Panet Busters that Ain't

PPQ_Purple

Purple Cube
I have just built a planet buster.
I sent it on its way.
It flew into an evil city.
And there it turned out to be LAME.

If you have not guessed it by the title, or the short poem I will make my question clear once more. Why did you make planet busters work like regular nukes? :mad:

Edit: Also, I am working on a fix for that for my gaming fun. If anyone is interested I will provide it.:lol:

Edit 2: Done, it works with everything except one thing. Howertanks in a city don't get destroyed. No idea why. OH YEA THEY DO NOW!!!

Since interest exists, uploading:

To instal:
Just unzip the file into your: Planetfall v12\Assets\Python folder. It overwrites the original CvEventManager.py with a modified one.

WARNING:
The planet busters will destroy unique features and resources. This is intentional.
Use them at your own risk. You have been warned.

Screanshots and test save:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8874596&postcount=15

Attachments

• CvEventManager.zip
    9 KB · Views: 227
Ok, so at least you got to build a PB. I still don't have one available in my

que. Not even grayed out. I can't get anybody to offer a fix for this, but,

then you tell me it doesn't do the damage as in SMAC/X?

What a waste. If I have to stop relentless harassment (as in every faction at war with me at once) and the only thing

that will do it is devastating a city to ash, so be it. That is part of game play as I see it.

Also, to clear things up. I posted here to complain, than I just went with it and did my own version to make things work like I wan't.

So, from this point on it does not matter. The thread has lost it's purpose.

Althou if anyone is interested, I guess you can consider my work your first official mod-mod. xD

@PPQ, yeah I'd be interested. I want the power that the original PBs unleashed, so I'll pm ya or leave a note in your in box.

@Maniac, yes I read that post. I have had all required techs/resources and council resolutions in my favor for over a hundred turns. Still no PB.
When I post a need for help, it usually indicates I've gone through searches and read threads to get an answer, but I am still stuck. If I find a correction on my own I generally try to edit my last post with a [NB] that signifies this.
So far nobody has an answer for this, much like the one (see post 231 on feedback thread) I posed and then PF found with the natives taking over cities.
If there is a problem in a game, believe me I'll find it. I have almost a 100 hrs logged playing PF at the moment just because I like it. (Oh yeah just recalled, cannot build Space Elevator, either!)
I just want stuff to play out like it was meant to be done.

I thought the Space Elevator has to have a certain latitude (I can routinely build it).

So far nobody has an answer for this

Please provide a save showing the problem. Otherwise it's just a guessing game.

much like the one (see post 231 on feedback thread) I posed and then PF found with the natives taking over cities.

That has been fixed for the next patch.

Also, to clear things up. I posted here to complain, than I just went with it and did my own version to make things work like I wan't.

So, from this point on it does not matter. The thread has lost it's purpose.

Althou if anyone is interested, I guess you can consider my work your first official mod-mod. xD

Post it already. :goodjob:

WarKirby and Monaldinio (spelling?) have also mentioned modmodding Planetfall. But until something is published, the title of first Planetfall modmod is still up for grabs.

File edited into the first post.

Newer thought it would go this far.

--------
Name, that I am still working on.
But here are a few ideas:
1. Include an ICBM unit that is the "Arcane ICBM" and works normal to provide an alternative to the PB.

And my ideas for the name include, but are not limited to:
- The Little Planet Buster That Could.
- Planet Busters that Ain't . Except these are!
- Heavy Handed Terraforming

So yea... still working on that part.

All input and testing is welcome.

Nice!:D

(Will be interesting to see how the AI uses it. BTW, just call it Planetbuster modcomp.) ;)

WARNING:
The planet busters will destroy unique features and resources. This is intentional.
Use them at your own risk. You have been warned.

How about attaching a few screenshots on how things look before and after detonation of one of your planet busters (unique feature disappearance included)?

How about attaching a few screenshots on how things look before and after detonation of one of your planet busters (unique feature disappearance included)?

Doing that now...
Attaching the images to this, will than link them into the first post.
Also, I have included a test save game that I made when testing this. Just for the sake of fun.

Also, the change is purely python so the AI will not diferentiate betwen the new Ultimate Planet Destroyers as it would your regular CIV ICBMs. :eek:

Attachments

• Sea_Before.jpg
    Sea_Before.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 815
  • Sea_After.jpg
    Sea_After.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 731
  • Unique_Before.jpg
    Unique_Before.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 838
  • Unique_After.jpg
    Unique_After.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 797
  • Load'em and wheep.CivBeyondSwordSave
    16.6 KB · Views: 209
I don't like pandas.

You got to allow a ICBM interception national wonder...that's just sick. :crazyeye:

Ever heard of MAD?

Strike first or don't strike at all.

Althou in retrospect something like that is probably a must. Does the mod not already have something similar?

Um, it's called a Tachyon Field, but it only provides 50% less damage from nukes. I.e. 50% x 0 (planet busting) is still 0. We need something that allows nukes to be intercepted before they hit.

Top Bottom