PH S21E02: There is a Title

Sorry for the delay, I should have time to play my set tomorrow evening.

We got a fun new toy. Looking forward to trying it out on Carthage. Researching Battle Line next since it leads to one of the ambition techs. It kind of looks like a football game plan.
upload_2022-2-10_20-11-56.png

Carthage's leader died and was replaced by someone who hates us even more. I don't think I've ever seen an opinion that low.
upload_2022-2-10_20-12-56.png

Another Carthage city humbly decides to join our glorious empire. Carthage hates us even more.
upload_2022-2-10_20-14-59.png

With a little bit of creative force marching, I capture another city on this turn. Carthage begs for peace. The court laughs back at them - no truce for you! Carthage hates us even more.
upload_2022-2-10_20-17-52.png

And we completed a wonder on this turn? Holy crap, this turn has been productive.
upload_2022-2-10_20-21-55.png

We withdraw the company pension and take it to the horse races. Amazingly, we come back with more money than we left with! Frog face, for the win!
upload_2022-2-10_20-23-15.png

Whew, that was a busy turn. I don't think I've ever accomplished so much in such a short period of time.

Our son wants to marry a greedy person. Talk about gold diggers. I took the relation penalty and said "no!".
upload_2022-2-10_20-27-24.png

A marriage proposal arrives for our 20 year old - a 30 year old guy or a 40 year old guy? The 2x age gap is a little too creepy for me, so I choose the 30 year old guy.

Besides all the mushy romance, this is an uneventful turn.

We were chasing a Carthaginian ship. Inbetween turns, it ran away and ended its movement next to a barb camp. And the barbarians sank the boat. That was our prize kill, guys!

Carthage finally mounts a counterattack. They start prepping an onager to attack...our milita on a city site? Go home Carthage, I think your generals are drunk.
upload_2022-2-10_20-40-15.png

Troops are moving into position, going to capture some more cities in another turn or two. But that ends this turn without too much ado.

Another turn of shuffling and laying siege to cities.Going to be some more great news come next turn, but we'll live with modest gains. Strangely, no events to post screenies of!

I love Akkadian Archers! No brainer choice for me.
upload_2022-2-10_20-49-37.png

Another Carthage counterattack. They move a unit into our city...and promote it????

Attachments

• upload_2022-2-10_20-27-4.png
    upload_2022-2-10_20-27-4.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
...post continued, apparently I had too many images in the last one:
upload_2022-2-10_20-53-4.png

Founded two cities this turn:
upload_2022-2-10_20-56-23.png

The Gaul leader has a Geordi La Forge vibe going on.
upload_2022-2-10_20-59-54.png

We captured 3!!!! Carthage cities this turn, one after another. In other news, they dead.
upload_2022-2-10_21-1-54.png

Started construction of another wonder:
upload_2022-2-10_21-3-23.png

Played 5 turns, captured 5 Carthage cities. You guys teed me up well! Going to end this set on a high note: look at our vast empire!

upload_2022-2-10_21-9-12.png

There's light at the end of the tunnel. A DV is in sight. Will we be able to complete the game before it gets back to me?

I think at this point, we could focus on wonder building and win peacefully pretty quickly. Or we could turn our armies on Rome; they're the only nation listed as "weaker" than us. Which is crazy, since our surplus military budget has been running crazy for a while.

Last edited:
Roster
pir > UP NOW
pholk > warming up their clicker finger
ozbenno > taking a well deserved rest
jguy100 > just pwned some Carthage

Attachments

• EgyptTurn110.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
Carthage finally mounts a counterattack. They start prepping an onager to attack...our milita on a city site? Go home Carthage, I think your generals are drunk.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Another Carthage counterattack. They move a unit into our city...and promote it????
So they captured the city?

OK I will play as soon as... mmh I mean soon.

I was tempted to leave the onager alive. If I capture their last city, would their onager have turned into a barbarian onager?

great turns! i'm sure Oz carefully orchestrated the set-up to your turns :mischief: (which, of course, I'll do in fall from heaven) :lol:

also, in before pir finshes

upload_2022-2-12_23-53-17.png

You won't disembark here, sorry!

upload_2022-2-12_23-56-13.png

Let's improve spy network (don't we have too much money?)

upload_2022-2-12_23-56-42.png

This counts as a wonder!
upload_2022-2-12_23-58-46.png

Started the same for Christians, no jealousy!

I've put governors in charge, and moved troops towards Rome. I'd like to visit the city but only as owner.

one cognomen per turn?

upload_2022-2-13_1-7-53.png

upload_2022-2-13_0-57-26.png

upload_2022-2-13_1-26-57.png

DV is at hand.

Who whants to humiliate the Romans?

Attachments

• upload_2022-2-13_1-26-41.png
    upload_2022-2-13_1-26-41.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 25
  • EgyptTurn115.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 27
great set, PiR. i guess that's me to crash and burn bring it in smoothly. at this point, i think we got this.

got it and ready and waiting

hey now, this is your captain speaking, we cruising into our final destination, a domination victory . . .

what's that?

say what now?

there is no domination victory . . . what the hell kinda-

/scene

An ending in photos:
(open in a separate window pls; volume low)

Double victory. Knew it all the time

huzzah :woohoo:

[party]

nice job everyone! that was tons of fun!

if you want to take a look at the log and such after victory, attached is the autosave of t117; i just was attacking some roman units when it triggered so maybe a culture boost bumped a nearby city.

sorry this took longer than expected; i completely forgot yesterday was valentines day here in the states so i was with the missus.

Attachments

• EgyptTurn117.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: PiR
From diarrhea to victory…
yeah, typical valentines day.

i'd also be interested in another SG, starting in a week or two. some sort of babylon game maybe? for some reason, i have in my head a "no standing army/only militia" game

Top Bottom