POLL: Do you play vanilla or a mod?

Do you play Civilization IV: Colonization with or without a mod?

• Mod? I never downloaded or use a mod.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I have a mod installed, but rarely use it.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I sometimes play with a mod, sometimes don't.

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • I play using a mod the vast majority of the time.

Votes: 48 51.1%

• Total voters

Chibiabos

Prince
I'm just curious whether a majority of C4C players manage without a mod.

Mod (of course) :)

A mod by some guy named Dale? ;)

Dale on Dale mod consumption. ^_^

It should be called 'Civilization IV: Colonization'. :)

This poll should have included an option "I always play with Dale and Snoopy's Patchmod".

Because now I am forced to say that I only play with their mod a "vast majority of the time" instead of "every single game except for the first one".

Mod
:)
Playing vanilla=Unbalanced REF(for me:p)=Absolute defeat(i'm a builder:rolleyes:)

I tried one game in vanilla and found the AI to be embarrasingly wimpy (I think it was a mid-level difficulty). After that I went to Dale's mod(s). I am playing AoD2 now and see no reason to look back. AoD2 is the game I wanted to play. Thanks Dale!

I figure I'll play vanilla for awhile. Then when I have become the ultimate MASTER of vanilla, then I'll switch to mod to become a mod-GOD:king::D

i much prefer to play "vanilla" or any of the official patches simply because i dont like the idea of playing a version of the game that one random bloke who wasnt even involved in creating the game decided the rules of it should be. i put this game aside for several months until the patch came out and am now enjoying it immensely without ever having so much as looked at "aod2" or any other. kudos to people like snoopy and dale for putting an awful lot of time into these things they're obviously talented guys and if it helps firaxis create their patches thats brilliant but until its got "official" stamped on it im not interseted =) i want the experience that firaxis saw when they dreamed of this remake, its their party after all =)

i much prefer to play "vanilla" or any of the official patches simply because i dont like the idea of playing a version of the game that one random bloke who wasnt even involved in creating the game decided the rules of it should be. i put this game aside for several months until the patch came out and am now enjoying it immensely without ever having so much as looked at "aod2" or any other. kudos to people like snoopy and dale for putting an awful lot of time into these things they're obviously talented guys and if it helps firaxis create their patches thats brilliant but until its got "official" stamped on it im not interseted =) i want the experience that firaxis saw when they dreamed of this remake, its their party after all =)

Check the credits. I'm not "one random bloke who wasn't even involved in creating the game". ;)

2K Games said:
PATCH INFORMATION

README

V1.01

Special thanks to Dale and Snoopy for their patch mod....

Source. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom