1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Polls: Ranking the UUs (Vanilla Civ3)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by LastMan, Apr 3, 2002.

?

Which UU is the best (Vanilla Civ3)

1. Immortal

86 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Samurai

63 vote(s)
    25.3%
  3. Panzer

43 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. Rider

37 vote(s)
    14.9%
  5. War Elephant

11 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. Cossack

9 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Portuguese

Portuguese Vassalising Spain

Sory for being so late in my response, but in vacations I don't have Internet (It's 3€ per hour here in Algarve,can you believe it!).
    About the map...
    I usually play random, so I don't know the map this way. Inmy CIV1 times I got that habit because playing on Earth map (only one available) became to easy and boring. I think this is more fun, although a user created map seems to be more interesting some times, from the pics I have seen.

And yes, Panzer has only 3 movement points and Rider ALREADY has 3 movement points. Opportunity makes a difference...

2. nalves

nalves sailing in a NAU

Immortals rules :cool:

3. Giorgio

Giorgio Chieftain

I love those Panzers too :D, three movement does not only mean: Move thrice, but also if on railroad or road (in home territory) attack twice or even thrice. If you fight a defensive war (sounds strage, since it's an offensive unit), Panzers are one of the best units IMHO. Also, if fighting an aggressive war, they're good since the one extra movement really gives you an advantage over those lousy sherman-like tanks. Does anyone happen to know what the real historical unit for the "Panzer" was? Perhaps something like the Panzer IV or something...

4. Lynx

Lynx Chieftain

POanzers are the best, even though it takes long enough to get them, they make a big difference!

5. Globetrotter

Globetrotter ...wherever i may roam...

Da*n right they rule!!!

6. Gothmog

Gothmog Dread Enforcer

Its not on the list but I like the Mounted Warriors best (not including PTW UU's). Out of the ones on the list I guess immortals, but I have never used Samurai - I bet those are good too. I like fast units, the ability to get places fast and then the retreat ability are great for fighting an 'efficient' war.

7. PersianImmortal

PersianImmortal Chieftain

War Elephant.. U don't need a resource and it can still be victorious in combat post Democracy when u really need that Golden Age.

Immortals can just crush your opponents but u need Iron and a will to wage wars for domination before others get Feudalism or Chivalry.

8. sysyphus

sysyphus So they tell me

Immortals are by far the most useful. The beginning of the game is everything and with Immortals you are basically unstoppable for the Ancient era and the beginning of the Middle Ages.

I do like the Samurais too.

Why are some of you voting War Elephant? They're just Knights that don't require certain strategic resources that you'll most likely have anyway.

9. Lynx

Lynx Chieftain

PANZER!!!

10. DiamondzAndGunz

DiamondzAndGunz Lurking

I like the rider the best.... IMHO, can't beat that extra movememt point... But the immortals are cool too, especially on a small/tiny map where I can get conquest quickly.

btw, Lynx, Dude, you're like, spamming... everywhere I look, theres a post of yours contributing like no information to the topic...

11. Lynx

Lynx Chieftain

I LIKE PANZERS, THEY KICK ARSE!