Patch Broke My Game

Aeon221

Lord of the Cheese Helmet
Heres a list of the error messages I get during init XML (uncached):

There are more siblings than memory allocated for them in CvXMLLoadUtility::SetVariableListTagPair
Current XML file is GameInfo/CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml

Tag: GAMESPEED_MARATHON in Info class was incorrect. Current XML file is: GameInfo/CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml

I get these two error messages six times each while loading. Sometimes I get to see an intro commercial, but most of the time it crashes before that.

rant

Instead of having a sluggish whiney game that I played very rarely, I now have a broken, sluggish whiney game that I play not at all.

It has also apparently been breeding, because I keep getting told that there are more siblings than my computer can remember... which is pretty sad, since this computer can run Morrowind, Guild Wars, and (up until the new patch) Civ4 just fine and dandy.

On the Firaxis website I found this little joke: http://home.businesswire.com/portal...d=news_view&newsId=20060316005509&newsLang=en

They won the Technical Excellence in Multiplayer Design... competing against stellar blowhards like the BF2 (laggiest and buggiest multiplayer interface I have ever had the displeasure to run into) Multiplayer Interface...

How the heck is that even possible? And how did they even win one editor's choice award?

Oh, and I _cannot stand_ seeing Sid's name everywhere in this game. No other designer decided that I needed to see his name all over the product. And its hard to believe that anyone would want to link themselves with this piece of crud. I should just go back to Guild Wars, but it irks me that I have a broken program on my computer.

Oh, and THANK GOD Oblivion came out. I'm probably just going to buy that and throw this game into the trash can where it belongs. /rant

Oh, almost forgot that I get told often that I failed to install my movies correctly by the game, before it crashes. Yipee!

Top Bottom