Parlez-Vous Francais

Zoke0

Dangerous Hobo
This joke is one the first joke I've posted here and my very own joke, at least as far as I know, so here it goes.

There are these two American college students who travel to France to meet some French girls. While walking the streets of Paris they run into these two girls, they start talking to them in english, but the girls don't know english so the two girls say to the guys "Parlez-vous Francais," but the guys don't know French, so they run and try to find someone who does. They meet this one guy who speaks english and he tells them about this guy who can speak any language on earth. The guy also tells them were he lives. So the two guys go looking for this man who speaks all laguages. Finally they find the person they think is him and ask him "Are you the man who can speak any laguage?" The man says "Yes, I can speak any laguage that is and ever was, except Greek." The guys talk for a while asking each other questions like "Do they speak Greek in France," and "What's for dinner?" When finnally they come to the conclusion that what the two girls said to them is not greek. Then guys tell the man "It's not Greek should you should know it, it's 'Parlez-Vous Francais'" The man thinks long and hard about it as the two guys whatch waiting, when the man finally says "I'm sorry, that's Greek tome."

Well that's my joke. How'd you like it?

A quite snigger is all that it is worth ..... and oh a smiley as well:)

note: Must stop dangerous trend of spamming:spam:

Originally posted by JMK
Je n'ai rien compris!
Parlez-vous français?

La personne qui connait supposement toutes les langues en fait n'en connait aucune, car pour lui, tout est du "grec".

It should read Greek to me.

Anyway, the joke is fine:) , maybe you could shorten the build-up a little. Just my 2 cents

Yeah, I didn't take me long to think it up,but I decided to see what people thought. It was inspired by an old cartoon. I'm thinking about using it for more of a sketch than a joke.

I'm not suprised, the joke is still a little rough around the edges. Yet the punch line has nothing to do with the french language. Have you every heard the expression "It's Greek to me."? It's just a play on words.

I got it right off, but I suggest you shorten the build-up.

We do not so much detail as to why a translation is neaded. Perhalps a different one that requires less words to explain would be better.

It would be better as a sketch. You get a smilie :)
I was utterly confused till I read the rest of the thread a few times, you should edit it to:

"I'm sorry, that's Greek to me"

Note: there's a space in that version, I was wondering where a tome came into the joke ;)

Merci, et oui, Je parles francais.

Oh right, Greek to me. It says Greek tome so I was like... what? Thinking of some kind of Greek book... you know, tome.

Anyway, I'd give it 5/10. 5 being average.

Top Bottom