Patch is on hold..

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been shown that goody huts work fine, they're NOT broken. The OP of that problem retracted his statement, and non-one else has seen anything like it.

I do not understand...
I am probably one of the few that got the patch via the update button, and it works perfectly for me...
I even got different stuff form goodhut including techs, maps, money etc.
So what the hell is wrong with the patch? I solely believe that due to a load of people dling the patch, CivIV server was overwhelmed and crashed. Since they dont want that to happen, theyll wait till they upload it to civiv.com...
Any other suggestions?
If none, I will go back to my game which is much more faster than it was before... And I have a P4 2.6 512 MB RAM with GeForce 4 MX 440 Card...
Happy civing

Did they fix the bug where it only shows food???

I loaded up my saved game on Earth map and I ended up playing another civ instead of Rome. It continue to flash waiting on other players. I beleive it's waiting on rome to hit enter so I had to reboot again

well, i saied my bug (apart from the worldbuilder one) is that tech are not displayed anymore when i get them...

it's still a bug

We have deleted the news post from the main site now. Don't want to mislead people...

Hope a stable patch would come out soon.

koolaje said:
I thought the update's going to be like a seperate patch .exe file ..
It is. When it downloads, it puts a .exe in the patch folder under the My Games' path.

I think I read that Apolyton had the .exe file posted for download so you could get it outside the game...but they pulled it too.

well, i saied my bug (apart from the worldbuilder one) is that tech are not displayed anymore when i get them...

Check that you don't have 'pop-ups minimized' or something similar selected in the options menu. It has more or less this effect.

Dusty4prez said:
I do not understand...
I am probably one of the few that got the patch via the update button, and it works perfectly for me...
I even got different stuff form goodhut including techs, maps, money etc.
So what the hell is wrong with the patch? I solely believe that due to a load of people dling the patch, CivIV server was overwhelmed and crashed. Since they dont want that to happen, theyll wait till they upload it to civiv.com...
Any other suggestions?
If none, I will go back to my game which is much more faster than it was before... And I have a P4 2.6 512 MB RAM with GeForce 4 MX 440 Card...
Happy civing

Did they fix the bug where it only shows food???

Yep, thats what makes me the happiest of all:)
I can see those goddamn shields (umm, err, i mean hammers) at last.
YEt, you still see the floodplains over black terrain

I can uses the worldbuilder if i totally remove Civ4 out of "My Games" under documents.

that was the fastest thread ever: 195 messages, over 8770 view in about 2h30

this is more than a message per minute and i can't calculate for the view top of my head

worldbuilder works for me... I did just get a weird error. I'd post the report for whoever likes to look at those kind of things but i can't find where it puts them.

Did anyone notice that it no longer tells you how many turns it is to build anything in your towns (under the town name)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom