Platy's Peculiar Pleasant Posh Python

Just add one line to check if player owns a building class

Any chance you can fix your platypedia with the leaders? The leader is clearly to square, and looks slightly distorted

Attachments

• fla.jpg
    fla.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 133
Actually, comparing it with BTS pedia, I don't really see what is the issue :D
What happens is they truncate off the top and bottom, so shouldn't be distorted.

Attachments

• aa0001.JPG
    aa0001.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 166
  • bb0000.JPG
    bb0000.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 165
distorted is not really the word, it does appear to be slightly stretched horizontally, which has more impact on the dds image than a proper leaderhead and only because I see them side by side.

I think platys works better for the 3d LH, but the sevopedia one works better for dds as it looks like a portrait with a frame (all be it a very flat and boring grey frame) :D

Hey Platy

I have a couple of suggestions/issues with UI pack :D

I love the fullscreen advisors, but would it be possible to "spread out" the faces, so they are optimized for screen resolution (everything else is afaik) ;)
Spoiler :

Also, the XP bar in lower left corner reveals the outcome of the battle before battle is started (?). If I attack someone, the xp will go up, so I already know that I won.

cheers

Ultrapack changes:

1) Adjustments to Foreign Advisor screen for higher resolution screens for relationship mapping. (Not tested since impossible on a laptop)

2) @Experience
Actually all along in BTS, you can tell the outcome once battle started since the movement circle icon tells you directly if you are alive or dead. So... it is no big deal to display same effect in XP bar :D

Hides XP bar and Movement icon while units are fighting (BTS Fix)

I can confirm that everything works perfectly ;) I didnt even know about the movement circle?? :lol:

I really like the detail where, if there are few contacts the icon is enlarged. Cant remember if its a Platy thing or vanilla, but its a nice feature.
I'm really enjoying playing with the PlatyUI. It seems faster than vanilla, but maybe thats just me :crazyeye:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Can't remember myself but I think it should be vanilla feature.
If it is platy vs bts, the difference in performance shouldn't be that great since the only file in ultrapack that affects turn time is main interface.
But frankly speaking, there are alot of useless codes in vanilla files.

Hey platy, I am just doing a bit of a feature mine, and I was wondering, is everything in that first list a part of ultra pack?

XML Scripts
Vic Types
BN Mod components
RO Mod components

Or do each of those things need to be downloaded seperately?
1 at a time or does each 'section' have a 'pack' version somewhere?

Ultrapack is solely UI enhancements, similar to BUG, no changes to the game rules.
Thus, everything else that change the game are all excluded.

Ultrapack is solely UI enhancements, similar to BUG, no changes to the game rules.
Thus, everything else that change the game are all excluded.

As far as I know, BUG does not alter game rules either. That is what the U stands for, unaltered. It is just UI changes plus enables modular python for modders.

Ultrapack

City Name Changes
The longest City Name in BTS is Indian City Gangai Konada Cholapuram.

1) However, rename city feature only allows user to set name to 15 length.
Thus, I extend it to 25.

2) For such a super long named city, the city screen is screwed as it will overlap with the Defense text display.
Thus, adjustments are made to reduce font size if it will overlap.
Again, this is a BTS fix, since this 23 length City is valid in BTS...

File Changes:
CvEventManager, CvMainInterface

Attachments

• CityName10000.JPG
    CityName10000.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 117
  • CityName20000.JPG
    CityName20000.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 134
Also, the XP bar in lower left corner reveals the outcome of the battle before battle is started (?). If I attack someone, the xp will go up, so I already know that I won.

Is this a bug in bts? Can you select a different unit to see who will defeat the best defender? Any chance I could get a screen shot of that?

Thanks

Hey platyping, Lib.Spi't said that you had some events with images python thingy or something.
But I can't find anything like that anywhere. If he was mistaken, would it be possible to create such a component with python?

Not mine.
It was already done by someone else, whether sdk or python I did not bother to check :D

I already thought that, but I can't edit SDK/DLL so I'm trying to find an easier solution. It seems it is possible to do it with python (the next war thing displays an image with an event "cracked earth!") but I have no idea how to modify an event or something. I'm asking you for help because you seem be extremely good at python things.

Top Bottom