Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Maniac, Nov 30, 2007.
Thank you very much for this wonderful mod. I really like SMAC setting but AI in the original game is too stupid so it is not very interesting to play now.
I downloaded it but ran into some kind of bug. All seven original faction leaders are named Pravin Lal everywhere (including civilopedia) and all original factions are called PK (abbreviation from PeaceKeepers, I suppose). Civilopedia text for factions is missing too though it should be there as I understand. Also some cities are randomly named NN and also all Morgan corporations are named this way except Morgan 3dVision for some reason. And I play English version but in some random places the text is French.
Can it be somehow fixed? I play 3.19 with the latest version of Better AI if it is important.
Despite what you say, the only way this can happen is if your language is not set to English.
Really? Then how will you explain this:
PS And what about this problem, that we all are Peacekeepers now?
Is it too connected with language settings?
Laughter is not going to make me likely to help you.
Perhaps you are playing a Russian localization in which the first text tag is taken by Russian, and the second one by English. In the main version the first language tag is taken by English and the second tag is taken by French. So when in your localization you select English ("the second language tag"), for text added by Planetfall the incomplete French text is shown.
't Seems like Civ4 was indeed released in a Russian version. Chances are the second language would be English then.
If this guy indeed has a Russian copy, he's definitely screwed.
Unless of course that selecting his own language solves the problem.
Oh, thank you! It looks like you are right. I switched to Russian version and now the English text is present where it was French before. The problem with leaders and faction names is also solved.
Is there some more elegant way to fix it? From the gameplay point of view everything is OK now but aesthetically I don't like to see this terrible mixture of Russian and English text (the Russian translation is awful, btw).
It's interesting, but base names also got changed for some reason. For example, the first base for Morgan was Fountainhead before and now it's Morgan Industries as in original game.
And sorry for laughter, I didn't mean it to be insulting. Thank you for the mod once again!
Tried to play it.
Took Morgan, got a lot of energy from supply pods, rushed a bunch of impact infantry and conquered Gaians at M. Y. 178. Peacekeepers and may be University will follow shortly after that I think. And I even didn't beeline nuclear energy and didn't focus on this gameplan in any other way. I played noble for the first time but nevertheless...
I think an ability to rush units makes Morgan too good a warmonger. May be it would be better to make it activated later, after some technology is discovered?
Quick modding question: How did you get the hybrid civic to modify feature yields? Is it done through python, or did you have to mess around with the CvGameCoreDLL?
Hey, decided to give this mod a shot (absolutely love anything futuristic) and about halfway through Init I get hit with a GFC error. The folder is in the right place and I haven't changed the name, any ideas?
Patch BtS to 3.19. Even if you think you're patched, you are not. The game's automatic updator fails, and lies saying it patched the game when it did not, so don't use it; you need to download the patch from here on civfanatics (look in download section), and manually install.
Patch 13f for Planetfall, the Alpha Centauri total conversion mod for Civ4 BtS, has been released. This patch needs to be applied on top of the main v13 file of Planetfall. Patch f is incompatible with games started under previous patches.
I had already uploaded a patch f earlier this week, but not yet announced it. It turns out I had included a file with a wrong theme reference in that patch, causing a GFC error. People who have already downloaded patch f before will have to redownload it to fix this error.
1. Updated Hyperian and Helian animations, and Greenhouse, Thorium and Commune graphics by Lord Tirian.
2. Updated building and cityset graphics by GeoModder.
3. Datalinks text by Pickly.
4. The Uranium resource has been renamed to Thorium.
5. Radiotrophic Fungus resource has been added. It provides +1 Planet in all bases.
6. Mount Planet now provides an Iridium resource.
7. Hydrothermal Vent has been added as a health resource.
8. The Rubidium resource has been removed.
9. The Hacker unit and specialist have been renamed to Datajack.
10. The Psion unit starts with the native Empath Song promotion for free.
11. Planetary Transit System secret project added at Superstring Theory. It creates a Dimensional Gate in every base.
12. The Biodomed civic now provides +1 energy to Kelp and no longer to Sea Mills and Tidal Harnesses.
13. Algaculture and Pressure Dome have switched positions in the tech tree. Its contents have been reshuffled.
14. Voting for and passing the resolution to expel Hybrids from Council sours relations with Hybrids.
15. Extra variety to artillery graphics added: graphics switch with certain special abilities. Thanks to White Rabbit.
16. 50-yearly Historian popup made more SMACish.
17. The military production modifier from Wealth is now correctly calculated.
Thanks for the new Mod, Maniac. But do you really mean this patch, patch f? Because this statement could be taken to mean that patch f is compatible with patch e?
Live long and prosper.
Thank you, thank you, and thank you to all who helped make an excellent mod.
I have always enjoyed(still do) the SMAC and SMAX games but felt that the map and unit graphics were getting a bit dated. Planetfall actually makes Civ4 BTS into a new game,...well mostly,...it does come close to a complete conversion.
I just started playing this mod, so I don't have any bug reports or glitches to report yet, but I'll let you know if there are any problems in a kindly way.
And did I say Thank you for all the work? It truly is appreciated here.
Patch 13g for Planetfall, the Alpha Centauri total conversion mod for Civ4 BtS, has been released. This patch needs to be applied on top of the main v13 file of Planetfall. Patch g is incompatible with games started under previous patches.
1. Hydrothermal Vent pedia text by Pickly added.
2. Datajack and Transcend specialists provide +6 science to the Consciousness.
3. The Datajack unit can spend espionage points in a rival city, like the vanilla Great Spy.
4. 33% more Xenofungus is placed on land during map generation.
5. Transcendence Victory added. A new pedia page explains the details. Simply put, you need to have a positive Planet Attitude when the Flowering Counter reaches 100.
I realize that at this point it is rather difficult to actually get a Flowering Counter of 100, but I figured I'd already add the victory condition, so that I can playtest to finetune the various effects on the Flowering Counter without having to worry about still coding that victory condition later on.
I do love this mod and I loved the original game as well. I've been following this and playing it for a while.
I was playing through a recent game with patch f and I got a surprise...I actually won!!
The thing that confuses me is that it gave me a transcendence victory and I dont think I was anywhere close to one. I was playing the Gaians was trying to max out my planetary values. The flowering counter was at 24 (not near the 100 that was needed) I had two votes with the concordat to increase flowering, but the counter was still only at 24.
The last wonder I built was the Planetary Council. It was after that, the victory screen came up and I was just baffled because i didnt think I was close to that.
I will continue from the last save I had from it and will see if I can give you a save just before the victory screen. Hopefully this will give you something to check out until I give you a save.
EDIT: Didnt take me long to get to the victory. Ending the turn will trigger the victory. Do the play one more turn after all the victory screens and look around. Even under victory conditions, I dont meet any of them.
New and Improved Planetfall patch 13g!
Now with 33% more Xenofungus!
I switched off the transcendence and diplomatic victories for my next game since it seems the trans victory is linked to the planetary council.
Anyways, while playing, I got my first transcend to make the Concordat and realized that it wouldnt let me build it (I had the holy city). When I checked the datalinks, it says I need to have diplomatic victory enabled for it.
Just curious why you would restrict this. This would be more in line with a religious victory, but w/o ths Concordat, how else can we increase the flowering counter or even get greater planet points? You may wish to remove this and just make it like any other religious cathedral.
Runned into the problem as well, very likely a bug.
There are still other ways (not everything both generates PV and inceases FC, but usually the other is at least helped indirectly):
- Built buildings which directly give you PV, allow you to employ Empaths or give you extra PV from ressources
- collect such ressources (trade or settling nearby)
- settle down Transcendents you receive
- allow fungus in the base radii (by settling close or planting)
- don't allow your bases to become too big
- avoid damaging improvements like farms and boreholes
- run Hybrid
- run VoP as religion (best combined with Fundamentalism)
Patch 13h for Planetfall, the Alpha Centauri total conversion mod for Civ4 BtS, has been released. This patch needs to be applied on top of the main v13 file of Planetfall. Patch h is incompatible with games started under previous patches.
This small patch fixes the Transcendence victory.
Separate names with a comma.