Patch is live

Noticed a bug, the progress of the current tech research is not updated in the tech tree, until you click one of the techs.

Late-game sound bug still exists unfortunately :(

CAN WE NOT HAVE AN AI BUILDING AND USING AIRFORCES FIX PLEASE FIRAXiS? oops caps..

My god how hard can it be...?! I've been on these forums for many a year and this is the most irate I've been. Some of the fixes they've applied resource to in this fix log are simply trivial by comparison. :(

What he said. Totally agree.

Fixed a bug with the Pax Brittania unique ability that was granting a free melee unit when England obtained a city other than through settling.

Wha what? So that capture to get unit thing was a bug? Yikes, guess England was only decent due to a bug. Now they're kinda crap

• Arena: +1 Culture. +1 Tourism once Conservation is unlocked. +1 Entertainment amenity for this city
  • Zoo: +1 Science to all Rainforest and Marsh tiles in this city. +1 Entertainment amenity for all cities within 6 tiles.
  • Stadium: +2 Tourism for cities with at least 10 population. +5 tourism to cities with at least 20 population. +2 Entertainment amenities for all cities within 6 tiles.

Might be nice if you have nothing better to do late game.

CS changes are brilliant of course.

It's not everything we wanted for Christmas, and it wouldn't be a Civ patch without strange changes to England, but on the whole there's a lot of good here for a 30-day quick fix.

Bonus points for removing the silly anti-gameplay agendas.

Last edited:
if Blizzard can make hotfixes to a much larger game on a daily basis

Blizzard is a very very very rich company compared to Firaxis. I don't think you realize how much money World of Warcraft is pulling in. Even though it may be past its hey day, it's still pulling in some serious cash, and they are still putting out other popular games.

Saw this post by Sarah on Reddit. I thought I’d post it because I didn’t see it yet on CF.

FXS_Sarah

1h
A designer has asked me to share this with you. Hope it helps!

Previously, DOW and capturing cities had the same Warmonger cost, and razing cities was always 3 times that cost. However, this resulted in some nasty situations where a player could get into a war with no Warmonger penalty (for instance, via an Emergency or a war of Liberation) and receive no penalty for the duration of that war. We’ve decoupled the DOW, capture city, and raze Warmongering penalties to give us more flexibility and help us avoid these situations.

Since we have this extra flexibility, we took the chance to make some changes to certain Casus Belli to further differentiate them:

Holy War Raze penalty decreased from 150 to 50

Liberation War Capture penalty increased from 0 to 100

Liberation War Raze penalty increased from 0 to 600

Protectorate War Capture penalty increased from 0 to 100

Protectorate War Raze penalty increased from 0 to 300

Colonial War Raze penalty increased from 150 to 300

Territorial War Raze penalty decreased from 225 to 150

Golden Age War Raze penalty increased from 75 to 300

EDIT: I am the worst at formatting, sorry.

And replaced them with....? ....?

I haven't noticed any new ones. Has gossip been around since the beginning of rise and fall. I'm noticing in my game, haven't seen that one before that I can recall.

The weird part is the game can obviously support that kind of finessed restriction already - the change to Macedon in this very patch proves it's possible to apply different rules for conquering free cities than normal ones. :confused::shake:

Which to me suggests one of two things.

Either out of the cacophony of suggested balance fixes arising from the various fan boards, they picked the one balance change that exactly 0 fans were asking for.

Or two different people did the fixes for Macedon and England, and there was no management oversight to ensure they applied a consistent approach.

Sadly, the lack of oversight and application of a consistent approach at the detail level seems to be a recurrent issue under Ed's watch. I love a lot of the "big ideas"; many of them are brilliant inspirations. But for me, the game could really benefit from giving control to a manager type instead of a visionary for the next expansion.

Sadly, the lack of oversight and application of a consistent approach at the detail level seems to be a recurrent issue under Ed's watch. I love a lot of the "big ideas"; many of them are brilliant inspirations. But for me, the game could really benefit from giving control to a manager type instead of a visionary for the next expansion.

I think this is pretty close to the mark, though this isn't a team-deep epidemic. The pattern of balance oversights we're talking about can totally be addressed without throwing the captain overboard.

It's really just a matter of having a designer own the issue, and the team making room for this role. If we're excluding all the AI and UI concerns, you're looking at 1 full-time "Live Service Designer" position. That's ballpark $100k/year total cost to the studio.

In my biased opinion Firaxis should devote more resources to this sort of thing, and that it's ultimately worth the cost, but we should all acknowledge that it's a non-trivial matter.

Or two different people did the fixes for Macedon and England, and there was no management oversight to ensure they applied a consistent approach.

I'm with you in suspecting it's this one. In fact, I would go further and speculate that Ed actually has very little to do with this type of actual small-scale balancing at the moment and probably delegates it to other designers, because he himself has probably been tasked with designing/overseeing the next expansion.

Even if that's still a project that's many many months off from completion, given what we know about 2k/Firaxis's desire to have a fairly consistent stream of content releases for the game, it makes sense that they would have moved their main designers onto future content work as quickly as possible and would want to keep them focused on that.

I liked the mechanics of the "flirt" traits, I wish they had just renamed them so that they didn't imply game-enforced heteronormativity. Oh well, maybe they'll bring back more like that next expansion?

I think this is pretty close to the mark, though this isn't a team-deep epidemic. The pattern of balance oversights we're talking about can totally be addressed without throwing the captain overboard.

It's really just a matter of having a designer own the issue, and the team making room for this role. If we're excluding all the AI and UI concerns, you're looking at 1 full-time "Live Service Designer" position. That's ballpark $100k/year total cost to the studio.

In my biased opinion Firaxis should devote more resources to this sort of thing, and that it's ultimately worth the cost, but we should all acknowledge that it's a non-trivial matter.

I'm with you in suspecting it's this one. In fact, I would go further and speculate that Ed actually has very little to do with this type of actual small-scale balancing at the moment and probably delegates it to other designers, because he himself has probably been tasked with designing/overseeing the next expansion.

Even if that's still a project that's many many months off from completion, given what we know about 2k/Firaxis's desire to have a fairly consistent stream of content releases for the game, it makes sense that they would have moved their main designers onto future content work as quickly as possible and would want to keep them focused on that.

I agree it's about owning the issue. I actually think it's hard to assign ownership of this, however, below the lead designer.

Steve Jobs is a poor example of leadership in many ways, but in this case I think he's well known enough to use as an example. The type of inconsistencies and small details that don't work as advertised that are riddled through Civ 6 don't require a lot of owner time. What they do require is an owner who demands that changes are brought to her/him for prior approval and then sends people back to do it again if there are inconsistent approaches or the sum of the parts don't add up to a consistent user experience.

How large is the update in terms of megabytes? and what is the current Rise and Fall number when you look at the bottom left corner of the start screen to indicate if your computer has updated the update via Steam or not.
Thanks
Brew God

How large is the update in terms of megabytes? and what is the current Rise and Fall number when you look at the bottom left corner of the start screen to indicate if your computer has updated the update via Steam or not.
Thanks
Brew God

My Steam update was 80.4MB. I don't know the version string.

Top Bottom