Please Read: Welcome to the C-IV GOTM

We aim for maximum comparability between submissions, so mods that change game play cannot be used.

Is it still the case that the current version of HOF mod supports BTS v3.13 and not 3.17?

If I want to take part in the BOTM, should I still refrain from updating to 3.17 until when/if HOF mod is updated to 3.17?

Is it still the case that the current version of HOF mod supports BTS v3.13 and not 3.17?

Correct

If I want to take part in the BOTM, should I still refrain from updating to 3.17 until when/if HOF mod is updated to 3.17?

Also correct. Though you could do a dual install.

I just dl gotm 33 and the HOF mod directed to on the GOTM page.
When trying to load the save, it turns out that the mod supplied is HOF mod 1.74.003 and not 1.74.002 as required?

What to do, what to do??

update: Found the HOF 1.74.002 mod and downloaded it. Started CIV 4, loaded the mod and then proceedED to load the GOTM 33 save.
LOAD FAILS ON ACCOUNT OF "THE SAVE FILE YOU HAVE SELECTED IS PROTECTED TO ENSURE THAT THE ASSETS IN YOUR MOD FOLDER HAVE NOT BEEN CHANGED"

Is this because i first installed HOF mod 1.74.003??

I don't get it, and i really wanna play, plz some1 help me.

Hello. welcome.

If you scroll to the bottom of the HoF Mod page that is linked on the GOTM site page, you will find download links for all the old versions of the mod, including 1.74.002.

Alternatively, the GOTM 33 Saves Available thread posted a direct link to the correct version of the HoF Mod for that game.

Thank you Alan for your prompt response.

After downloading the correct mod, I relized that I had not paid attention to that "Windows Players: If you have NOT installed Beyond the Sword version 3.13 then you either need to do so, or you need to replace the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file in your Civ4 \Assets\ folder to emulate this installation. Download the replacement file here."
I have BotS in my work computer(sssshhh don't tell) but not at home so when i downloaded that file to emulate BotS 3.13, everything was fine :crazyeye:

LOVE THIS SITE! CIV IS FUN AGAIN!

i'm not sure if this is the correct forum but I'm running BTS 3.17 w/ HOF-3.17.001 and when I try to load any saves from the SGOTM, I start loading and get the Modified Assets popup, click Ok then get a Load Failed and goes back to the desktop. I re-installed the 3.17 patch & the Hof mod, ran the assets checker which said no errors. I also have uninstalled BUG3.0 what's going on with this?
cripp

i'm not sure if this is the correct forum but I'm running BTS 3.17 w/ HOF-3.17.001 and when I try to load any saves from the SGOTM, I start loading and get the Modified Assets popup, click Ok then get a Load Failed and goes back to the desktop. I re-installed the 3.17 patch & the Hof mod, ran the assets checker which said no errors. I also have uninstalled BUG3.0 what's going on with this?
cripp
The best place for this might be the SGOTM 08 Maintenance Thread, since loading problems may be specific to a particular game.

However, in this case I know that the saves are OK, because other SGOTM teams have successfully loaded them. So they are not solely compatible with my Civ4 BtS installation.

Have you checked out the FAQ relating to this issue on the GOTM web site? That provides a set of checks you can perform. If you proceed to the end of this checklist without finding a solution, then you should have an error list from the HoF AssetChecker. Armed with tis list we ought to be able to work out what's wrong.

I hope this is the right place to ask this.
Never played a GOTM before so I gave it a try.
I got BtS 3.17 and the latest HOF mod.
I got an assets error also so I downloaded the assests checker and this was the result:

BTS: Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4VoteInfo.xml <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4VoteSourceInfos.xml <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4VoteInfo.xml <-- Error: Extra file
BTS: Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4VoteSourceInfos.xml <-- Error: Extra file

I have pretty much no idea what that means, but I can say for sure that I have not modified my game files besides installing 3.17 and HOF mod.

I hope this is the right place to ask this.
Never played a GOTM before so I gave it a try.
I got BtS 3.17 and the latest HOF mod.
I got an assets error also so I downloaded the assests checker and this was the result:

BTS: Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4VoteInfo.xml <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4VoteSourceInfos.xml <-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4VoteInfo.xml <-- Error: Extra file
BTS: Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4VoteSourceInfos.xml <-- Error: Extra file

I have pretty much no idea what that means, but I can say for sure that I have not modified my game files besides installing 3.17 and HOF mod.

Try uninstall-reinstall the HOF mod. Do you have BUG or anything else like that?
cripp

Hmm! Well, the checker is first saying it can't find two files, then saying it has found an extra copy of each of the files ... in the same place it reported them missing!

I think I'll point one of the HoF Mod gurus at this post and ask them to advise.

BTW. I assume you *are* trying to play a BtS game?

Hmm! Well, the checker is first saying it can't find two files, then saying it has found an extra copy of each of the files ... in the same place it reported them missing!

I think I'll point one of the HoF Mod gurus at this post and ask them to advise.

BTW. I assume you *are* trying to play a BtS game?
Yes I am trying to play BtS.

I tried to fix this problem by moving both of the files onto my desktop and re-running the checker.
This time I got different results; The error that both of them are missing.
I'm really puzzled. With the files inside I got the "extra file error" and "missing" error
By removing them from the file I got the "missing" error.
I fail at computers :lol:

Can you open the BOTM save? Do you get an assets warning if you start a new game with the HOF Mod? (Lock modified assets must be checked.)

There have been past issues with strange errors from the assetchecker. It might have something to do with the collation sequence or some other file system quirk.

If you have vista, did you do the Vista fixes? Do you have 64-bit? There have been some strange things involving 64-bit. (I have to load the HOF Mod from the advanced menu or I get asset errors.)

Can you open the BOTM save? Do you get an assets warning if you start a new game with the HOF Mod? (Lock modified assets must be checked.)

There have been past issues with strange errors from the assetchecker. It might have something to do with the collation sequence or some other file system quirk.

If you have vista, did you do the Vista fixes? Do you have 64-bit? There have been some strange things involving 64-bit. (I have to load the HOF Mod from the advanced menu or I get asset errors.)

I can't play the BOTM save at all. I get an error about assets and it fails to load.
If I start a new game with the HOF mod I get a warning in red text saying assets are different from a standard install and it says "contact HOF staff"
And yes I have checked the "lock modified assets" button.

I have a Vista and I've gone through the Vista fixes AND I've completely disabled the adminstrator feature from my Vista a long time ago so I don't think admin problems are the case here.

Lastly I use a 16-bit color on my PC.

Then there is something wrong with your assets even though the message is quite strange.

I wasn't aware that you could turn off administrator Privilege requirements. Are you talking about turning off User Access Control (UAC)? That is not necessarily a cure for the problem Civ4 and the HOF have with Vista. You might want to turning it back on to see if that fixes something.

By 64-bit, I was referring to the version of Vista that can take advantage of a 64-bit processor. (Most people have 32-bit processors.)

The only other thing I can think of doing would be to unistall civ4 and expansions, delete anything left behind, and then reinstall.

Then there is something wrong with your assets even though the message is quite strange.

I wasn't aware that you could turn off administrator Privilege requirements. Are you talking about turning off User Access Control (UAC)? That is not necessarily a cure for the problem Civ4 and the HOF have with Vista. You might want to turning it back on to see if that fixes something.

By 64-bit, I was referring to the version of Vista that can take advantage of a 64-bit processor. (Most people have 32-bit processors.)

The only other thing I can think of doing would be to unistall civ4 and expansions, delete anything left behind, and then reinstall.
Ah yes UAC (Not using an english system so didn't know the english term for it.)
I do have a version of Vista that uses 32-bit processor. And I've checked this stuff throughly so many times that I'm going to hit the red button and reinstall everything.
*EDIT*
Alright. After a complete uninstall-reinstall I downloaded 3.17,HOF and the BOTM save again.
Tried to make it work with no avail. The old problems still persist. (the extra file and missing file error are the same)

I'm going to take a look at this tomorrow again. Thanks for your help so far Denniz.

*Last edit*
Alright I did a complete removal of everything related to Civ IV or any of it's expansions and reinstalled everything downloading patch 3.17, HOF 3.17.001 and the BOTM 10 save
and I still get the asset checker error and trying to load the save gives me a message that the file is protected and a loading failure.

I'd be really interested in taking part of this GOTM so if there's anyone out there who knows what is wrong here then I'd really appriciate any help you can give me.

A series of questions that might help ...

What does the game say if you chose "about this build" in the start menu?

Can you play BTS without the mod with no problems?

Can you play a BTS game with the mod, other than the BOTM?

If all of this seems fine, then in what folder did your HOF mod files end up? My games, or the program files path?

Have you tried deleting the HOF mod, then re-downloading it, then reinstalling it? Maybe the first download got corrupted?

dV

Have you tried deleting the HOF mod, then re-downloading it, then reinstalling it? Maybe the first download got corrupted?

dV

As amazing as it seems THAT worked.

I can't express how grateful I am.
After all that has been tried the file was propably corrupted after all.:crazyeye:

*rubs hands together*
Time to try out that save!

As amazing as it seems THAT worked.

I can't express how grateful I am.
No problem. As I have said before, that is why AlanH pays me the big bucks! ;) :lol: (CFC, AIG, ... it's all good :mischief:)

dV

(You know, dV makes TWICE as much as AlanH here ... :p)

Top Bottom