PAE V Patch 4

pie_at

PAE-Let's play Ancient
PAE V Patch 4
PAEV_Patch4.jpg

The official Patch 4 for PAE is available now!

PAE V Patch 4
(10.03.2018)​

-) 93.8 mb rar-packed (about 223 mb unpacked)
-) Please delete the PAEV/PublicMaps folder (and if exists: PAEV/PrivateMaps) before installing/replacing those files

The fourth patch of PAE changes some more BTS elements again and will cause very new gaming experiences. Besides of all changes of Patch 3 there is a new trading system in buying and selling regional goods, the cultivation of grain and livestock and the new hierarchy promotions of Roman legionaries. Experience a historical more accurate tech tree than in patch 3 (early start, mounted warfare, late antiquity). For PAE newcomers there are additional info buttons and visual aids in various units, where special functions are explained and handling is made easy without prior knowledge. The late antiquity is currently at work (for patch 5), but I don't want to let you wait any longer. Stay tuned and have fun!

Last edited:
PAE V Patch 4

Latest and even unique features currently available in PAE only:

A) Trading system:

1) Buy goods in one of your cities (only regional resources available) and sell them in a city of your neighbor civ. Maximize revenue by selling goods that your trading partner does not have, as well as more far away from your trading city. And vice versa. Purchase items you do not own, sell them in one of your cities and profit some turns from this new resource (for example, use bronze to build units without the need of a bronze forge).

2) Take profitable but time-dependent special orders from foreign cities. If you are able to complete a special order in a certain time, you will also receive special goods (gold carts, special units). These orders are not tailor-made for you. So it may be that a distant city needs a good that has not been exploit by you.

B) Distribution

Use your grain wagon to spread cultivable goods (eg cereals and cattle) or to relocate them. Depending on the city status, you may have a certain amount of spreadable bonus items in the city radius.

C) Promotion system

Experience how your legionary gets promoted from a simple soldier, the Munifex, to an optio, centurion, tribune, and legate. This unprecedented feature gives you an insight into the hierarchy of the Roman army. For infantry and cavalry soldiers, as well as for the late Roman soldier classes. In future patches - if this is well accepted by you players - it will also available for Greeks, Macedonians, Egyptians and Assyrians.

D) Opencast mining on hill

Without any ore or precious metal: no mine. At first, only open-cast mining is used at hills, where, perhaps, in the course of time, the ores comes to light. Therefore, mining is only possible on hills with ore or gems. So do not be afraid if you have hardly any strategic resources in your borders, or you do not have an ore for brass or bronze. With some quarries there is definitely something available soon.

XML:
-) Revision and extension of the tech tree
-) New age: Late antiquity (including techs, buildings, units)
-) Workers now available without agriculture (branch of research for nomad civs)
-) First form of espionage from alphabet to code of laws
-) Update Leader Leonidas
-) Coast +1 commerce
-) Updates in wonders (Luxor: Holy City of the Egyptians, Horus temple only with Egyptian religion).
-) Saline and brewery bring no more resource, but local health. For tavern brewery required.
-) Bonus resource: beer is gone. (there are too many happiness bonuses in the game, sorry)
-) Trade posts without silk road buildable. Merchants can be built with trade posts.
-) Building of the emigration unit disabled (in cities; settlers can disband cities too which inits an emigrant)
-) TXT_KEY_MISC_WINS_VICTORY blank, so that at the end of a victory or a defeat the white text no longer covers the main interface.
-) Trait Maritim: 1 trade route on coastial cities, instead of +1 commerce on coasts
-) Arquites -> Arquites Legionis changed to Sagittarius -> Arquites
-) Swamp is now a terrain (like grass land) and no plot feature (eg forest) anymore
-) mercenary guilds and units (building + bonus) are sling out
-) Propagation rate of Christianity halved
-) Golden age extended
-) Cities can be found on jungle again
-) Reduced costs for ranged attack. Skirmishers cheaper.
-) Onager = Catapult (Romans)
-) Galley gone
-) glassware now +1 happiness and are considered as rarities (new trade feature)
-) Construction time on swamps increased (workers)
-) Rom. and pers. workers gone, because when you press build automatic route in late antiquity, they build special roads only. Construction of roads enabled for legionaries and immortals only
-) Mines on empty hills no longer buildable -> only quarries -> can pop up ores -> upgrade on mine possible then
-) Gamespeed: iGrowth and iResearch changed
-) Cult costs reduced
-) Small adjustments to the music (besides, there are 28 additional pieces of music adapted to certain eras in PAE)

Python:
-) Bugfix: fixed problem when deflecting a vassal to the conquerors also concluded peace with the barbarians.
-) Update of research requirements in Util (AI)
-) Update amount of Huns in RandomEventInterface
-) AI settler inits in certain techs from emperor (difficulty level) on
-) Bugfix: Arise of Huns on peaks
-) Bugfix: vassal feature
-) Death of General unit revised.
-) Revision of stadtholder feature: Can now only be used if happycap <= 0.
-) City conquest under pop 3: no tech gain, no refugees, no gold cart (otherwise exploit)
-) Revision of the AI emigrant
-) mercenary purchase: Units immobile some turns
-) capitulation (vassal feature) deactivated on AI-AI
-) No General unit with elite archer or skirmisher
-) Restructuring and optimization of Pedia
-) Slaves can now accelerate latifundia (Roman improvement)
-) Units get +1 XP with the Tech Warrior ethos (Aggr Leader and Conqueror +2 XP)
-) War weariness only from elite status on (before: veteran status)
-) Large Pedia update (separation: buildings-special buildings-wonders-national wonders, units-special units)
-) Reworking of some Pedia sheets (units, techs, civs, leaders)
-) Barbarian forts instead of barbarian cities
-) Emigration also in times of anarchy, lack of state religion and due to high taxes
-) Interface: Promotions integrated into the unit's screen (bottom left)
-) Interface: Foldable taxes (top left)
-) Interface: city bonuses fitted into scrollable panels
-) Interface: slaves / gladiator bar now includes the possible amount of spreadable goods due to the city status

XML and Python:
-) New Feature: Military Ranking System (Roman legionnaires, Celts / Germanic- Tribal Chiefs and Huns-> Khagan)
-) Buuilding of emigrants are disabled, because it harms the AI. But the chance to get one has been increased when a city is unhappy or unhealthy
-) Settlers can now disband cities (pop < 3)
-) New trade feature: cities attract with special orders
-) Revision of the cultivation feature (depending on city status)

:D ... a problem occured with the patch and a holiday trip interupted modding...
but I am back again this week and yes: now it's very soon ;) shall I upload the latest Beta version of patch 4 here?

Done. See first posting. THIS IS A BETA! So I hope everything works. If not, PLEASE tell me here.

Things that are going to be changed are pedia and strategy texts.

All other stuff should work.

Give me feedback please!

A bit of weirdness, I am running Theology which says no non-state religion spread but other religions keep spreading to my cities and causing riots.

mourn: try to install again! and perhaps download again first.

hoskuld: is it christianity? they are allowed to do so (without missionaries).

Yes it was the Christians. So what is the point of that civic then? I had changed to it because the Christians were destroying my cities with their riots.

The Huns attack wiped out 4-5 nations. I had about 30 units of their heading my way and another 30 were heading West towards other nations. They were more advanced than I was so I would have gone the way of the other nations if the game had not ended at 3hrs of play.

By the way is there any way to turn off the "field of view" and "max/min" buttons on the sliders (science etc.)? I really hate those things. :)

edit As the Egyptians I was not able to build the Pyramids by 2500 BC. I did not get the tech needed until around 300 AD when I did get to build them. This is my base test for a mods time line, ant this one fails :lol: I was playing the first scenario.

edit2 Playing Rise of Egypt now and it wont let me build a mine on tin even though I have the money and have built a mine on the copper next to it. Dang it wont let me load a picture. Dyslexia strikes again.

Last edited:
uh

my bad

sorry about that.
It works great :king:

Yes it was the Christians. So what is the point of that civic then? I had changed to it because the Christians were destroying my cities with their riots.
Yes, that's the late antiquity. The multi gods worship gets slowly replaced by the christian worship. My mod plays 90% in Europe, so this is an evolutionary step. But I think, it works only with settled slaves. And hindus and jews are excluded. but...this feature is currently at work and I will change lot of things with the Christians. (as you can see in the late tech tree)

The Huns attack wiped out 4-5 nations. I had about 30 units of their heading my way and another 30 were heading West towards other nations. They were more advanced than I was so I would have gone the way of the other nations if the game had not ended at 3hrs of play.
Oh, ok, I will have a look to undermine them..

By the way is there any way to turn off the "field of view" and "max/min" buttons on the sliders (science etc.)? I really hate those things. :)
Ah, I forgot to implement that this can be a player's option. I'll do it next. You can disable it in changing the Python/Screens/MainInterface.py the line: bFieldOfView = True to bFieldOfView = False. Just in the first few lines of the file.

Max/min Buttons? You mean the +/- Buttons? You can click on the new button above [x% :science: ]. So you can hide/show that tax view on the top left of the main interface.

edit As the Egyptians I was not able to build the Pyramids by 2500 BC. I did not get the tech needed until around 300 AD when I did get to build them. This is my base test for a mods time line, ant this one fails :lol: I was playing the first scenario.
I will have a look. sounds weird.

I played the Rise of Egypt scenario and was able to build the Pyramids by 2000 BC so I am happy again ;)
This should be the standard ;)

A new version is available: Patch 4.12 (download link see first posting)

Field of View has now a checkbox in the game option settings. AI cultivation works now again.

One thing that has always bugged me about PAE is workboats! They are expensive, then you need more money to build the improvement and the workboat is gone. Compared to workers, which can be used over and over, they are extremely expensive!

What I do is change the cost of the fishing style improvements to zero.

That's true. I will decrease the costs by half. 4? By zero would be too easy. (making waterproof boats, fishing nets,..)

That's true. I will decrease the costs by half. 4? By zero would be too easy. (making waterproof boats, fishing nets,..)
That does not get over the fact that workers get to improve many tiles but workboats only get to improve one. It makes sense that they only get to make one improvement but why do you have to pay twice for it?

Another option is to increase the cost of the workboat and have no cost on the improvement.

Sorry, I just find this one thing unrealistic is all.

Yes you're right. I did this with the trading post too. The unit gets killed, so the unit is the cost. I will change the costs of fishing boats to zero.

Top Bottom