1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PAE VI

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Ancient Europe' started by pie_at, Dec 28, 2018.

1. pie_at

pie_at PAE-Let's play ancient :)

Manarch likes this.
  2. brettschmitt

brettschmitt Chieftain

At the Eurasia XL map it doesn't matter what speed you choose. It has an own speed (which ends after 1325 turns). It may still need some finetuning, though.

3. Manarch

Manarch Chieftain

Hie Pie!

Pae VI has now a topic on civfr/forum. A good part of its presentation comes from various topics here.
    Don't be misled by the low number of posts on civfr, it's a forum transfer from a previous community. Most of the activities are on discord where multies are frequently taking place, and I have good hopes the community is quite dynamic. Although mainly on civ6 understandably.

A question now out of curiosity: I only make a profit up to 45:gold: when selling animals in foreign cities. is it capped? (probably a good thing)

Also a small mis-addressing in diplomacy screen
    Spoiler :

I used to get Papyrus reeds by trade and build papyrus export posts in my cities. Is this no longer doable?

Edit: Almost forgot, I want to share a diagram I made to help organise my army when I play persians. It predates the rearrangement of the pedia page about ranks and isn't absolutely exhaustive

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  4. pie_at

pie_at PAE-Let's play ancient :)

amazing article Manarch! Wonderful! After reading this in french first, I just wanted to answer: il n'a pas.... it's great I can understand 80% :D
    So to my question that starts with "il n'y a pas..": Isn't there a sub forum for mods in that forum? Just a thread in general discussions? it looks like. Sad, but better than nothing! ;)

I've put the link on my watch list :thumbsup:

to your questions, concerning game play:

- selling animals: yes.

- wrong TXT-Key: thanx, I'll try to find out what's the original... otherwise the text has to be dropped

- papyrus post: yes, only buildable in cities with papyrus in their surroundings (similar to elephant farm and stables now). to prevent from selling papyrus from eg england.

- Diagram: oh ok, question: is the diagram from the pedia or from game play? but I will have a look again.... it's almost an own project to view over all rankings and check the ranking system in PAE :scan: ... very time consuming... :lol::crazyeye:

5. Manarch

Manarch Chieftain

Thank you, you're welcome, I hope its narrative style will be appealing to future players. That's why I copy pasted part of civfanatics articles, to also have a bullet-points description.
    You may have noticed a couple of not quite exactly accurate statements, to what I would respond, "It's Pae VI, it's large, it's complicated (in a good way), so let new players have more assets to discover."

I noticed the change in politics about elephant, but didn't think to apply the same reasoning to other ressources of the same type. :hammer2:
    But I enjoyed my lydian elephants and breton papyrus posts will it lasted.
    The new rules are nonetheless more to my taste, even if I only tested them on an engineered map.

The diagram was scribbled on a random piece of paper while I played, pre-concept page, to help me make sense of the strategy texts, and to let me know what I was getting into regarding movement points usw. when I promoted a unit. It's at first based on the pedia but I checked on actual units the transfer of military ranks/bonus strength before the 1.9 patch.
    I can confirm the bonus given by the ranks is transferred as described here, with Marzban promoted from foot soldiers having an edge other pure cavalry.

Unlike the Skirmish (What's this name in french why is it the word already used for 36 units I should change it to escarmouche ou harcèlement ou...) promotion that I tried in vain to pass from Immortal to cavalry, in order to have a ridiculous probability of withdrawing => it doesn't work.
    While I'm at it, the active battle formation is also kept when promoting a unit, and it can no longer be cancelable. For ex. I had an Azadan stuck with Shield Wall, although it's not necessarily a bad thing.
    Close topic, what works is keeping the war cry promotion from Battle axe warrior to Shieldbearer:D

Anyway I only posted it thinking that it might help other players who haven't yet a clear overview of those particular ranks. I'm not specially planing anything further. And the ranking system is working perfectly as far as I know (just next door).

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  6. brettschmitt

brettschmitt Chieftain

I have to take this back... the SpeedInfo is not implemented correctly.
    Will be fixed with the next patch.

7. mikmac

mikmac Chieftain

@brettschmitt: In my latest game (latest patch) christianity started acting up about 68bce. Is this a gamespeed issue?
    Also, still a great map!

8. brettschmitt

brettschmitt Chieftain

yes, gamespeed in EurasiaXL is a bit messed up atm... will be corrected at the next PAE patch.

But since Christianity is not scripted anymore, it will probably never start exactly at the right time, anyway.
    Might be far earlier or later, depending on the chosen difficulty level and ingame development of the civs...