Patch 1.0.1.383 Now Available, with Cross-Platform

The AIs do seem to care more about the size of my military. Much more belligerent if I skimp in favor of city development early.

I like the concept of finishing bonuses for completing a set of social policies. I like trying to suss the new optimization for myself rather than resorting to the forums. A bit surprised that Liberty and Order are now mutually exclusive but it is all good.

Now, when I place my last unit on alert, move, or skip, the turn automatically trips to the AI. This didn't happen before the patch. I've looked in options, but all I see is an option to choose auto-turn. Anyone know if this is hard coded, or can I tweak this somewhere?

Works OK here. Are you saying you have "Single Player Autoturn" unchecked in options, and it's going straight to end of turn?

Thanks very much for finishing up the patch, Aspyr and Ryan. My beef has not been with you, but with 2K, so don't be thinking I don't appreciate your efforts. :D

Now, when I place my last unit on alert, move, or skip, the turn automatically trips to the AI. This didn't happen before the patch. I've looked in options, but all I see is an option to choose auto-turn. Anyone know if this is hard coded, or can I tweak this somewhere?

The behaviour I noticed is a bit more complicated:

Have some units currently executing orders (workers working, units moving, etc).

Press "next turn"

IF some of those units wake up for whatever reason (unit reaches destination/is blocked from advancing further yet still has movement points left, worked wakes up due to a nearby enemy, etc), the following happens with the new patch:

1 - unit gets focus and I can give it orders

2 - as soon as all units that were woken up are given orders, the turn finishes without waiting for me to press "end turn" again

3 - even though I can still give those units orders, I'm unable to select other units, give orders to other units, or even enter my cities to change stuff. The ONLY thing I'm allowed to do is give orders to the units that were woken up

What USED to happen:

1 - unit would wake up and would get selected

2 - if other units got woken up they would get selected too and I could give them orders

3 - I could do anything else I wanted, because the turn was not actually over so I could change stuff in cities, give new orders to other units, do diplomacy, etc...

4 - the game would wait for me to hit "next turn" before continuing

The AIs do seem to care more about the size of my military. Much more belligerent if I skimp in favor of city development early.

I like the concept of finishing bonuses for completing a set of social policies. I like trying to suss the new optimization for myself rather than resorting to the forums. A bit surprised that Liberty and Order are now mutually exclusive but it is all good.

Yes, that's definitely it. I've been struggling with multiple AIs DOW'ing me, bogging me down in annoying wars (and, shamefully, even a few backtrack moments where I reloaded to align my defensive forces more effectively), but I finally got peace when I got chivalry and promoted my cavalry to knights. Suddenly Hiawatha didn't want 300 gold and all my trade goods for peace and Genghis rolled over and offered me booty for peace.

I've also found that my priorities in social policies have changed. I've polished off Liberty and will probably finish up Tradition before going for Rationalism. Usually at this point I'd be cherry picking from those three along with Patronage and Freedom, but the incentive to finish off a branch before moving on is just too great. I expect my cities to be growing like weeds once I've filled up tradition.

Works OK here. Are you saying you have "Single Player Autoturn" unchecked in options, and it's going straight to end of turn?

Correct. SP auto-turn is unchecked. Odd thing, this isn't happening with workers. If I save a worker move, or the worker happens to be my last unit to move, the auto-turn does not trigger.

What USED to happen:

1 - unit would wake up and would get selected

2 - if other units got woken up they would get selected too and I could give them orders

3 - I could do anything else I wanted, because the turn was not actually over so I could change stuff in cities, give new orders to other units, do diplomacy, etc...

4 - the game would wait for me to hit "next turn" before continuing

This has been noted on the PC side as the most irritating thing about the most recent patches.

Thanks Ryan. Note to MAC MP players, you are welcome to join us in the Civplayers Steam Chat lobby. See the links in my sig, and come join us MP players, we have been waiting a year for this.

CS

Turning on the mods button in the MainMenu.lua and loading the game while a mod is present in the MODS folder will freeze the game if I enter the mod menu and click "install mods".... Too bad :(

For those who are playing with 320M or 330M graphics cards, is there any noticeable graphics performance improvement with new patch? (Can't test myself as i'm still waiting for app store version to update)

If you want to play any mods, don't forget that you will need to edit the .lua file again:

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilization v/assets/UI/FrontEnd/MainMenu.lua

Change line 35 to:

-- Controls.ModsButton:SetHide( true ); -- MAC_PORT - rickb Comment this line out to re-enable mods. Happy modding!

Alan, mine already says this, so I guess I had done it in the past. However, I didn't change it after I patched the game. See attachment.

Scratch that, I noticed my mistake.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 9.42.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 9.42.34 PM.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 69
OMG! YES! I bought the korea and wonders packs ages ago stupidly but now i can lay with them. Korea is so great and the new wonders are too. i love the new AI, it caught me totally off guard though and i lost my first game against it :(. overall a great job over there at Aspyr. THANKS GUYS!!!!!!

Downloaded this last night but I keep getting an error, saying that the Steam servers are too busy to handle my request...

Seems odd that this would still be the case at 7:30 on Sunday AM...

Something wrong?

**UPDATE**

Not sure if I actually downloaded this last night - I saw it downloading ~40MB of stuff but now Steam just says 'Download Started' in its Civ 5 status area...

I think I had trouble downloading it too. In my case it said it downloaded it, but then failed to update. I ended up deleting Civ5 and reinstalling - all 4 GBytes! I right clicked the Civ5 button in the Steam Store page, and selected "Delete Local Content". It then re-downloaded and seemed to be OK.

I think I had trouble downloading it too. In my case it said it downloaded it, but then failed to update. I ended up deleting Civ5 and reinstalling - all 4 GBytes! I right clicked the Civ5 button in the Steam Store page, and selected "Delete Local Content". It then re-downloaded and seemed to be OK.

I tried that, it took only a few seconds - too fast to really do anything?

If I try to select Play again, the same error happens... BTW, not sure if this adds anything but the error is preceded by an attempt to validate steam files, which completes 100% before the error I mentioned pops up in another window...

The delete only took seconds for me. The re-install took a couple of hours, though. It doesn't sound as if you actually deleted or reinstalled anything.

I got the update, but the game will not open for me now. Should I just go ahead and reinstall it? What will this do to my achievements and hall of fame info, if anything?

The delete only took seconds for me. The re-install took a couple of hours, though. It doesn't sound as if you actually deleted or reinstalled anything.

Can you tell me how I'd delete the installation if this doesn't work?

Should I remove all steam-related stuff?

Top Bottom