1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch date?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by ErichRommel, Nov 13, 2014.

1. ohmydayum

ohmydayum Chieftain

what unit strength you guys and girls think should be changed?

2. Lucius_

Lucius_ King

Obviously level 4 UUs. Early boats, but that could be a bug related to ranged defense using the wrong value. SABR could be boosted considering their movement, though I think Prime SABRs are fine. Lev Destroyers feel weak imo, but I haven't used them in a long time. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw a gunner nerf, though I don't think that is necessary.

3. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

I don't see any way in hell they're going to release a major patch that fixes a significant number of problems before the end of this year. The first Civ V patch took some three months, and as I recall, didn't really change that much.

4. ohmydayum

ohmydayum Chieftain

Agreed. I think the Aegis and Carvr are a little under powered. Also think the rocktopus could do more damage since its so slow and becomes a stationary orbital unit.

5. Tomice

Tomice Passionate Smart-Ass

They NEED to do something. I have a lot of understanding, but I can't motivate myself to play this thing. It was fine for a few days after release because I had a lot of time and it had the bonus of being new. But once that faded, all my interest is gone :sad:

The worst thing: Even modders seem to lose interest. There have been like 3 posts in the BeBa thread in the last few days...

6. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

On the other hand, they were a lot quieter about the Civ5 patches, this very vocal communication indicates that they might feel this is a more pressing issue.

I suspect that with Civ, the initial release was the design the team in charge wanted, with Ed Beach and G+K changing course.

Here, it seems to indicate that it's running counter the design the team wanted as they are openly acknowledging the issues.

7. Fr33lanc3r

Fr33lanc3r Chieftain

<sarcasm>
    They have our money now, they can take all the time they want working on the patch while sitting in piles of our money, twirling their mustaches like Snidely von Whiplash.
    </sarcasm>

I'm actually waiting until the first big patch to even start attempting mods for this game, there's just way too much up in the air about how they're changing things. I'm assuming others are feeling the same way, why dump tons of hours into something I may have to fully scrap after a patch. Expansions are a bit different, since there's a reasonably frozen feature set per expansion, but when the patch notes are as sweeping as this first pass is, it's hard to motivate yourself to contribute to something that you may have to restart from scratch.

8. Ryoga

Ryoga King

Just like Fr33lanc3r said since a patch has been announced and it is expected to come soon it is kinda pointless to work on a rebalancing mod that might need to be reworked from scratch in a few days.

I had some ideas myself but at this point I'm going to wait.

9. Empedocles

Empedocles Chieftain

Something a lot of people seem to miss is that when a quest gives +1 energy, it also removes the maintenance cost. So that actually nets you +2 energy per building, just like the power plant. I find +2 energy vs +1 production to be pretty close in value, actually.

10. Bezurn

Bezurn Prince

I find the choice between production and energy to be a matter of preference. If a map type doesn't all much access to natural production such as hills or available land for putting down some manufactories, then the additional production is helpful.

If a map has more than enough tiles to sustain a healthy production level in most cities, then 1-2 more hammers won't really matter too much unless you're in a wonder race. In that case the extra money is helpful as it can be spent globally and help you maintain a larger army while still having reserves for rush buying to your heart's content.

11. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

Xeno-swarms are pretty weak.

The major problem, for all units, is when you get each unit and upgrade.

12. Xenotitan

Xenotitan Prince

Xenoswarms aren't weak, they're just less OP than the other options.

13. Gort

Gort Emperor

If this is the case, why doesn't the quest text say that? That's completely unintuitive.

14. Rellin

Rellin Norrathian Gnome

Not soon enough. Have not played in two weeks.

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Started 5 games never finished any of them. Now it just sits as I have no real interest. And I've been playing Civ and all it's iterations from when Civ II 1st came out thru BtS.

I can still play a game of Caveman2Cosmos on BtS but can't get myself to start another game of BE. (And I never bought CiV and now probably never will either)

Sad I am. :(

JosEPh

16. spider1

spider1 Prince

I pretty much like the game as it is, except for trade route management. Found a mod that makes trade routes last 250 turns, so I'm using that until they get this fixed in a patch. I'd prefer an over all management screen for both all my cities and my trade routes.