• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

PIE's Ancient Mediterranean on Deity

Didn't know you were father.

========

Looks like we got a lot of lurkers. I simply wasn't in this thread for the whole day and methinks I see 100 views. Interesting. Hope you'll tag along soon Lymond. We've got a underground fandom to nourish.

Didn't know you were father.
:lol::lol:no no no I'm not a a father, but I have one. It's Father's Day here in Americuh. Not sure if you Canuck types have a similar event.

Ok..so I think I'm about ready to put some turns in here.

Did you ever post a blurb over in the Pie's thread?

So where were you think we should place the next settler. We could settle up NW near the horse on coast which would be a free road along the way. Or we can settle towards the Numids for some barbary lions.

Maybe Isca will pick up the Egyptian religion for us.

:lol::lol:no no no I'm not a a father, but I have one. It's Father's Day here in Americuh. Not sure if you Canuck types have a similar event.

Didn't you know mah computer was made out of wood. :undecide:

Did you ever post a blurb over in the Pie's thread?

Is that a way to say: will there ever someone else to replace meeee? :evil:
PIE's thread is deserted right now.
Nope, didn't do it yet.

There are not interesting in my story; don't think they'll be more interested into something that asks more effort.

So where were you think we should place the next settler. We could settle up NW near the horse on coast which would be a free road along the way. Or we can settle towards the Numids for some barbary lions.

Maybe Isca will pick up the Egyptian religion for us.

Don't know yet. Our economy is quite weak at this moment. We are near zero +bpt near 50% slider and we both know raising the slider a tad more triggers RNG revolts.

Egyptian religion is now far weaker in use that it was. Remains only one available wonder (the second strongest though) from Defenses tech and it requires both gold and stone. We have stone, but I have seen only one gold plot and it is between Egypt and Lydia.

Also, multiple religions in a city is really really bad early. It gives a lot of unhappiness for religious tensions. Right now, if there were babylonian type civilization, I would focus on getting sumerian gods for the strongest wonder of the game: Tower of Babel (1 free spec in all cities and +4 diplo modifiers for all met leaders!). Then, the third state of good wonders come late and from Greek religion. The fourth stage is basically end game and it is roman religion wonders, but the game is finished by that moment. And those wonders are often weak.

I just meant to announce. I'm sure some might be interested in checking it out.

I'm gonna settle up near the horses and copper on the way to stone city.

This plague is annoying. MP are dying in the city further increasing unhappiness. I'm going to switch to Mercenary civic for more happy next turn.

Oh..did we lose one of our chariot/archer combos. I thought we had 4 of them. I going to turn one of our chariots into a hero ;)

never mind...Halstatt is shrinking every turn now. down to 5 so happy not an issue

Not another Ursus Urus 0_0.

BTW, I'll come back in 30 mins. Have some small urgent things to do.

Hat has olive oil. I'm tempted to trade teutons to her for now just for the extra health. I did get salt from Numids for cow. We will get our own salt from stone city eventually.

There's also a building allowing to get our own source of salt.

yeah, that 's what I meant above. Appears only certain cities can build it like stone city. Not sure what allows it. Maybe access to water or ocean.

Chariot Archer is a hero.

I'm building horses in halstatt to rush Dam. Stone almost online.

Oh! Wow! Never thought about preparation for a wonder like horses. It's true most of the time I wasn't in a hurry. I can't wait to see the capital with that wonder+paysant militia! One turn super chariot (don't forget to build a bronze-giver building in another city with lots of health...the resource will be spread for all connected cities just like normal resources) for a long time is gonna be killer!

The particularity for PAE is units are getting more costly for each one additional that is active.
Also, when bringing a massive stack of chariots, important to bring along druids. Bigger is the stack, stronger are the changes to be stuck by laking resources and diseases.

Bronze needs both copper and tin; stone city has tin. 7 :strength: chariots are the only mean to vanquish 4 :strength: archers, especially knowing chariot type of units have -50 :strength: modifier when attacking or defending a city.

Yep, I plan to get tin and copper up once we get the money. Merchants are slow right now ( i did get another barb merchants..ha), since cap is building Dam. Merchants to slow to build in other cities.

Tech is slow even with Observatory now in Halstatt.

3 horses and a new slave put about 170h in Dam. 5 turns left. (No stone bonuses on Henge or Dam - it just activates it. I started Henge elsewhere for fail gold)

oh...Halstatt has grown back into unhealth. That plague was brutal. I regret hooking up Lead. Was not thinking.

How bout trading teutons to Hat for olive for a while?

ansuh mah questions

Lymond's Turnset 5 "I'll be Dammed"

Ze Plague is killing our city and its defenses:

it would shrink to size 4 in the next few turns

Spoiler :

Merchants doing their thing:

Spoiler :

The plague is finally over...i dont' want that again:(

Spoiler :

Gotta love free merchants :):

Spoiler :

The middle option was kinda interestings as it gives +1 to all leaders while a bigger hit to Lydians but it was too much money:

Spoiler :

yay! moar beakers:

Spoiler :

I scouted past the Germs and found what appears to be a fairly large body of water:

Spoiler :

I popped a hut around there for a free worker who is hitching a ride. Chariot got sniped by tiger and is healing over in Germania.

I made this trade now since we need it, but we will get our own:

Spoiler :

This city will be slow to grow. Probably should camp it up:

Spoiler :

I thought of trading teutons for olive oil with Hat, but she wants stone too...no way:

Spoiler :

Defenses finally arrives and I move to Pillaging. I'd like to get the tech to open trading so we can trade some techs. Hat is always a step ahead:

Spoiler :

Pretty impressive there, Hunter, for just sitting on your ass:

Spoiler :

Our chariot Archer kills an Urus and enters the Pantheon of Heros. To represent his heroic endeavors and extreme valor, I name him Fred:

Spoiler :

The one true Gods:

Spoiler :

um..I don't think so, Lady:

Spoiler :

WTF?! :

Spoiler :

We got two free slaves during the build to help rush...plus 3 horses:

Spoiler :

Which resulted in this lovely:

Spoiler :

:beer:

And now Halstatt rocks:

Spoiler :

All the better to grow faster into unhealthiness :lol:

Still no Egyptian religion in Isca

I'm stopping here. Somewhat short and uneventful, but at least we achieved a big wonder. Halstatt should spam merchants.

I'm think we can settle somewhere near cedars eventually and maybe a city to the SW near Numids for Barbary lions/copper. Also, maybe that marble/fish city to the SE. Marble speeds up a lot of stuff including some regular buildings.

Attachments

• Boodycah BC-1272.CivBeyondSwordSave
    356.6 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom