Pie's Ancient Europe

Its called Platy's world builder. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=491837. That thing is a work of genius.

I argee with some of bugs Icons taking up too much space. I never used them either (The unit stack stuff). I just liked what it did for the info screens like city and military advisers. But what they did with the civopedia did make it more easy to navigate in the sense that there were certain screens that one could go from units to upgrades to promotions in like 3 clicks. Every subject is also sorted by civ depending on what civ is in game or not. If it was to conflict with yours then screw it. It was my understanding that BAT made it so generic units like archers or axemen for instance, looked different from civ to civ. I may be wrong on that.

I believe that ethnic/civilization city art is from Varitas Dilicate (sp?). I may be wrong in this, as it's been awhile since i've played RFC/DOC.

hm. but I do use ethnic city and unit styles. or what do you mean?

Yup,, you do. I didn't think you did, but you do. Cross bat of the list. Actually, one of the things I don't prefer about RI is every time a unit shows up on my border I have to look up what it is because the unit styles are "too" diverse. It's nice eye candy, but it get's to be a chore when playing against 20 to 30 civs. I like that your units are diverse, but you can still tell an spearman from a swordsman without consulting the civopedia..

Yes ununcle, that's true! Ethnic units styles has to be used carefully!!! I hate that fact too, that you never know, how to fight the guys because even the weapons are different! I hate that, that's why I didn't have ethnic unit style till PAE IV. During time I collected enough styles from the fanatics database, so that a spearman looks like a spearman, only the cloths, armor or the skins are different. It was a nice work to figure them out, I remember.... lot's of nice textures by the great skinners of this forum!

I am very delighted, hroch. Please, play it just for fun and like "let things happen" and not figuring out every feature with a must (due to your strict modder eyes) ;)

I am very delighted, hroch. Please, play it just for fun and like "let things happen" and not figuring out every feature with a must (due to your strict modder eyes) ;)

I must say this was a temptation when I originally started playing, back in IV.

@Pie
You might as well check out the ultrapack itself.
Every python screen is modified from advisors to pedia to WB, yet pretty much every file can be standalone.

Given your python experience, it wouldn't be hard to choose which parts you like.

Yes, thanks platy! You, no your great python list, is already on my todo list ;) I will pick the best stuff out what is useable for interface!
ok and thanks for the hint of a full package! ;)

but at the moment, I am on a dead end with the OOS errors. even without the python folder and with zero events, I got an OOS in the very first turns.... PAE's development is on ice, till I haven't found the OOS reasons.... and I am fully clueless..... ;(

sorry ;(

As far as I understand all of those Popups that you use are not very multiplayer friendly in general.

No Horatius. I wrote, even without python I got them at once (with the scenarios).
And during time I've learned to mod that everything is MP compatbile. My interactive popups work with the ingame onNetMessage function. that's more complicated than a "simple" popup.

At the moment, I think that there is a problem in the XML so that CIV has a problem with certain buildings in cities, units or techs, they normally do not have but are set in the scenarios.... maybe...

The leader's diplo text? They are still standard BTS texts. I don't use my own.

oh... could it be that I've forgotten to give those leaders certain texts or is there a general text for that use? ... I'll have a look.

Hi, I am having some problems with the mod: when i get to turn 599 (year 561 B.C.), after "end turn" the game freezes. I attach the save file

could someone help me out here?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Roderich.CivBeyondSwordSave
    732 KB · Views: 54
Sorry, it happened that I changed some XML settings, that I can't test those saves anymore. I hope someone else can, Thorgal?
I don't want to change it back. Normally I wait about 3 weeks for fixing errors. Now it's time to continue development.

And what I found out about OOS: It's strange.

The AI of the first player (PC 1) builds 2 work boats, while the same AI of the other player (PC 2) does not.

How's that possible?!

Awesome mod, but the 18 Hellenistic civs scenario, due to it's many small islands with resources on them, makes an existing Civ 4 bug very annoying. Apparently this is no way to connect a resource on an island to your trade network without actually putting a city on that island?

For instance, just east of Athens, there's a one tile island with stone on it that quickly falls withing Athen's cultural boundaries. I sent a worker there, had him build quarry, even added a road, had Ship Building to permit routes over ocean, but--still I have no stone resources.

Are there any workarounds for this--either in this mod or in general--short of sticking a city on every single island?

Build a fort on it, which will act like a city if you don't want to build a city (if Pie did not disable that function...)

Oh Redux, yes, that's bad, that it's IN the cultural borders of a city! But that's BTS.
You just have the bonus goods but not the resource. only with road and fortress.

In PAE there is one extra feature like colonies in CIV III. Connected fortresses with a unit in it in noname land gives you the resource too. but the connection (road) must be save (visible all the time / PAE's black fog).

Pie, by "one extra feature like colonies in CIV III", do you mean the connected fort with a unit in it, or something else? If the latter, can you elaborate (i.e., what unit creates it or some such.).

Is there a FAQ or anything for this mod other than the in-game Civilpedia?

I'm stunned by the depth of changes you made--it's almost an entirely new game. I'm an ancient history buff, and I'm really enjoying the level of detail you've put into bringing more historical elements into the game.

Top Bottom