1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Patch Livestream March 29th

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Mar 28, 2019.

1. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

Georgia deserves some buffing too.

conorbebe and wildlumberjack like this.
  2. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

I just hope they fixed the roads and railroads, especially on districts and energy improvements. For example, guess where the railroads are here:

upload_2019-3-28_23-8-59.png

I have no hopes of them fixing the spaghetti they introduced with GS (even though it was PERFECT before, no idea why they "improved" it), but at least they should bring back the road connections between districts.

3. acluewithout

acluewithout Warlord

@Pietato There's so much that needs tuning that the next patch is unlikely to fix everything.

My guess is that'll focus on bugs and wider gameplay issues (eg Barb spawn rates).

I don't know if the Livestream means this patch might be chunkier or a bigger deal, but I doubt it. I think any serious patching (balancing, tuning) won't happen until mid year and or more dlc or another expansion, but I would be very happy to be proven wrong by this next patch.

4. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Let it be a cool-freezy-icy gift to all of us Modders alike -- with a formal SDK update & the highly anticipated "Pantry" files with thousands +++ of authentic GFX files (from R&F to GS, at least).

Of course.. buggy pass & any new features would be welcomed as well. Flood Barrier principles really need a solid fix while Diplo-Victory could use a sharp twist of events & adjusted points distribution schema.

Let's hope together.

conorbebe and acluewithout like this.
  5. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

My guess is it comes out next Thursday.

Now I need to finish my current game and then I have to wait until the patch. I won't want to start a new game now!

acluewithout likes this.
  6. Pietato

Pietato Warlord

True.
    It is just infuriating that they do not just buff the weak civs. Would take them 5 minutes.

7. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Chieftain

Problem is that Civ VI multiplayer has some huge fundamental flaws that were never an issue even in Civ IV. And I doubt they will ever get fixed. Namely...
    • The AI takes over instantly if someone disconnects, meaning you have to reload an autosave every time since the AI will mess everything up when it gets the chance
    • You can't engage in diplomacy or make changes in your cities or do anything at all while waiting for other players, so you keep having to un-end and re-end your turn and sequential turns during wars are a chore
    • No fully turn-based option, though it wouldn't have worked regardless until the above point gets fixed so that choosing production can be done in other players' turns like in IV
    • Simultaneous turns in wars between human players are just stupid. Enjoy getting screwed over by the notifications covering the screen!

Banazir864 likes this.
  8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

This was unexpected, but welcome. I should be free and I look forward to this.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  9. _hero_

_hero_ Chieftain

Eleanor is going to be really difficult to balance properly. Peacefully getting enemy cities, including their capital for "free" is arguably the single most powerful effect in the game. And it is a snowballing ability as you increase your relative loyalty pressure both from gaining a city and from them losing one.

Going from weak to way overpowered by buffing something like that is really easy to do.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  10. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

They mention a Hungary nerf, so hopefully that means a larger balance pass of the civs.

11. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

Hahahahaha. Good one. If Australia, Nubia, and the like have not nerfed by now, I doubt they ever will be.

Then again, you should never underestimate the devs' desire to make England awful. I'm curious as to how they will make Workshop of the World less effective. Or maybe they'll make the Red Coats require niter now. How a civilization with such an enormous impact like England can be worse than (at pretty much every level no less) than a country like Australia is beyond me.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  12. Haig

Haig Warlord

Well England is one of the most FUN civs to play, I love colonizing, building a great navy, red coats marching in far corners of the empire...

13. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Conquered 1/4 of the world? Check.
    Less playable than her colonies? Also check.

14. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

I find it amusing how people are both complaining that the game is too easy and that some civs are too weak. Want a challenge? Play one of the "weaker" civs.
    Making some civs more fun and engaging would be nice though, some are quite dull.

nzcamel, Icicle, King Rad and 4 others like this.
  15. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

This is going to be a busy gaming weekend for me. Phoenix Point is launching their big early access version 4 today AND civ6 is getting a big patch too. WOW!

16. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

I doubt the patch will come out today, I just think they're going to reveal what's in it today. I could be wrong though.

Elhoim likes this.
  17. Delvi

Delvi Chieftain

I think so too.

18. Delvi

Delvi Chieftain

I hope they will make Egypt, Rome, Sumerians and so on better when played by AI.

19. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

I find it odd that they're doing a livestream for a "patch". There must be something different about it, like a new civ or significant gameplay changes.

Typing that out got me to wondering... maybe it'll be multiplayer-focused? That seems to be an area I've heard needed a lot of work (though I can't say so from experience myself as I've never played multiplayer.)

20. LKx

LKx Chieftain

Probably live stream for modding tools enhancements

Stilgar08 likes this.