[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi,

I built for the first time, Etchmiadzin Cathedral,really very pleasant presentation with the voice of Pineappledan wife :thumbsup:.

Forbidden Palace can be build in all cities with a wall, not just in the capital when progress is finished.

I built for the first time, Etchmiadzin Cathedral,really very pleasant presentation with the voice of Pineappledan wife :thumbsup:.
Good to hear :) I'm waiting for more samples from @pineappledan, but no rush.
Forbidden Palace can be build in all cities with a wall, not just in the capital when progress is finished.
Can you provide few screenshots confiring this? I set Capital = 1 like it was set for Palace, so it shouldn't be buildable outside capital city.

Temporarily I copied solution from E-Temenanki (Palace requirement). @pineappledan Do you remember why we done that requirement such way?
On github pre v0.9 rev 7d. Savegame compatible.

Capital only makes it so the building will be rebuilt in another city if it is captured. Think the tradition policy buildings.

palace requirement is better.

Can you provide few screenshots confiring this? I set Capital = 1 like it was set for Palace, so it shouldn't be buildable outside capital city.

I saw in code :undecide: but (MW4VP v0.9 rev 7c)

Spoiler Sao Paulo - not a Capital :
upload_2020-8-31_19-45-37.png

And in the capital, I can't build because Sao Paulo started.

Spoiler Rio - Capital :
upload_2020-8-31_19-46-20.png

Additionally land area (continent, island) must consist of at least 10 tiles, so it is not possible to build it on 3-tile island f.e.

If you find some city where it should be taken int account by the code, but it is not, make me print screen and post it. I tried to check all possibilities.

Hi Adan,

I think I find a wrong case for Panama Canal :

Spoiler Panama Canal :
upload_2020-9-1_13-23-3.png

Hi Adan,

I think I find a wrong case for Panama Canal :

Spoiler Panama Canal :
Well... technically it is correct case. According to the code. The question is if we should exclude lakes :)
On github pre v0.9 rev. 7e. Savegame compatible.

Well... technically it is correct case. According to the code. The question is if we should exclude lakes

Yes, I can only admit it :agree:.
And technically it passes through several great lakes.:)

Spoiler Panama Canal :

But in the end, It find the ocean ;).

Yes, I can only admit it :agree:.
And technically it passes through several great lakes.:)

Spoiler Panama Canal :

But in the end, It find the ocean ;).
And maybe that's why I initially included lakes. In 7e I removed them, so now only seas counts. I find it better for gameplay perspective.

Hi, about to start a new game in the next days. Willing to try the mod. What version shall I go for? Shall I get the Wonder planner too?

Wonder Planner? Of course. It is must have mod.
If you don't know how to copile github build, then take v0.8.3 - latest official.

v0.9 will be probably little delayed. Recent problems with Windows on my machine made me to reinstall it, so I need some time to set up things again...

Remember that v0.8.3 has some bugs that are resolved on github version. Also many new stuff appeared there, so I would totally recommend github one as more stable one. It just misses some things I have to find time for finishing.

Last edited:
So I'll wait to use as I can't compile github ^^
Thanks!

EDIT 17/09
Couldn't wait and played with 0.8.3.
Great mod, way better than I thought, overall balanced, stop the monotone farming of wonders in the capital. Totally recommended.

Last edited:
Thanks. Maybe next week I will do the missing model. Because no more bugs are found I will probably do last cleanups and release 0.9. No promise, but I will try.

I think Mohenjo-Daro's bonus to Flood Plains isn't applying! Oasis works fine though. I am also running 4UC and Enlightenment Era, some extra civs, and more Religious Icons, so maybe there is a conflict.

I think Mohenjo-Daro's bonus to Flood Plains isn't applying! Oasis works fine though. I am also running 4UC and Enlightenment Era, some extra civs, and more Religious Icons, so maybe there is a conflict.
You probably thought about Karnak not Mohenjo-Daro. I used the same code for Karnak like for Herbalist, so it should work. It may not appear in the tooltip though:
upload_2020-9-24_20-19-13.png

@Almonds there maybe confilict between MW and VPEE, but I didn't test it.

Probably tomorrow I will post official v0.9 update. New stuff added from latest github beta will be:
  • added model (simple) for Dallol;
  • added quotes for numerous WWs recorded by @pineappledan and his wife;
  • changed quote for Ruhr Valley;
If you are not aware what was added since v0.8.3 then read those posts: rev1, rev2, rev3, rev4, rev5, rev6, rev7, rev7b, rev7c, rev7d, rev7e;

Last edited:
Offical v0.9 released!
  • I've added new quote sounds for all new wonders added in this mod. Only Ruhr Valley has no woman version. Additionally Menin Gate has its own sound now. Other VP wonders with no quote must wait for the recordings little more.

Last edited:
Wonderful! Really appreciate the hard work you put into it. I followed this mod since its initial stage and I just can't think of play a game without it. I've come to love especially your last effort to add new natural wonders (and balance them), truly amazing. On this regard I have some question: is there a max number of natural wonders allowed on a map? If yes, how can I change that? I ask because on one of your previous version it was possible, using Really Advanced Setup, to manually add ALL the natural wonders. With version 0.9 on the available list of wonders I found only the original civ 5 wonders, and not anymore the ones you created. Is there a way to play a map with all the natural wonders at the same time?
Thank you

Top Bottom