I can seperate that from other helpers in the german forum.

hm... if you do it on a large map, the smaller ones could be easier updated then... ;)

Yes you're right I should have thought of that earlier. I'm working on 'Europe Large' atm, and planned on moving to the 'Europe XL 40 civs and cities' map afterwards.

This attached list should hopefully work for both "Europe Large", and also for "L5000BC 18 CIVs+Barbs" which has slightly different terrain, and more possible city locations. There is no Atlantis :)

I'm prioritizing deciding names before I convert anything into TEXT_KEYs. So I've started filling in the XL 40 cvis map now.
Oh yeah and plz find attached annotated worldbuilder file.

Attachments

• Cities_Europe_Large.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Names large europe final.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    738.2 KB · Views: 136
yeah, this looks good. ok, about the TXT_KEYs. do it at last.

a marked WB file is a good idea. good idea to do it for the XL map ;)

I'm actually working on a huge Europe/Middle East/North Africa Map especially for PAE!
Übersicht.jpg

Feel free looking forward to it... probably out together with the upcoming, brand new PAE VI
Have a further look at civforum.de if you want (I'm not allowed to post the link here cuz they say it's spam ;o)

I'm actually working on a huge Europe/Middle East/North Africa Map especially for PAE!
View attachment 516541

Feel free looking forward to it... probably out together with the upcoming, brand new PAE VI
Have a further look at civforum.de if you want (I'm not allowed to post the link here cuz they say it's spam ;o)

Hello, I've been following this, and I'm looking forward to playing it, though I have doubts about my computer getting very far with it. It's really too late to suggest this, but all maps seem to be based on mercator projections which give a false sense of size and scale, though they are the ones we are all familiar with. Although it would look odd, making a map to the real scale of countries might save a lot of space up in the north. My other observation is that Greece is too small in relation to Crete or vice versa. While Greece seems to be roughly to scale in relation to the rest of the Med, it seems too small for gameplay purposes. I don't suggest it at this late stage but if countries to the north were reduced in size, maybe the orientation changed a bit, it might be possible to make Greece a bit bigger. Just a theory.

Good luck anyway. I know how time consuming it is to make one of these maps. I will definitely play it.

@Antigenese2

Thx m8
It's time consuming but also a lot of fun!

So mercator did the basis for all those maps? Greets to him ;)
But I was really desperate for a really new map in real size...

There are discussions about "Greece is too small" or "Sardinia is too big compared to Sicily"...

But I will build this up on a real scale!

best,
brettschmitt

p.s.: yeah it's probably quite late to do somethin in Civi4... but I really came back to it now...... Forget one unit per tile -> bull**it ;)

Last edited:
By the way...

The Greek will expand enough... Believe me!
First because there is only one Greek (no Athen, Sparta, and what not)

And Second:
I will fix the importance of regions by setting the Recources quite rare. So Greece will have plenty, while the regions in the North and elsewhere will only have very few.
And together with a little bit of Iceage...

It will need testing but I'm hoping the best ;)
Übersicht.jpg

best,
brettschmitt

Last edited:
By the way...

The Greek will expand enough... Believe me!
First because there is only one Greek (no Athen, Sparta, and what not)

And Second:
I will fix the importance of regions by setting the Recources quite rare. So Greece will have plenty, while the regions in the North and elsewhere will only have very few.
And together with a little bit of Iceage...

It will need testing but I'm hoping the best ;)
View attachment 517171

best,
brettschmitt

Are your civs now fixed or is there room for another one? I ask because I think it would be good to add another tribe to Britain. There is plenty of room there and the Britons have no-one to fight, which can make it a bit boring to play them.

The Civs are fixed for now and I'm starting the first tests...
But I'm quite sure there will be lots of changes needed, until it makes all sence with Recources, Rivers etc.

When this scnenario runs, I'm probably open to redesign it for more random play...
After a little break then, tbh

Wanna play PAE VI myself for a couple of games. Not seen one bit yet ;)

And you are free to download the WB save in the thread at civforum.de... and design it yourself as you like...
There's no copyright or anything :egypt:

Last edited:
Maybe, but I'm not expecting to be able to get far into the map. But if turn times are faster I have some hope.

turns seem to be be really fast, compared to other mods.

tbh, I can't prove that myself...cuz of a very modern PC, runs like Ben Johnson anyway ;)
But Pie runs it on an oldschool laptop (10+ years or so) and even this map seems to work so far...

You can download the new version at civforum. With all correct starting positions now

I have an 8 year old i5 so my PC is getting long in the tooth. I'll get PAE VI and have a look at your map.

Top Bottom