Planetfall

Patch 13e for Planetfall, the Alpha Centauri total conversion mod for Civ4 BtS, has been released. This patch needs to be applied on top of the main v13 file of Planetfall. Patch e is incompatible with games started under previous patches.

Changelog:

1. Fixed Mount Planet and Condenser graphics by Lord Tirian.
2. Updated building and cityset graphics by GeoModder.
3. Datalinks text by Pickly.
4. The Armor unit has been renamed to Siege Tank.
5. Bugfix: fungus will no longer bloom under Bunkers.
6. Bugfix: Yang can only rush Genejack Factories with population now.
7. Bugfix: factions can be invited to the Planetary Council.

Is there a way to install / use this mod on Mac OS X?

I've tried searching the forum, but I get a hit on every single thread page when using terms like, "Mac" "OS X" etc.

Sorry, Mac doesn't accept custom dlls, For all practical purposes everything outside python/xml is hardcoded in the Mac version of Civ4, thus mods like this which required modifying the SDK simply will not work.

Sorry, Mac doesn't accept custom dlls, For all practical purposes everything outside python/xml is hardcoded in the Mac version of Civ4, thus mods like this which required modifying the SDK simply will not work.

Thank you for the info. I'm sad to hear that. AC was a great game and there's no port (that I'm aware of) for OS X.

In 13d I could attack Santiagos foils without having war, and she could block my trade.
The foils had Santiagos banner, no red pirates.
This happened after I refused a "demand" of her.

Is this a special ability from her, or was it a bug?

Kind regards,

Limboldt

I think I may have found a bug. I'm playing a team game with me (Zakharov) and Morgan on Team 1 vs. 2 other teams, so I can see Morgan's cities and check their status and all that.

Anyways, for some reason, Morgan's city is growing (as would be expected), whereas mine is not. Not even a single Nutrient per turn, despite the tiles around my base having more than enough Nutrients to supply my needs. I went to City View and it shows two tiles being worked, both with 2 Nutrients on them, and yet none of those Nutrients are going towards city growth. I haven't messed around with anything in-game, so I have no idea why this might be happening.

Also, I have the 13e patch installed, in case anyone is wondering.

I think I may have found a bug. I'm playing a team game with me (Zakharov) and Morgan on Team 1 vs. 2 other teams, so I can see Morgan's cities and check their status and all that.

Anyways, for some reason, Morgan's city is growing (as would be expected), whereas mine is not. Not even a single Nutrient per turn, despite the tiles around my base having more than enough Nutrients to supply my needs. I went to City View and it shows two tiles being worked, both with 2 Nutrients on them, and yet none of those Nutrients are going towards city growth. I haven't messed around with anything in-game, so I have no idea why this might be happening.

Also, I have the 13e patch installed, in case anyone is wondering.

Please post a screenshot of this issue or even better a save. Without it is kind of impossible to say what is going wrong.

In 13d I could attack Santiagos foils without having war, and she could block my trade.
The foils had Santiagos banner, no red pirates.

Are you sure you're not confusing the unit's flag with the button for the 'Commando' promotion?

If that isn't the issue, I'd need a save file.

I went to City View and it shows two tiles being worked, both with 2 Nutrients on them, and yet none of those Nutrients are going towards city growth.

Every citizen consumes two nutrients. Or perhaps you're constructing a colony pod or former.

If that isn't the issue, I'd need a save file.

LOVE THE MOD!!! TX SOOOO MUCH 4 ALL YUR HARD WORK.
I READ YOU INTEND TO ADD THE XFIRE CIVS, I EAGERLY AWAIT. HOWEVER IF YOU INTEND ON ADDING PIRATES I SUGGEST YOU TRANQ THE SEA LIFE THEY ARE BRUTAL. I'VE PLAYED ON WARLORD LEVEL AND GET SMEARED TRYING TO WORK THE COASTLINES.
sorry bout caps, i have fallen significantly behind each time so decided to forake coasts.
thanks again

Every citizen consumes two nutrients. Or perhaps you're constructing a colony pod or former.

I am indeed constructing a Former (I like to get a few Workers out there early on). So constructing a Former consumes all my Nutrients for the duration of its building time?

I READ YOU INTEND TO ADD THE XFIRE CIVS, I EAGERLY AWAIT.

Try to start a game in the "Expansion Era" and you can play 4 of them (Consciousness, Pirates, Angels and Drones) already. If you start in the default Arrival era, those 4 will enter the game later as CPU factions when certain techs get researched.

CelticGodReborn said:
So constructing a Former consumes all my Nutrients for the duration of its building time?

Correct.

Are you sure you're not confusing the unit's flag with the button for the 'Commando' promotion?

Ok, "Commando" could be the point, I did not know that this includes so many "extras",
and that it is possible to attack these units.

hey i was wondering do you have playable versions of the Alien Crossfire factions i cant find them

You can start a game with them in version 13 patch e. Just start a Custom Game, make a chance in one of the options (like difficulty level or the type of map) and 4 of the SMACX factions should be selectable in the civ list.
Don't forget to adjust the option you changed back to how you like it though (maptype, difficulty level,...). ;)

They're not in the game yet. They're a little different than the other factions, so I expect it'll take a little more time to finish them up.

Another potential bug, my land based units can "walk" on water tiles inside my borders. when they do this a small transport foil appears, but doesn't show in the unit stack. Im using the current patch (13e) is this supposed to happen?

Nachtjager,

Yes, this is supposed to happen when units move across water in yer cultural borders. You will see when you go back on land that the foil disappears.

Top Bottom