[GS] Patch Livestream March 29th

I just hope they fixed the roads and railroads, especially on districts and energy improvements. For example, guess where the railroads are here:

upload_2019-3-28_23-8-59.png

I have no hopes of them fixing the spaghetti they introduced with GS (even though it was PERFECT before, no idea why they "improved" it), but at least they should bring back the road connections between districts.

@Pietato There's so much that needs tuning that the next patch is unlikely to fix everything.

My guess is that'll focus on bugs and wider gameplay issues (eg Barb spawn rates).

I don't know if the Livestream means this patch might be chunkier or a bigger deal, but I doubt it. I think any serious patching (balancing, tuning) won't happen until mid year and or more dlc or another expansion, but I would be very happy to be proven wrong by this next patch.

Let it be a cool-freezy-icy gift to all of us Modders alike -- with a formal SDK update & the highly anticipated "Pantry" files with thousands +++ of authentic GFX files (from R&F to GS, at least).

Of course.. buggy pass & any new features would be welcomed as well. Flood Barrier principles really need a solid fix while Diplo-Victory could use a sharp twist of events & adjusted points distribution schema.

Let's hope together.

My guess is it comes out next Thursday.

Now I need to finish my current game and then I have to wait until the patch. I won't want to start a new game now!

Georgia deserves some buffing too.

True.
@Pietato There's so much that needs tuning that the next patch is unlikely to fix everything.

My guess is that'll focus on bugs and wider gameplay issues (eg Barb spawn rates).

I don't know if the Livestream means this patch might be chunkier or a bigger deal, but I doubt it. I think any serious patching (balancing, tuning) won't happen until mid year and or more dlc or another expansion, but I would be very happy to be proven wrong by this next patch.

It is just infuriating that they do not just buff the weak civs. Would take them 5 minutes.

Actually, Civ mp environment is the greatest we ever had. Mechanics are more or less balanced for mp games. Stability is at his best. Very few random disconnections, as long as ping and comp of players are decent.

And we never had that much of players wanting to play a game, filling lobbies in minutes only, if not seconds.

I wouldn't be suprised if mp players will be superior in numbers than sp players in a couple of years.

If the AI stays dumb more people will be tired of this and will switch for mp. But some of them hate to lose games...maybe not these ones.

Problem is that Civ VI multiplayer has some huge fundamental flaws that were never an issue even in Civ IV. And I doubt they will ever get fixed. Namely...
  • The AI takes over instantly if someone disconnects, meaning you have to reload an autosave every time since the AI will mess everything up when it gets the chance
  • You can't engage in diplomacy or make changes in your cities or do anything at all while waiting for other players, so you keep having to un-end and re-end your turn and sequential turns during wars are a chore
  • No fully turn-based option, though it wouldn't have worked regardless until the above point gets fixed so that choosing production can be done in other players' turns like in IV
  • Simultaneous turns in wars between human players are just stupid. Enjoy getting screwed over by the notifications covering the screen!

This was unexpected, but welcome. I should be free and I look forward to this.

I really, really hope they are buffing the weak civs, like England, Egypt, Normark, and Canada. Also making Eleanor's bonus interact with France and England better.

Eleanor is going to be really difficult to balance properly. Peacefully getting enemy cities, including their capital for "free" is arguably the single most powerful effect in the game. And it is a snowballing ability as you increase your relative loyalty pressure both from gaining a city and from them losing one.

Going from weak to way overpowered by buffing something like that is really easy to do.

They mention a Hungary nerf, so hopefully that means a larger balance pass of the civs.

Hahahahaha. Good one. If Australia, Nubia, and the like have not nerfed by now, I doubt they ever will be.

Then again, you should never underestimate the devs' desire to make England awful. I'm curious as to how they will make Workshop of the World less effective. Or maybe they'll make the Red Coats require niter now. How a civilization with such an enormous impact like England can be worse than (at pretty much every level no less) than a country like Australia is beyond me.

Last edited:
Hahahahaha. Good one. If Australia, Nubia, and the like have not nerfed by now, I doubt they ever will be.

Then again, you should never underestimate the devs' desire to make England awful. I'm curious as to how they will make Workshop of the World less effective. Or maybe they'll make the Red Coats require niter now? How a civilization with such an enormous impact like England can be worse than (at pretty much every level no less) than a country like Australia is beyond me.
Conquered 1/4 of the world? Check.
Less playable than her colonies? Also check.

True.

It is just infuriating that they do not just buff the weak civs. Would take them 5 minutes.

I find it amusing how people are both complaining that the game is too easy and that some civs are too weak. Want a challenge? Play one of the "weaker" civs.
Making some civs more fun and engaging would be nice though, some are quite dull.

This is going to be a busy gaming weekend for me. Phoenix Point is launching their big early access version 4 today AND civ6 is getting a big patch too. WOW!

This is going to be a busy gaming weekend for me. Phoenix Point is launching their big early access version 4 today AND civ6 is getting a big patch too. WOW!

I doubt the patch will come out today, I just think they're going to reveal what's in it today. I could be wrong though.

I doubt the patch will come out today, I just think they're going to reveal what's in it today. I could be wrong though.

I think so too.

I hope they will make Egypt, Rome, Sumerians and so on better when played by AI.

I find it odd that they're doing a livestream for a "patch". There must be something different about it, like a new civ or significant gameplay changes.

Typing that out got me to wondering... maybe it'll be multiplayer-focused? That seems to be an area I've heard needed a lot of work (though I can't say so from experience myself as I've never played multiplayer.)

Top Bottom