PCSG2: Lalibela's Eleven Churches

lurker's comment:
I was also trying to play around with starting with Washington and then switching to Lincoln followed by Roosevelt. It requires some WB work which I've been able to do so far but when I make the leader change it resets everything back to zero. In other words if you are 1 :science: short of writing and I mess with the save you have to start over researching writing.

Sulla did a game where they changed the leader after everyone in the roster played a turnset, RBTS5 - Multiple Personality Disorder. They tried to mm research and builds to make sure they didn't lose :hammers: or :science:. So it's doable and looks like fun. Great game, guys, thanks for the read I have been enjoying it! :cooool:

lurker's comment:

Sulla did a game where they changed the leader after everyone in the roster played a turnset, RBTS5 - Multiple Personality Disorder. They tried to mm research and builds to make sure they didn't lose :hammers: or :science:. So it's doable and looks like fun. Great game, guys, thanks for the read I have been enjoying it! :cooool:

Haven't seen you around in a while mlinneak. Yeah there were a few of these types of games here a few years back. They were a bit before my time but they were fun reads.

If Norvin wants to kick off a new SG as per #459, that's fine by me. :)

I have an idea if not.

... although I feel as though I really should be focussed on Maple Sporks now, but the guys seem to have worked everything out already.

Like vranasm said basically I was hitting enter most of the time.

In 1820 we completed:

A second view (in case you don’t like the first):

We also get this event (chose the second option)

Seeing as Cristo is complete rather than swap to Rep I made this trade with Shaka:

In 1828 we finish:

In 1832 Shaka wants this trade but he is sent home empty-handed:

Now 3 turns later Hatty comes a calling:

Another event involving some rare insects:

The F8 victory screen:

I hope you don’t mind that to speed things along I set the workers on auto trade network and most cities to wealth. There are 3 cities (Gondar being one of them) building units just in case. They are set to go to rally points near the Hatty border.

We also got a GE instead of a GA so he’s in Gondar. I was pretty sure we didn’t want Mining Inc. so I figured we could just leave him there and rush some building. I wasn’t really being too careful as this game is long over. Kudos to all!

@Cam_H, go ahead if you have an idea for a game. I will need to work on that leader switch and see what I can come up with.

@lymond – exit 131 on the GSP

Attachments

• Lalibela AD-1846.CivBeyondSwordSave
    465.6 KB · Views: 55
Great job, Norv! (that exit comment comes from an old SNL skit :) )

Cam, looks like you can bring this one home.

That is some serious culture we are pumping out.

Hatty still may have her sights on Mehmed again.

everything is going great... very good norwin.

with a little bit luck we look at end in 11T... not the best time in the world, but certainly not bad either and with interesting twist (using corps for culture)

enjoyed the game a lot... the non traditional beginning was refreshing and the later cannon's warfare broke a bit my habit with mounted warfare and proved to me that it can be reasonably quick too.

Just cruising along nicely thanks Norvin! :)

Generally, the builds during this set were;
  • Build Wealth,
  • Build Corporate Executives,
  • Build Aqueducts and Hospitals, and/or
  • Build Spies.
Lalibela and Addis Ababa were 'special cases', and both were on Build Culture except for one turn where Addis Ababa had a hurried Coal Plant.

Some fishy deals with Mehmed;

Spoiler :

I also gave up Aksum's overlapping tiles to Lalibela and Addis Ababa.

Addis Ababa also had the Great Engineer merged into the city.

:culture: Aksum goes Legendary!

Technology: Fission > Plastics

Minor 'icing' event;

Aksum indeed pops a Great Artist (Jalāl ad-Dīn Muḥammad Rūmī; 13th Century Persian poet and philosopher), who produces a Great Work in Addis Ababa;

Both Lalibela and Addis Ababa are timed to go Legendary together.

Also, get some counter-espionage happening, firstly with Hatshepsut;

Of course, just when we have active counter-espionage, cities start to get their water supplies poisoned, and of all things, Lalibela's Bank gets destroyed by enemy infiltrators. No time to replace the Bank as it would add a turn to our culture target.

Despite the loss of the Bank, we get this massive event that more than makes up for the sabotage;

Shaka founds Standard Ethanol.

Mehmed and Shaka declare on Hatshepsut and Saladin;

We also run counter-espionage on the Arabs and the Zulus.

Iron deal with Shaka to push along Creative Constructions' influence;
Spoiler :

:culture: Addis Ababa goes Legendary!
:culture: Lalibela goes Legendary!

More screenies;
Spoiler :

Confirming the variant;

... and the big reveal! ...

Attachments

• Lalibela AD-1866.CivBeyondSwordSave
    475.7 KB · Views: 58
Two questions:

Can you explain the Lalibela = Alex?

and

I suck at corporations - I see Cam_H made the deals with Shaka for more iron - what screen would you look at to see the impact that would make?

Thanks

Way to end it, Cam! :goodjob:

Good game, fellas! See ya in the next one.

Norv, I just check the corps in the city screen of a city that has it. They appear right under the religions in the upper right. Hover over the corp and it shows the base bonuses you get from that corp.

Two answers:
  • The computer allocates us (the human player) along with the other leaders a random personality. From that point, our personality is ignored other than it is seemingly not repeated in this random allocation for the AI leaders (anecdotal). New leaders created by the setting up of colonies also get random personalities.
Thanks again to the roster! Well done to all.

Nice finish, Cam! Nice game, all!

Cam, just wondering, how do you extract this info? From a WBSave?

I'd like to request the turn-before victory save if you still have it Cam, just to stick on my HoF.

Thanks for the game, it was a lot of fun.

Brian,

Please find attachment as requested. Glad you guys seemed to enjoy it, as I did.

nocho,

The whole thing was brought to my attention in a post of DanF (acknowledgement! :)). You enable cheats with the 'chipotle' tweak (open CivilizationIV.ini and change the CheatCode=0 line to CheatCode=chipotle), open the Python console thingie 'in game' using the tildle (~) key (ref. also here), and type out the command line manually ("for i in range(0,7): print gc.getPlayer(i).getName() + " = " + gc.getLeaderHeadInfo(gc.getPlayer(i).getPersonalityType()).getDescription()").

Confused? If so, you're not alone ... took me over an hour to do it the first time!

Attachments

• Lalibela AD-1864.CivBeyondSwordSave
    476.8 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom