Patch 3.19 available

Thanks for your reply AlanH - ok so its not a problem with me or my machine.. so thats fine.. if there is nothing I can do then I will continue to do it manually.. although I would have expected that this functionality would have worked "out of the box".

If you open /Applications/Utilities/Applescript Editor and select File->Open Dictionary... you will see a list of your applications that support Apple Events, and therefore AppleScripting. The Civ4 games are notable for their absence. IMHO, minimal Apple Events support, at least for the 'Standard' events, should be considered a minimum for any decent Mac application.

In another PBEM game (Dominions 3), I (and others) have used Automator actions to send out game files. Apple's Automator is a lightweight alternative to using Apple Script that is programmed by choosing and connecting pre-defined components. Again, Civ IV is not supported directly, but you can, for example,write an action that retrieves a PBEM file and attaches it to a pre-addressed email message.

i went to the aspyr support website and it asked for an e-mail and password yet gave no indication that it was possible to sign up for an account:confused:

They've been upgrading their support site for the last few days. It looks as if the new one is broken. It won't accept my password, and won't reset it.

If you need the patch, try AtomicGamer.

[UPDATE] The Aspyr Support website is now working again for me.

yeah i downloaded it, id been procrastinating for a while then once i decided to get it the site was totally screwed up. thanks though

Hi all,

having a problem i think anyone here could probably walk me through if they would be super-kind enough to do so.

I got BTS and tried to go online for the first time last night. It said i had to download patch 3 19, which i did. I restarted and checked in the patch folder and the file was there but it keeps saying i have to download it and won't let me do anything else.
I am so computer ignorant that i don't even know if i have to do anything with the patch, such as move it to another folder or install it or what...

If anyone has a helpful word on this i would really appreciate it-

Seth

Hi, welcome :wavey:

I assume you are running the Macintosh version of BtS. As is stated elsewhere in this forum, you can't use the in-game upgrade option to patch the Mac version. It downloads the Windows updater which is useless for you.

Instead, you have to download the Mac updater from Aspyr. It's at this link. Download it and it will open as a disk image on your Mac. Copy the updater to your desktop from the disk image, then double click it and follow the instructions to patch your copy of BtS.

Come back here if you need more information.

Ah, CFC's Genius Bar at it again ;)

Please don't apply the v3.19 patch to any copy you have bought online.

Your online purchased copy should already be up to the latest patch version. And if you run the patch installer you will just change your software into the disk version, which requires a DVD to start.

I have BTS as part of the CivIV complete package. That version does NOT require me to load the DVD to play, which is great. However, it is only version 3.1.7 and when I tried to upgrade via the APSYR site the new version won't load without the DVD and what's worse, won't recognize the CIVIV complete dvd!

I am now re-intalling 3.1.7

Bummer, way to go ASPYR.

The Aspyr upgrade software is buggy. They forgot to reset it to do the Mac upgrade. It is still trying to use the Windows upgrade, so it doesn't work. You need to download the 3.19 update from the Mac Forum here. It is in a sticky, along with directions at the top of the forum topic list. I seem to recall someone else has had this problem with the complete package, so it may well be discussed in the sticky.

Good point, but I believe Gilgalad says he is already using the Aspyr patch.

I must say I am surprised to see that the Complete DVD includes version 3.17. I would have thought it had v3.19.

Good point, but I believe Gilgalad says he is already using the Aspyr patch.

I must say I am surprised to see that the Complete DVD includes version 3.17. I would have thought it had v3.19.

Just bought ASPYR civ 4 and BTS [BTS is version 3.17 on disk]. Upgraded to 3.19 with ASPYR patch. Very smooth upgrade works fine. OS 10.6.8 , 24" imac, intel core 2 duo, 4GB ram.

Top Bottom