1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Play Europe Again

Discussion in 'Yet (not) Another Maps Pack' started by Gedemon, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Yes, see https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-to-add-and-change-tsl-for-a-ynamp-map.621143/

The Phoenicia civ name type is
    Code:
    CIVILIZATION_PHOENICIA
    As the custom xml file is loaded after the base files of the mod, any value you set there will replace the current position.

2. Melkus

Melkus Chieftain

I'm fine with Dido starting in the middle east - having fun with the idea of founding Carthage in its historical spot later and antagonizing Rome, maybe fighting for Sicily or something - but had to customize this file as well, as Phoenicia starts uncomfortably close to Arabia (in fact Saladin came over with his starting warriors and ended my first try pretty quickly).
    I'd suggest putting Arabia's starting spot in the Mecca area. They have an alternative spot in northern Africa, but they're a strange fit there.
    It's also strange that the Middle East belongs to Africa (although helpful in this particular scenario)