• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

PIE's Ancient Mediterranean on Deity

I think 1SW might be better actually. Still get all cows and keep a riverside GH. Unless you just want more forests.

I'm not sure that is true. I think we need the Water Storage tech and Stone.

You're right! Phew. I thought the infamity of celt was extending to infinity. Funnily, both the cistern and the enabler tech have the same picture. Yes, we can get the Marib dam. We ought to get it!!!! :)

I made tests (and sadly I revealed one AI...merde...but at least we'll know rather early through religions) on a regenerated map (and I know chosen AI are kept through regenerations) and sadly we don't get buildings that are forbidden to us. Tough, what could be made is to give GScientist to a advanced nation just before invading it lol. I'm sure the wonder will be kept....and I'm thinking about the greek academies. Anyways, that's so much in the future.

Let's start. I'll make 2-3 turns and we'll continue tomorrow. Getting late here.

I think 1SW might be better actually. Still get all cows and keep a riverside GH. Unless you just want more forests.

Forests are as important in PAE as resources. Furthermore, we won't improve the cows for quite a time because we'll rush for the religion, which one will expand our borders.

Like this would be perfect. It's almost 100% riverside.

Spoiler :

I think this is gonna be a warmonger game. We are so much penalized on the tech side...without schools, libraries, ziggurats, etc.

Getting late here

:lol: I think we're past getting late here. Aren't we the same time zone?

Yep, play a few turns and let's see what we got. Then off for my obligatory 3 hours sleep and then a looooong day tomorrow :sleep: merde indeed!

:lol: I think we're past getting late here. Aren't we the same time zone?

Yep, play a few turns and let's see what we got. Then off for my obligatory 3 hours sleep and then a looooong day tomorrow :sleep: merde indeed!

Oh. We're too much civfans. :eek:
Next time, you should put a alarming message to avoid too much encroaching on RL. I'm not used to your timezone (although I should have guessed because we're both north american). You PR and I'm erstwhile Kaku (in the sense I was 1/4 of the time active this SGOTM).

without schools, libraries, ziggurats, etc.

:eek: fils de pute de merde!

Yeah, I'm cool with the start. We can get lotsa production from lumber yards anyway

I'm not used to your timezone (although I should have guessed because we're both north american).

:confused: Your Québécois right? Isn't it 5AM up there just like here in DC?

Mais putain, quel est ce langage? lol

Pig Frenchie :lol:

I took some years of French and watch a lot of French movies, but nah don't speak it well. My Mom was fluent in French.

Well, yeah. It's 5 AM too. Ooooh what have I done? I was too much enthusiastic. Anyways, will upload the new save. The start is simply fantastic (but a bit than the indian one with cowtastic start).

I think we may target as a final move to beeline those insane teuton knights and kill everyone with them. It's stronger than elephants against cities!

I think we may target as a final move to beeline those insane teuton knights and kill everyone with them. It's stronger than elephants against cities!

We shall raise Druidic War on all the Heathens with Christian Knights!!! :lol: Bring it on!

Alright, bonsoir..um...good morning

Pick this up later tomorrow today

Spoiler :

Now, on T5, we can commit on Mysticism. A trick to avoid partial free tech from goody hut.

Attachments

• Tachywaxon BC-3960 - 5 turns stop - can commit tech now!.CivBeyondSwordSave
    65.8 KB · Views: 41
OK, a bit later, I'll play 15-25 turns...representing a whole turnset.

Also, I will try to find the exact place about deforestation. I simply hate this implementation (it's awful to see all AI's losing 90% of their forests because they spam units) and I'm almost sure there is some XML values that stand as RNG just like RNG for tribute for example. Once found, I'll report it here. Deforestation is crap.

That's a pretty lush looking cap. Hopefully some more forests will pop up in there. Can Swamp ever be terraformed?

Yeah, I figured you could not spam Teutons, but they will still be strong. They will be the can openers.

Fishing! We have already won :lol:

That's a pretty lush looking cap. Hopefully some more forests will pop up in there. Can Swamp ever be terraformed?

Yeah, I figured you could not spam Teutons, but they will still be strong. They will be the can openers.

Fishing! We have already won :lol:

Swamps can be terraformed with Irrigation Canals...:hammer2:. And only if those swamp tiles are next to the city square. Originally, I think Aqueduc did the job for the whole BFC, but I don't see this anymore. Anyways, there are insufficient swamp tiles to generate a sick face and with the Marib Dam, we'll have too much food...I can assure you. All tiles will be either positive or neutral food.

Trivia: Did you know flood plains could grow just like forests, dense forests and jungles? I don't think swamps do because I haven't seen this yet.

Will you be present later for stronger discussions like around between 7 PM to 9PM?

BTW, Gphstage will possibly join soon.

I did not know that about FPs...veddy eenteresting

Yeah, I should be around

BTW, Gphstage will possibly join soon.

Most excellent

Hey, I discovered this; that was PAE_V patch 4 though, not sure it still stands:

-) dense forest gets to normal forest in deforestation due to unit production

Thus deforestation could help us to transform some of those heavy forests into normal forest, which equate a free +0.25 :health: each. Trading strong outputs for bigger capital...hmmm...still looking how to deactivate deforestation though. Still, we got normal forests in the BFC, which means they are endangered before the dense forests...hmmm.

Found this too:
Important info for incoming players...if they accept:

ineName>MIN_ANIMAL_STARTING_DISTANCE</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>
<Define>
<DefineName>MIN_BARBARIAN_STARTING_DISTANCE</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>2</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>
<Define>
<DefineName>MIN_BARBARIAN_CITY_STARTING_DISTANCE</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>3</iDefineIntVal>