Phaedo02- Rage_Against_The_Machine

I'm up again, right? If so, I'll play tomorrow. Hopefully, Alex will continue researching toward robotics. Any bets on whether he'll nuke Amsterdam again during my set? :crazyeye:

It looks like he's ignoring Stealth, to go for SS techs; he'll likely get Lasers during your set, which would probably see Phaedo finish up with Robotics.

Is that the whiff of victory we can smell?

Started later than anticipated; I'm 3 turns in now. Just stole the laser; the PPL will be built in Izumo in 2 turns.

First off, the save: View attachment Rage_1850_AD_Norton.SAV

Preflight: nothing but a couple more taxmen
IBT:
-5 bombers (5-0)
-new source of oil appears!
1: destroyer (6-0)
IBT: 5 bombers (11-0)
2: 2 destroyers (13-0)
IBT: 4 bombers (17-0)
3:
-Alex has the laser; safe steal succeeds!
-switch commercial dock in Izumo to PPL; due in 2
-2 destroyers (19-0)
IBT:
-1 bomber (20-0)
-Alex builds exterior casing
4: 1 destroyer (21-0)
IBT:
-2 bombers (23-0)
-finish PPL
5: 3 destroyers (26-0)
IBT: 5 bombers (31-0)
6: ---
IBT: 4 bombers (35-0)
7: 3 destroyers and a transport (39-0)
IBT: 3 bombers (42-0)
8: 1 destroyer and 1 battleship (44-0)
IBT:
-5 bombers (49-0)
-Alex builds PPL
9:---
IBT: 8 bombers (57-0)
10: 5 destroyers, 2 transports, and a battleship (65-0)

Notes:
-Amsterdam never got nuked!!! :p
-One tech and one part left.
-Whenever anyone researches the laser, I always think of Dr. Evil. Am I alone in this?

Nice work Norton. You seem to be setting up the winning sets lately. John Stockton couldn't do it better. This is my "got it." I don't think I'll be able to get to it until Friday but will do so then.

I won't jinx anything either but I do want to say what a pleasure it has been playing everyone and having Simp's input too.

So it looks like this might be the last set.
Load up the extras like CAII, notepad etc, re-read Norton's log.

Looks like some coastal defence and probably a nuke on the city of earthly delights.

One tech and one part and we're done. Hopefully that will happen this turn.

Set up my music
Open up the save and have a look see.

All I can say guys is that I am in awe. We are looking at a 19th Century Space Launch where we didn't spend a single penny on schience, barely had room fro 3 cities at the beginning and started with a rather weak civ. What a beautiful game. You guys rock!

Hit enter.

IBT shot down a bomber (1-0)

T1 1852
All dressed up and nowhere to go. Clear some pollution.

IBT 3 bombers down (4-0). New tech ot buy

T2 1854
3 destroyers and a transport (8-0)
Successfully steal Robotics
Start the Stasis Chamber (4 turns)
Greece has 9 pets built and we are on our way.

IBT 3 bombers down (11-0)

T3 1856
3 Battleships, 4 destroyers 2 transports and lost 2 bombers as I didn't see the artillery in New Suo until after I lost the bombers. (20-2)

IBT Amsterdam get nuked (shocker)
3 bombers (23-2)

T4 1858
Start the clean-up.
Decide Alex should pay for the nuke so use ours. So much for his core :evil:

IBT 6 bombers (29-2)

T5 1860
3 destroyers, a battleship and a transport (34-0)

IBT 5 Bombers
Stasis Chamber Built and we blast off

I just want to thank you all. That was the most exciting, most educational and most fun SG I've been a part of. A special hats off to our general, Buce and to Simple Monkey who was extremely helpful in the early days.

Off we go to show the world the true power of the Mongols :D

And the save just before the win if anyone wants to see the replay etc.

Attachments

• Rage_last_save.SAV
    312.1 KB · Views: 115
All I can say guys is that I am in awe. We are looking at a 19th Century Space Launch where we didn't spend a single penny on schience, barely had room fro 3 cities at the beginning and started with a rather weak civ. What a beautiful game. You guys rock!

And let's not forget that we entered the Middle Ages half an era behind, and played more than half the game with a busted rep.

I just want to thank you all. That was the most exciting, most educational and most fun SG I've been a part of. A special hats off to our general, Buce and to Simple Monkey who was extremely helpful in the early days.

Thanks, Phaedo, but this was a fantastic team effort - big-up to our DG virgins and our fearless Shogun.

Off we go to show the world the true power of the Mongols :D

Yep, 'The Son's of Ghengis Khan' (Rage Against The World) will be launched this weekend - but for now, crack open the champagne and pass around the cigars.........it's [party] time!

lurker's comment: Congratulations guys! Great game to lurk. I'll be lurking just as avidly in the second installment of the Rage series and wishing that I had anything approaching a measurable quantity of Civ time this summer.

Go Mongols!

Good work taking us home, Phaedo! It's been a blast--I'm definitely looking forward to Buce02.

lurker's comment: Congratulations, Phaedo and the rest of the crew! :goodjob:

Great job and a very impressive win! Never seen a no-research SS win before. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom