Pirate Cove

FM_Freyland

Vote with your wallets!
Sorry for my ignorance, but what the heck exactly does the Cove do? I blew a worker the other day and appreciated the change in terrain, but I am unclear on the advantage. I seem to remember reading eons ago something about providing a 'hide-out' of sorts, but I could be wrong.

Thanks, sorry for the clutter.

Jonathan

To ask an truely ignorant question, how the heck do you build one? what tech does it take? I tried loading a worker onto a galleon and building it on the coast but that didnt work. Funny though i was able to build some roads ont he water, i Guess thats a bug :)

Anyway - im lost on the whole cove thing.

Only the Lanun can build them (since they require the Seafaring tech which only the Lanun can get). They can build them right from the start - it consumes the worker though.

FM_Freyland said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but what the heck exactly does the Cove do? I blew a worker the other day and appreciated the change in terrain, but I am unclear on the advantage. I seem to remember reading eons ago something about providing a 'hide-out' of sorts, but I could be wrong. Jonathan

Ihad a very intersting map for my Lunan game. My starting area was sort of like a Pac-Man with open mouth just 'kissing' (or about to start biting) a large continent. The 'open mouth' was a large inland sea. I place two citeis, one on each 'lip'. Then I used a cuple pirate coves to further narror each 'lip'.

The end result was two tremendous forts on my border. Each city could be reached from the continent from only 1 tile. There was no way to bypass a city, because of the water. So an invader had to take one of these cities in order to threaten any of my main kingdom. (Or face the Lunan at sea.) And the crowner was the two cites+the inland sea formed a huge canal. I could sail my ships from ocean through a city to the inland sea, then back out to ocean again through the second city. And unless both cites were sieged at the same time, they could reinforce each other via ships faster than an enemy could march around the outer shore. It was about the coolest opening area I've had. Thank the gods my neighbor decided to attack me, so I got to actually use the defenses. :D

Sounds neat i will have to give hte lunan a try after i stop obsessing about the calabim, theres just something fun about eating your citizens. Call me crazy but if drinking blood is wrong i just dont wanna be right :)

Drinking blood isn't wrong, I'm sure blood would be sold as drinks if it weren't so... well, don't know what the right word is, probably thick dense (something to do with its textures).

Viscous. Quality word.

any chance you could post a savegame? i can't really see how it works out

Deathling said:
Drinking blood isn't wrong, I'm sure blood would be sold as drinks if it weren't so... well, don't know what the right word is, probably thick dense (something to do with its textures).

In my empire it is, it's called "BloodPep" and "BloodPep Lite" (Which of course tastes great but is less filling). Moms feed it to their children, never heard of it ? Sigh. :crazyeye:

You should market New BloodPep which everyone'll hate, then rename it BloodPep Classic and make millions.

You obviously took that joke from the last episode of season one of Futurama :p

Well, it was supposed to be a reference to that rather than stealing it :)

'sdies, it's not like it was original then :p

Top Bottom