Patch 3.19 available

The bad news is it still demands that you mount DVD. Not quite compatible with the Windows 3.19 experience, then :(

The good news is that the Mac-changes I have submitted for the BUG Mod are still looking good, and BlueMarble still loads up OK. :)

The patch will not recognize my BtS app. I assume it's because I replaced the icon with a fan-made one. Got a fix, anyone, aside from doing a clean install?

I doubt if it's the icon. Maybe you changed the app folder name? That's what provoked mine, I think.

I just hit the button it suggested in the top right corner (can't remember its name, now) and navigated to the Civ4 application (NOT the BtS app). Then it all went swimmingly.

I doubt if it's the icon. Maybe you changed the app folder name? That's what provoked mine, I think.

I just hit the button it suggested in the top right corner (can't remember its name, now) and navigated to the Civ4 application (NOT the BtS app). Then it all went swimmingly.

Ah, Civ4 app. Going now.

Installation worked - thanks, AlanH, for the hint with changing the path!

BUT: I tried to open a PC-save from our DG, and BtS just closed down :cry: (btw, I had to put the save into the pbem-folder).

Any ideas?

Any ideas?
Can't help, unless you want to post the save, or a link to it, here and let me have a look at it.

ok, this evening I will try to open a single player PC-Save on the mac, and then we'll see

edit: Mac -> PC works fine for me

That flummoxed me for a moment. They don't make it obvious, do they?

(The button is labelled 'Other...', btw.)

I will try Chiyu's "Extra" 3.19 :goodjob:

I recommend this mod...

The good news is that the Mac-changes I have submitted for the BUG Mod are still looking good, and BlueMarble still loads up OK. :)

Just to clarify, you mean that the current BUFFY Mod for BtS 3.19 works fine with this new Mac 3.19 patch as of this moment? (Just suffering from a bout of past perfect vs. past progressive tense uncertainty).

BUFFY is different from BUG; BUFFY uses a .dll file which can't be used on a Mac. AlanH did make some changes to the BUG mod to make it work on a Mac, and it seems he submitted the changes to be included in BUG's next release. (If I understand correctly.)

Correct in every detail. :goodjob:

Once the BUG changes have been consolidated by the developers, and now that we have v3.19, I plan to create a Mac-BUFFY based on BUG that will allow Mac players to join in the monthly BOTMs. It won't use a DLL, of course, unless/until Aspyr give us that capability, so it will operate in the same way as the current HOF-Mac mods.

i tried playing an internet game with my PC friend and we both got a warning that the other player is playing with a different version of Civ for even though on "About this build" we both show 319. Both of us see the other player as having *MOD* before our user names.

Playing seems to go fine so far except for that detail.

Also, can I use the BUG mod now? Or do I need to wait for the next release?

Top Bottom