1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch 1.0.1.558

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by fromar, Feb 17, 2012.

1. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Supporter GOTM Staff

Sorry Guys. It was worth a try.

I just opened Steam here in my WinXP virtual machine, and Windows Civ5 updated automatically with no problems. The Mac version has no update though, so presumably cross platform multiplayer games will be off the menu again.

2. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Could you open UITextures using Dragon unPACKer and search for the Natural Wonder icons, and tell me if there are new ones?

3. AlanH

The naturalwondersxxx.dds files contain nine images. Here's a screenshot of the highest res one.

Attached Files:

4. spider1

spider1 Chieftain

I'm not getting 558, nor am I getting the opening movie anymore. Is that the loading screen you guys are talking about? All I get is a black screen.

Also, where is this Library thing I could try right clicking on to verify files?

5. AlanH

I have skipIntroVideo set to 1 in my UserSettings.ini file, and previously I just got a black screen. Now I get a black screen with the Civ5 logo and a LOADING... message. If I change my .ini setting to 0, then I just get the same old intro video.

It doesn't seem to have helped others, but if you want to try ...

When you open Steam you have a window with a set of main tab headings across the top: STORE LIBRARY NEWS COMMUNITY. Select LIBRARY. You should have a list of your installed Steam titles. Right click Sid Meier's Civilization V to get a menu that includes Properties. Select that item and you get a window with five tabs. Select the LOCAL FILES tab. Click the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE... button.

6. spider1

spider1 Chieftain

thanks AlanH. I did the verify, and it found something it didn't like and updated it, but I'm still at 511. Oh well. There isn't any news about this on Steam, so I guess I'll just wait it out.

7. Pouakai

Ah, so no new icons as of yet, which makes me believe the new natural wonders (Along with Lake Titicaca and Mt. Everest) will be included with the "MP animations patch" coming alongside G&K.

8. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

9. fromar

fromar Chieftain

When my patch downloaded, it was 78MB.

10. The Mad Russian

The Mad Russian Armchair Dictator

nothing new here yet on the east coast of the U.S. I have hope now for israel as a civ if Mt. Sinai is a new landmark/natural wonder

-Mark

11. 2K Greg

2K Greg <span style="font-weight:bold; text-decoration: un

Hey guys,

Earlier today, a build of Civilization V that was meant for our QA department mistakenly got released as a patch for Civilization V. We have since rolled back the patch. Sorry about getting you all excited for a new patch, but this thing definitely needs more time in the oven before we release it. Those of you who did fire up the game during the accidental window should consider yourselves treated to a sneak peek of things to come ;)

12. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

Thanks for letting us know. Is there a way to "remove" the patch without re-downloading the game or re-installing from a backup?

13. 2K Greg

2K Greg <span style="font-weight:bold; text-decoration: un

The game should roll back to its previous version automatically, exactly the same as a patch is normally applied. Sometimes the patches don't go out to all users at the exact same time, and I believe restarting Steam should kick-start it in to making sure it's up to date.

Let me know if that seems to not be the case and I'll follow up.

14. Pouakai

Thanks Greg, guess that makes me feel somewhat better about not having the patch. Glad to hear about the new Natural Wonders though! :D

15. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

Everything seems to be as you said, so no issues here. I just didn't realise a patch would be rolled back so easily.

16. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

I got the patch yesterday (Feb. 17). It was still on my system today (Feb. 18). It was not rolled back after either restarting Steam or rebooting. I verified the game cache and was informed that 150 files had to be reacquired. After doing so, Civ5 wouldn't start when I launched it from my desktop shortcut. I went into Steam and tried to launch the game from there. Got a message similar to Finishing installation .... The game then started using the prior patch and also now launches from the desktop shortcut.

17. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

I also like the idea about there being something on the screen even if just the logo and "loading" rather than completely black for those of us who turned off the movie after we memorized it.

18. Starhemberg

Starhemberg Chieftain

Thank you for stealing my new loading screen :cry::mad:

:D

Back at .511 again :goodjob:

19. Mivo

Mivo Chieftain

I got the "completing installation...." window today too, and the game was successfully rolled back to 1.0.1.511. Darn, now I wish I had played the QA version more intensively last night. ;)

Ah, shame, the .558 save games are not compatible and crash .511. There goes my Inca game!

20. anandus

anandus Errorist

Did anybody who saw the patch notice anything different apart from the added options and the loading screen?