Play Europe Again

This is my favorite map to use and I was wondering if there was anyway to move Dido to the Carthage traditional starting spot instead of in the Middle-East?

If nothing else could you please let me know if there is a way for me to adjust the game files?

Thank you for your continued hard work on keeping all of your MOD's updated!!!!!
Yes, see https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-to-add-and-change-tsl-for-a-ynamp-map.621143/

The Phoenicia civ name type is
Code:
CIVILIZATION_PHOENICIA

As the custom xml file is loaded after the base files of the mod, any value you set there will replace the current position.

I'm fine with Dido starting in the middle east - having fun with the idea of founding Carthage in its historical spot later and antagonizing Rome, maybe fighting for Sicily or something - but had to customize this file as well, as Phoenicia starts uncomfortably close to Arabia (in fact Saladin came over with his starting warriors and ended my first try pretty quickly).
I'd suggest putting Arabia's starting spot in the Mecca area. They have an alternative spot in northern Africa, but they're a strange fit there.
It's also strange that the Middle East belongs to Africa (although helpful in this particular scenario)

Playing this now and it is a good map-mod. Some changes could make it a lot better though; add Poland and replace the Zulus with Arabs. Remove Byzantine and let the Ottomans rule the ground.

Hi Gedemon, first of all, A big thanks to you, I am a really big fan of Civilization, starting with the classic sid Meirs in early 90`s, I get engaged again with CIV 6, and I found your mod and maps really exciting.
I got some issue trying to modify this map, most probably I did some mistake following your protocol to create a map from log in world builder, I attached the zip file of LUA.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Isi_P-mod_Map.zip
    49.6 KB · Views: 176
can you also post your lua.log after you try to launch the map please ?

Top Bottom