Poll: Preferred Faction

Which faction are you most looking forward to?

• American Reclamation Corporation

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • Brasilia

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Franco-Iberia

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Kavithan Protectorate

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • Pan-Asian Cooperative

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • People's African Union

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Polystralia

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Slavic Federation

Votes: 26 20.2%

• Total voters

CleverFool

Warlord
Hi everyone,

To my surprise there isn't a Poll yet for which faction everyone prefers (though there is an excellent one for Affinities - much like that this would be a "uninformed gut reaction edition ;) ). While I realize that we don't yet know every detail of each group, I thought it would be interesting to see everyone's preference going in "blind" so to speak.

The 8 Factions Are:

American Reclamation Corporation
Brasilia
Franco-Iberia
Kavithan Protectorate
Pan-Asian Cooperative
People's African Union
Polystralia
Slavic Federation

I look forward to hearing the reasons for everyone's preference!

I'm going with the Kavithan Protectorate for now because of its leader and theme, but we know so little about some of these factions (Polystralia and Franco-Iberia, for instance, we know nothing but their supposed faction's and leader's names, if these are their real and definitive name). So I'll probably change my mind in the near future...

If this will be the final factions (probably!) I am going with Franco-Iberia for my first few games.
Usually I like the european factions most, as I can identify myself with the western civilizations and love the mediterran ancient world. ARC would be a close second because of that.
That said, I am usually a player of all factions and enjoy all types of cultures. So I am looking forward to see more informations and artworks of all the factions! :)

I went with Franco-Iberia, but to be honest there's too little information about the factions.

Now that they've described the general mechanics to a reasonable extent, it'd be good if they disclosed more about the factions themselves, next Friday Harmony update aside.

Polystralians all let us rejoice, for we are young and free!
With endless grace, we're into space - no longer girt by sea,
New lands abounds in natures gifts of beauty rich and rare,
Polystralians all let us unite - Advance Polystralia Fair!

I feel like I need to know more about them, but the Slavic Federation sounds interesting.

Franco-Iberia because it would give me a lot of freedom for creating my own stories since they have had a wide variety of governments. I might go Purity a few rounds to see if I can end up with a corrupt hierarchy or a decent republic.

the first humans came out of Africa. it is only right that the first humans on Planet are from Africa too.

Brasilia basically on theme and geography alone. Never been much for military-oriented play styles but it'll be fun to do something out of the comfort zone and I've always wanted more South America in civ games!

So far, the Pan-Asian Cooperative is my favourite because their strengths on culture, science and energy fit me perfectly. However, we still don't have details about the other factions. If Franco-Iberia has similar strengths, then it would be my favourite faction because I like European factions most, just like Lancor said.

Slavic Federation. Can't wait to start making "Such is life in Slavic Federation" jokes while playing the game to the sounds of the Red Army Choir. Most specifically and appropriately, the Farewell to Slavianka.

And I don't like the idea of my second choice ('Murica) being a corporation. As for the others- Panasia is both ASB and eerily reminiscent of the Greater East-Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere, Franco-Iberia is both a terrible name and leaves out much of Western Europe, the African one sounds like "Africa is a country" in space, and the Indian one I'll have to see about. Same with Brasil (huehuehue)

Poland... Because we all love it

Seriously now, i think i'm going to try the franco-iberia faction,althougth it seems is just more powerfull france

This thread should be called "What is your preferred faction and why is it Polystralia?".

Random. I prefer random.

Top Bottom