Poll: Next Tech

What's the next Tech?

• Sailing 9 Turns (Computer recommended)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Wheel 6 Turns

• Hunting 4 Turns

• Mystisim 5 Turns

• Masonry 7 Turns

• Total voters

AlphaShard

Emperor
What's the next Tech we should research let's have a official vote on it. :goodjob:

Depending on which tiles we work the amount of turns may vary. This was with the Fish tile being worked, if we allow the city to grow then it will speed some of these times up.

As I said in the other thread, I'm not sure that a poll is the best way to settle this. Polls are good for simple yes/no decisions, but not so good for complicated strategic decisions. People may vote without having understood or thought through the relevant calculations. I'd much prefer to come to a consensus through discussion in the threads than to set up a poll where we might make a decision based on what "feels right" rather than what's numerically best.

That said, Bronze Working looks sensible for the next tech choice.

I like the idea of polls as long as they are NOT binding. One big reason why I picked this team over other teams is because the team goals were stated as coming to a concensus through dialogu -- and not through the democracy / majority rules vote that other teams were proposing.

With that said, I also voted for BW :p

Polls just seemed and easier way to make sure we had a consensus. In the future I'll just make specific threads.

Polls are a good idea after a topic has already been discussed, but a clear consensus hasn't been reached. I'm going to say BW, that seems like the smartest path.

For the record, because of the analysis posted in the discussions, and because it seems best to me :), I'm voting BW as well.

Top Bottom