Patch 7.4x Bugs

[to_xp]Gekko;8982974 said:
great, I see you've fixed the Esus sneakattack! still no luck with the other issues I've experienced in those savegames? ( steal, priest abandoning, heal, move in the shadows curing poison, python exception... )

bump :p

[to_xp]Gekko;8987969 said:

remember, the changelog is never complete ;) Heal Miracle I still need to fix. (copied the python from the normal heal so should be easy to find)

I was wondering if it was a bug or not. The armageddon counter was 55 and Infernals were already in the game. According to the civilopedia article that's all I need to spread hell terrain, but for some reason I haven't noticed any at all. All other events seemes to be working. Is this a bug or have I missed something important?
BTW, also meny leaders doesn't have some diplomacy texts.

the land has to spread to you first. if there is a good civ between you and the infernals it will never spread to you, unless you kill them.

pyre zombies dont deal damage on death. i got some python error then but forgot to screen it. :( now sheaim are dead and i cant reproduce them

@NotSoGood: hell terrain comes into play with the infernals. it will spread to unoccupied and evil civs terrain. it will only spread to neutral terrain when the armageddon counter is high enough and it will never spread to good civilizations terrain. it will also spread over water afaik.

if however the infernals are surrounded by good civs it will never go anywhere far, due to the restrictions mentioned above. alternativly open the worldbuilder and check the infernals, if there is any hell terrain. if there is none this is a bug, except if you have chosen to disable it :)

Thanks for making such a fun modmod. Double thanks for adding female leaders to so many civs, as well: it's just a taste thing, but as a female player, I prefer to play a gal. It's appreciated, and I know it's a silly reason, but it's one of the reasons why I mostly play Wildmana.

My reports are a bit vague and come from 4.1, I think, not the latest 4.3. Sorry. Next time, I'll be sure to get saves/python errors.

Yakut is missing her 'no deal' text for I think either pleased or friendly- it gives the XML code. The pretty good aligned Sidar leader who's name starts with an L (I apologize, I can't quite remember) is missing much of her reaction text: she offers deals and demands wars with text, but refusing wars and trying to make deals with her produced just blank space. I'll get better reports of what exactly they need after I finish the game I'm in and download the latest patch. :)

It might be attended, but joining the Cult of Esus appears to have no real drawbacks. One seems to gain all the benefits of the old religion as well as all benefits of Esus: I had Rosier and Gibbon together in a stack of troublemakers. I could also still run Sacrifice the Weak, build the Beasts of Agares, as well as build Esus units. The same was true with a Octopus Overlords, and although I didn't check it as much, I could build Kithra still after devoting to Esus. Although I think that building the disciple/national units of a different religion with Esus makes sense, I think the Heroes shouldn't be buildable or stay. At the same time, events seemed to check my faux-religion: in particular, the event where someone attempts to assassinate the player avatar did not allow the Esus choice.

I had a really weird DoW by Rivanna the Wraith Lord in that game: with myself as her greatest ally (she was pleased), open borders/three trade deals, and constant tech trading going on between us, she still DoWed me. Neither of us were at war with anyone else, and we would have to walk through three other civs to get to each other... two who wouldn't give open borders to each of us. It seemed like a rather bizarre decision: the turn she declared war, I got a message she would sign a peace treaty (although she of course refused to talk). Ten turns later or so, she contacted me to end the war and went straight back to +20 something and highest disposition. As I don't have a saved game, though, I guess it doesn't mean much... just reporting. (Only thing I can think of is I believe the AC went to 20 just about that time, but we were both evil...)

AI Hunters are having the problem which they stand forever healing while a goblin archer stands forever shooting. Unless forcefully moved by borders or there is direct interference from another (the AI doesn't seem to go rescue their own hunters), it appears they will do this forever. This happens at both Deity and Settler (...and Noble). It may happen at other difficulties, too.

More a question then a bug: what exactly do I need to do to get the 'convert' option to appear. I don't mean appear and be redded out ('We don't like you enough'/Two few of our people follow that faith...'), but appear at all. I spread a religion in to all cities of three different civilization, and that option didn't show up (while it has appeared for a few other civ's, just redded out). Two of those civ's have a holy city and follow the religion of that holy city, which might be the cause, but one does not, is not a vassal, is not running theology, has not recently changed her religion or civics... it's Shelba, if it helps any.

are you sure that oasis under my feet is intended terrain feature?

It appeared there after establishing my city...

Attachments

• oasis.jpg
    oasis.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 112
Units not able to gain experience from combat

Playing with WM7.43. In the first attachment, 2 warriors one with 4xp, one with 5xp, neither one gains xp from combat. In the 2nd attachment, a scout with 4xp can't gain xp from combat.:confused:

Attachments

• Warrior can't gain experience.CivBeyondSwordSave
    232.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Scout doesn't gain experience.CivBeyondSwordSave
    215.3 KB · Views: 46
Units not able to gain experience from combat

Playing with WM7.43. In the first attachment, 2 warriors one with 4xp, one with 5xp, neither one gains xp from combat. In the 2nd attachment, a scout with 4xp can't gain xp from combat.:confused:
My 100xp hero (adventurer turned archer) held out against a stack of 22 pyre zombies (ok, I was prepared, fire resistance, magic resistance, 2x heroic defense, etc), anyway, at the end of combat... 100xp :(

After that I tried several combats, like Econian explains, no xp from any number of them. No python errors logged.

Oh, the new Treasure Hunter... :goodjob:

I think its the limitation of the barb 100 XP that effects that. I wish we get an opton at least to get some xp (even if its small).

@NotSoGood: hell terrain comes into play with the infernals. it will spread to unoccupied and evil civs terrain. it will only spread to neutral terrain when the armageddon counter is high enough and it will never spread to good civilizations terrain. it will also spread over water afaik.

if however the infernals are surrounded by good civs it will never go anywhere far, due to the restrictions mentioned above. alternativly open the worldbuilder and check the infernals, if there is any hell terrain. if there is none this is a bug, except if you have chosen to disable it :)

It seems that it spread slower that I thought. I had to play only few turns more and slowly the hell terrain swallowed the nearby barbarian city. I'm glad it works.

haven't changed anything at the spread mechanic of hell terrain, so should work.

I have uploaded 7.4 which should fix the xp issue and the smaller issue reported in this thread.

@Gekko
When you tried to use esus miracle heal with your unit, did you have hidden nationality?

now that you make me think of it, it definitely seems like the Heal Miracle icon shows up only on HN units... my hunters didn't have HN, and no Heal available. but it WAS available on my HN esus enforcer.

Top Bottom