1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Play Deity like Chieftain

Discussion in 'Civ3 Strategy Articles' started by laconic, Jun 18, 2004.

1. laconic

laconic Chieftain

Tomoyo, yes. I had preserve random seed on. That will force me not to reload. ^_^ When I first play it, I can't resist not to save/load if a supper-spearman standing and laughing at me. :-@

Aggie, Thanks. Your post is interesting. I should say I won't do a test like that. I am too lazy. ^_^ For my experence, if the Preserve Random Seed is on, player must do something like investigate cities or wait a long time after steal 4 techs successfully.

2. goyal

goyal Chieftain

won't the AI's start exploiting u having so much money....

3. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir Chieftain

People write many articles on playing civ.

Don't try to explain how to play deity in 1 page.

You covered about 5% of everything. That what you covered is one sided, does not look at different situations and somethings are very wrong.

You NEVER starve a citizen because it is unhappy. Temples and the like are simply not worth being built.

4. Longasc

Longasc Chieftain

This brings me to a good question: Can you build Cathedrals without Temples?

I do agree, on Deity (or Demigod - still not comfortable with Deity) temples are not sooo effective overall, but I would have problems without Cathedrals.

I want to add: This guide has some true points, but it surely does not make anyone able to beat Deity level from say, Monarch-Emperor level up to now.

But I also want to say, advice must always be somehow one-sided. There is no point in covering any possible situation, as there is no point in criticizing every piece of advice because it does not cover everything or is as true as set in stone.

5. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir Chieftain

That depends on how you bring the advise and what name you give the thread.

6. Tomoyo

Tomoyo Fate

That brings me to my rule of thumb: All other rules of thumb are wrong. :p

(And you can't build cathedrals without Temples, but temples are a cheap way of expanding your borders)

7. Longasc

Longasc Chieftain

Do not say such things, I love my rules of thumb. :)