PerfectWorld3

cephalo, would you mind uploading the file as an attachment here? the in-game mod browser does not work for me.

cephalo, would you mind uploading the file as an attachment here? the in-game mod browser does not work for me.

I will try to do that in the next couple of days. Do you know why it doesn't work? I'm curious.

I have the same problem. For me I think it's that my router shuts down the internet because it thinks it's being spammed when I load up the mod browser. We tried opening some ports but that didn't seem to help it.

I can't wait to play a game on this script though, I never played a game without it in Civ4.

I've ran a couple test starts and this script looks great! Though I'm going to have to get used to chopping again:lol:.
However I'm running into the same issue I have with Tectonics: resource and city-state distribution are quite sparse compared to vanilla scripts. Is this intentional?

I loved this script in Civ 4, glad to see it back.

I notice sometimes that some hexes look like mountains but are actually other terrain. I can try to find a screenshot if you'd like.

I've ran a couple test starts and this script looks great! Though I'm going to have to get used to chopping again:lol:.
However I'm running into the same issue I have with Tectonics: resource and city-state distribution are quite sparse compared to vanilla scripts. Is this intentional?
That's weird. City states are a setting that you decide on when starting the game, so it doesn't depend on the map script at all. Resources are standard in tectonics and Perfectworld so there's no reason why this should happen, except maybe the default methods wouldn't scale for some reason.

I'm very pleased to see this map script available for Civ5. I'll try it out as soon as I can.

I started a game with this script (miraculously able to download it from the modbrowser before it shut me out of it), and got some sheep on a desert, but I couldn't improve them with a pasture. There's a few other mods running, but I would assume it's the mapscript placing the sheep on the desert. Did anyone else get this?

I'm using map sizes (roughly) from the Terra map script, and I'm thinking that it may be too large. I played almost a full game and contact was very long in coming, and there was room for settler expansion in the industrial age. A large map might be fine on an 'old world only' starts, but with 'start anywhere' I think it might be too big for the default numbers. Until I fix it, I recommend packing a few more civs in there than default.

That's weird. City states are a setting that you decide on when starting the game, so it doesn't depend on the map script at all. Resources are standard in tectonics and Perfectworld so there's no reason why this should happen, except maybe the default methods wouldn't scale for some reason.

I think that resource quantities are purely related to civ numbers in the default code. Unlike in Civ4 where many were based on how much land was available. Since my map is sized up a bit, it makes sense that everything else would be more sparse if you use the default civ numbers.

I started a game with this script (miraculously able to download it from the modbrowser before it shut me out of it), and got some sheep on a desert, but I couldn't improve them with a pasture. There's a few other mods running, but I would assume it's the mapscript placing the sheep on the desert. Did anyone else get this?

I'm using the default resource placement. I know I've seen sheep on desert hills in other map scripts, but it's odd that you can't improve it. In the screenshots Baleur posted, we can see that sometimes innapropriate features sometimes appear on the wrong terrain. It could be related to that. Can you see any 'features' on that tile that might be blocking the improvement?

I think I once saw jungle on a mountain, and oddly enough it made the mountain passable. :)

I started up a game with the script today, and it looks great! The mountain ranges and big deserts don't disappoint. I love seeing the trademark PW features, like a wet coastal region with a mountain range separating it from an inland desert!

The resources do seem sparser, which makes sense with your explanation. I'm using the option to start on largest continent, and always set resources to sparse, which I usually don't find is actually sparse enough. In this game, I've had to really push my territory to get iron and even horses. I think this is the first game ever that I've had to make any effort for horses, which I find improves the gameplay greatly.

Yeah i actually avoided quite a few visual errors when taking those screens, some mountains being cut in half by floodplains textures and other things. But some of those artefacts is close to what i constantly see in the vanilla maps too, such as the mountain rock-texture extending to nearby hills only to also be sliced in half in the middle of the hill, resulting in a sharp square mountain texture edge.
Very ugly, but i've not come across anyway to fix it so far.

Regarding features appearing where they don't belong, you should check on the strategic map where they are. As far as I know, the strategic map alwyas shows the right terrain, but the 3D view is bugged and doees not, particularly near the x=0 line.

FYI, I haven't seen any abnormalities in my game yet, although I've only uncovered about half the map. It's also worth mentioning for those who haven't tried it yet, that the map generation speed is tremendously faster than the PW maps for Civ4.

I uploaded the civ5mod file to the civfanatics database, but I don't actually know how to install it that way. Can anyone explain it to me so I can post instructions on the OP?

I'm using map sizes (roughly) from the Terra map script, and I'm thinking that it may be too large. I played almost a full game and contact was very long in coming, and there was room for settler expansion in the industrial age. A large map might be fine on an 'old world only' starts, but with 'start anywhere' I think it might be too big for the default numbers. Until I fix it, I recommend packing a few more civs in there than default.

Thinking more about it, both scripts are more mountainous (part of the reason why I like them) - could that have something to do with resource/CS distribution as well? In the meantime, I'll probably do as you suggest and add a couple more civs and start in the old world.
One other thing: In the next build could you put terrain option sliders (like rainfall, mountains, etc.) in the advanced setup menu? It'd make it much easier than going into the lua. Thanks!:goodjob:

EDIT: I should note that my test games were on standard map size, standard resources, etc.

@SlightlyMad, that's a good point - strategic resources are only strategic if you don't have any! Guess I'm just spoiled from nearly always getting them somewhat nearby. It would certainly be interesting if difficulty had an impact on resource distro..:think:

I uploaded the civ5mod file to the civfanatics database, but I don't actually know how to install it that way. Can anyone explain it to me so I can post instructions on the OP?

Usually it's pretty simple: DL, extract using winrar or something similar and drop the file into the MODS file in the Civilization 5 folder (the one under My Docs, not Steamapps).

Loved this map script for Civ4...I will certainly be trying it out again. :goodjob:

I can't wait for all the bugs and whatnot to be ironed out. :) Will get back to you about how it works out for me...

Kinda works the same way every Mod is activated/installed when your ingame-Modbrowser does not work:

1) Download the file "perfectworld_3_v_1.civ5mod" from CFC's databas, save anywhere on your harddisk.
2) Open that file using WinRar/7-zip, then extract both files you see ("PerfectWorld3(v1).modinfo" and "Perfectworld.lua")
3) Copy both files to the folder "X:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS" -- basically the place where all your other mods and mapscripts are located at
4) Activate the mod/mapscript ingame

-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for providing another great looking mapscript for the community :)

Top Bottom