Please Read: Welcome to the C-IV GOTM

I too am getting a modified assets problem when trying to run the BtS GOTM. I'm running Windows XP, and normally BtS patched works perfectly fine, but it doesn't when I try to run the BOTM 10 game (or 9 for that matter). To ensure that I had no problems with the game itself I uninstalled BtS and re-installed it, then patched it and ran the GOTM Mod. The Assets checker says everything is fine, and I am on an admin account yet it it still "locked." Oh, as to the "Have you installed any mods that change or edit basic files in your software? (eg Bhruic's Mod or CivScale)" - I only have the mods that were included with BtS, Warlords and Vanilla. It would be nice to get some help :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, thanks for the tips on the previous page dV but even the redownload/delete did not seem to work.

Are you sure you are patched to version 3.17 of BtS? Using the downloadable patch installer, as opposed ot the in-game patch option?

Yeah, the in-game installer took longer than when I downloaded off filefront, so I used filefront instead.
In addition, I get this when I attempt to play a new game (as in a non-BOTM game) in the GOTM Mod.

If you want to play a valid HoF game then you have to start a Custom game, and set Locked Modified Assets in the relevant screen during set-up. You can't just start off by hitting "Start Game". But that warning si nt relevant for xOTM games, as the start saves are created by the GOTM staff. By the time you load them (a) they are not usable got HOF entries and (b) they should be OK for the xOTM.

Alright thanks, I'll try that.

Edit: Well according to the assetschecker its fine... but (that is w/ custom game and assets locked) ->

Another one for the HoF Team, then. That error is not related to the xOTM save, since it happens with a standard custom game start. I'll alert Denniz to your posts.

Service Pack 2, and yes to all above. I'm currently re-installing all of the games (as in Vanilla, Warlords, and Beyond the Sword). Hopefully that shall work.

Hurray! Hours of re-installation/re-downloading have succeeded! Also, I downloaded the BtS patch from another source this time. I think that might have been the problem. Now time to wait for BOTM 11 :D

No. The only mods you can run while playing any Civ4 GOTMs are graphics add-ins like Blue Marble, installed in CustomAssets (but don't use the CivScale options), and the HoF Mod - which is compulsory. Since you can only load a single mod in Civ4 at any time, the HoF Mod excludes any other mods.

I see...

The way I installed BUG, it's not a mod. It's on by default.

Will that mean I can load the HoF MOD successfully?

Or alternatively, will that mean that I will not be able to play without figuring out how to uninstall BUG?

Thx.

I don't know BUG. For it to load automaticaly, you have either edited the .ini file to make it load when you launch BtS, or you have installed it in CustomAssets.

Either way, if you install the HoF MOd, then download and double click a BtS start file, BUG should be unloaded in order to run the HoF Mod. You should not have to uninstall anything.

[Disclaimer] That's the way it *should* work, but .... your mileage may vary ...

This thread discusses using both BUG and HOF. Like Alan I haven't used BUG, and my instinct, which seems to be confirmed by a skim-reading of that thread, is that you should install BUG as a mod, so that you can run the HOF mod independently of BUG.

I have a problem with the Vista Fix for running the HoF mod. I unset the read-only option in the firaxis folder as I was instructed, but it keeps reverting back automatically. Anyone got ideas?

I unset the read-only option in the firaxis folder as I was instructed, but it keeps reverting back automatically. Anyone got ideas?

Try loading the mod and seeing if it works. Mine was the same way when I modified it for the vista fixes. In fact it still shows 'Read Only'.

Try loading the mod and seeing if it works. Mine was the same way when I modified it for the vista fixes. In fact it still shows 'Read Only'.

Well I guess it would load, but it gives the warning that I can't submit if I continue.

There is one warning that you might get, which is red text on some screens in the game (settings screen, start up screen IIRC) that says game not eligible for HOF, which is not a problem for XOTM submissions.

There is a warning that comes in a text box, that says not valid for both HOF and XOTM submissions (again, IIRC), that would represent a problem for an XOTM submission.

Can you clarify which warning you are getting?

BTW, the read only reverts back on my Vista box as well, so I don't think that per se is an issue with XOTMs and the mod.

dV

It's the one that says it's not valid for both HOF and GOTM :(

edit: oh yeah and if it helps I have the Civ4 complete edition.

Top Bottom