Platy's Peculiar Pleasant Posh Python

I really like the pictures for each civ in the background, however I think they might be too colorful/contrastful, which makes it a bit difficult to see the foreground, so I started a little project ;)
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Attachments

• India.jpg
    India.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 274
  • tiles.jpg
    tiles.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 298
Surprisingly you got so much free time now :D

If you find any more suitable pics for any of them, feel free to replace too

Actually I used the same procedure on all the pics :
Load DXTBMP, Send to editor (photoshop), ->
Photoshop : Paste parchment overlay layer (blend mode :multiply), minus 60%-70% saturation, plus 60-70% lightness, flatten image, save ->
DXTBMP : Reload image, save dds 1 with mipmap. (should it have mipmaps? not sure it makes a difference?)

All the pics took less than one hour, minus the replacements (there was some nice, but dark pics, that wasnt good with the light parchment overlay.)

but... i actually loaded VIP to fix something there, and got completely sidetracked with UUUU :D

So, maybe if I do a search of the cannot train function in all of the python it might turn up something in the BUG that disabled it.. Hmm maybe on that note i should try a building out too and see if it works for cannot build or not..

Didn't your create a CvFuryRoadGameUtils with those functions?

You're right, I just went back and looked, and the immigrants code uses cannot train... in CvFuryRoadGameUtils and I am fairly certain that works, it must have worked when I tested many moons ago and that was with BUG....

So the million dollar question is.... How can this new knowledge resolve my current issues..

I can't find the bit of platy code that refers to the cannot train function...

But then I am code stupid!

I remember I smooshed the other bits of immigration code into other files that used the callbacks, I tried it briefly with the platy code, but could not get that to work..

aha I found it, so maybe if I move those functions from game utils to my fury road game utils that might work...

The thing with BUG is simply to specify the modules and stuff on Config. You have <gameutils module="CvFuryRoadGameUtils" class="CvFuryRoadGameUtils"/> in K-Fallout.xml, so it should work in that file.

man it has been so long since I fiddled with python stuff, I forgot what I had to do to get it to work last time :D

right well moment of truth.... the game is loading!!

Hooray! After a quick brawl with the formatting it worked!

Cheers Guys! Man this was making my head hurt! :D

Now I need to wrap my head around all the fun things to do with all these new toys :D

@vincent
Welcome back, heard your good news :D

@Lib
Whether they are set to 1 or not is not the question.
Whether they are active after setting to 1 is the question.
AFAIK, bug disabled some functions there, such as Widget Help, if so then it is obvious nothing done there will work.

They did not disable Widget Help you just do it differently see here in particular post 8. Basically when you define your python to BUG in the module config file you define the widget and help text. Thus no need to change GameUtils at all.

@Vincent
Yeah, of cos I want it :D

@Dh
You know what I meant. They disabled the function in CvGameUtils and force modders to modify the same function somewhere else. Hence, whatever codes you typed in CvGameUtils that should have worked will no longer work.

@Dh
You know what I meant. They disabled the function in CvGameUtils and force modders to modify the same function somewhere else. Hence, whatever codes you typed in CvGameUtils that should have worked will no longer work.

It is clear to me that the point of BUG is to make the creation of new python modules more convenient. You don't need CvGameUtils. You create your own python module and use the necessary functions that you need there, calling them out through a xml file in Config.

Again, convenient when starting a mod from scratch.
It is when merging BUG in or a python mod component in BUG that troubles arise - when you don't know what to do: which is quite simple.

My complaint about BUG is just lack of a good tutorial.

Ultrapack

1) Changed civ specific backgrounds to Vincent set

2) Removed civ specific background as an option, since it will no longer be a hindrance for certain civs.

3) Set transparent panels as a default, still an option

4) Fix a bug in Espionage screen

5) Rewrite combat filter codes for city screen in CvMainInterface, to allow python in game testing without generating errors. No difference for players.

@Horatius
When modders understand how to use it, it is a convenience.
When modders don't understand, it is a hindrance.

For experienced python modders, they know how to mod directly in CvGameUtils without this convenience.
For inexperienced python modders, they won't know how to mod even with this convenience.

Your unique victory movie component has an invalid download link. Could you reupload it? It would surely come in handy for some mod I'm making.

If you dont see it in the first page, it has been removed.

Removed? Why? I would have really liked to use it in my mod.
I thought it was a very nice component which many mods could use.

Every now and then, I remove some downloads, because quality > quantity.

Stuff that are part of another pack, stuff that have too few downloads, aka not so popular, stuff that on second look I know is bugged and can't be bothered to fix are slowly deleted.

You noticed that all standalone traits are removed as well.
Things don't last forever :D
While stocks last

Is it in one of the packs? If not...is there any way I could get that component?

Top Bottom