1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch v1.17f README is here!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Thunderfall, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Blackwatch

Blackwatch Chieftain

Has anyone else noticed a marked decrease -approaching just plain absence- of resources in PC generated maps after the last patch? Anyone with ideas on what's up and how to fix it, please feel free to let me know.

2. linjon

linjon Chieftain

yeah-huge map- i own ~20-30% of one single continent. 1 saltpeter, 1 coal. saltpeter went away.

3. Guardian

Guardian Chieftain

Well, I could be mistaken, but I'm under the impression that strategic resources are more readily available on the smaller maps. This is not new with the 1.17f patch. I haven't studied this in detail though, so it's just a hunch...

I'm currently playing on a standard size map where I control, say, about 70 % of a rather large continent. Now, there are 3 luxuries that I had to go find elsewhere, but with the strategic resources, I have at least 2 or 3 of each type sitting right there in my homeland. I haven't needed to search for any of them! (Game was started with version 1.16f.)