Patch is on hold..

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRRRRR!!!! :cry: :mad: :cry:

Patch failed to download properly!!!!!

24 megs...I wonder what's taking up most of that. Usually only updates to graphics/sound make patches large...

Take World of Warcraft's patches for example; I think I've downloaded 300 megs in patches there.

I'm guessing everyone and their brother is trying to get it now.

My progress showed 0/-1 bytes, so I knew it wasn't kicking in right.

Hopefully I'll get it before I go to bed!!

I don't think I read anything about sound fixes, but it looks like they addressed most of the major stuff!.

ah, that could indeed be it, their bandwith just flooded... probably also the reason why they didn't post it on their website yet. hm, I'll try again tomorrow. No word about memory leaks yet huh? OK, "global performance enhancements" perhaps.

doggiedaddy said:
I'm guessing everyone and their brother is trying to get it now.

My progress showed 0/-1 bytes, so I knew it wasn't kicking in right.

Hopefully I'll get it before I go to bed!!

I don't think I read anything about sound fixes, but it looks like they addressed most of the major stuff!.
Keep trying every 5 minutes or so. I almost had all of it..and it timed out or something. I got in again just a minute ago.

The good, the bad, and the ugly for my first minute with the patched game.

The good:
No more Cheshire Cat leaderheads.
Black terrain bug is fixed.
Food and hammer icons properly display.

The bad:
Animal resources (ivory, cow, horses, etc.) are still just shadows.

The ugly:
Movies are even slower than they were before.:mad:

The animal resource thing I don't really care about, but I kind of preferred it prepatch when the movies played at a decent speed. Hopefully someone can find a fix.

So, at the moment the patch is only available for download thorugh the game. I guess that sometime tomorrow they will release the patch for download at www.civiv.com I don't have internet connetion at home, so I cannot download it.

Well, not a biggy, Civ IV works fine in my computer....

tongkl said:
The good, the bad, and the ugly for my first minute with the patched game.

The good:
No more Cheshire Cat leaderheads.
Black terrain bug is fixed.
Food and hammer icons properly display.

The bad:
Animal resources (ivory, cow, horses, etc.) are still just shadows.

The ugly:
Movies are even slower than they were before.:mad:

The animal resource thing I don't really care about, but I kind of preferred it prepatch when the movies played at a decent speed. Hopefully someone can find a fix.

what are your video specs?

Downloading now, listening to Boba Fett as the progress bar grows...

Fingers crossed - look at all those fixes. Good. I guess there were problems after all...

Venger

yah the server(s) is(are) flooded. if you get the 0/-1 just close it browse like um rb1 and try again.

Took me about 8 tries to start it and is cruising along now at 400 kB/s.

less said the better lest I jinx it. :eek:

Cheers!
-Liq

Here come the 'moans'.........LOL...........:crazyeye:

Think I'll wait till all the 'guinea pigs' have installed/tested it.....:D ........nowt wrong with my Civ4 anyway! ;)

:goodjob:

I am not going to even attempt to download this tonight. I crashed as soon as I clicked on check for update. The patcher is going to be so bogged down.

*waits for everyone to go to bed* :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom